Question for the guys from Sullivan county

I don't believe there is any zoning restriction specified. It would probably fall under the purview of the Sheriffs department, and then only if there are noise or safety complaints.

Amber Torbett is my goto source for zoning questions.

Phone: (423) 323-6440

I assume this is for personal use?

Yes. Headed down there in May to look at property. Retireing in a few years and can not wait to flee this state.

Don't worry, I will NOT be bringing any liberal views with me. I can't even stand the Republicans up here anymore. They are as bad as the liberals.
  • Like 3

Yes. Headed down there in May to look at property. Retireing in a few years and can not wait to flee this state.

Don't worry, I will NOT be bringing any liberal views with me. I can't even stand the Republicans up here anymore. They are as bad as the liberals.

The only thing you might bring with you is a good bagel....lol

Since it’s just for you, I don’t think zoning would be an issue; but I don’t know that for sure. I would call and have a talk with a Command Officer of the LE agency that would respond to a complaint. I’m sure if someone complains (5 acres isn’t that big) you could have a problem.

I don't believe there is any zoning restriction specified. It would probably fall under the purview of the Sheriffs department, and then only if there are noise or safety complaints.
Amber Torbett is my goto source for zoning questions.
Phone: (423) 323-6440

If I were to call her, who shall I say gave me the number?
Sullivan County is a big county so it depends what part you will live in. I have one on my property and have had no issues. Amber Torbett lives one mile from me and she has been to my house many times.(we buy eggs from her daughter). I have nobody that lives close to me to complain. The closest has his
own range also.

If I were to call her, who shall I say gave me the number?

It doesn't matter. Zoning is her job. Just tell her the basic details.

Here's the zoning code

http://www.sullivancountytn.gov/node/118

I glanced through it and didn't see any reference.

As long as you're not in a subdivision with restrictions there is no reason you probably can't shoot your guns on your land.

Now if you scare or piss off your neighbors then it will become a complaint issue and SC Sheriffs department will become involved.

Oh and btw, Hickory Tree may not be to your liking.

It doesn't matter. Zoning is her job. Just tell her the basic details.

Oh and btw, Hickory Tree may not be to your liking.

Why wouldn't I like it? Too much like Memphis?

Quick Google says Brad Pitt. If he is the only reason I can deal with it. Edited by OH UNCLE PAUL

Why wouldn't I like it? Too much like Memphis?

Quick Google says Brad Pitt. If he is the only reason I can deal with it.

Hickory Tree is a bit rough and familial if you know what I mean.

Holston Valley is certainly pretty though.