Fulmer Gone!!!

Guest billwilly73

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they hire that guy from Maryville High School. Now that would have significant entertainment value right there.

I also do not expect they will do that. I just hope if they make overtures to Brian Kelly that he is not interested.

That guy from Maryville? Who? Quarrles? Whos undefeated in the last 60ish games? Hes enjoying his time with his family on his measly $100k+ salary too much. I think Lane Kiffen would be a great choice. Im still in shock that Phils gonna be gone. I wonder what all the Phil haters will say when we get another coach and he puts up a worse record then Phil (always a possibility).

Spurrier has too cushy of a gig to leave it, and I doubt he would even if the Vols coughed up enough cash.

What I want to know is... who will the Vols fans blame next year with Fulmer gone? :P

Obama, he took from the "rich" and gave to the poor....

I'm glad he's gone. Phil lost his fire for coaching a few years ago. I would like to see them go after Butch Davis, look at what he's done with a program that is not nearly as supported as TN's.

Spurrier would never coach here don't be rediculous. He doesn't like TN they turned him down to come play here when he was a player, Florida took him and the rest is history. Spurrier is a TN native but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like UTK. Lane Kiffin I sure hope not, Butch Davis is not what we need either. Mike Leach that would great but I don't see him leaving Texas Tech. Will Muschamp well I think he is kinda a calculated risk. Bill Cowher would be great also.

Edited by Almond27
I have heard John Gruden's name a few times, anybody else heard that?

Yep, don't know the connection or why he would want to come here. Was surprised to hear his name come up.

Spurrier has too cushy of a gig to leave it, and I doubt he would even if the Vols coughed up enough cash.

What I want to know is... who will the Vols fans blame next year with Fulmer gone? :P

Me too, and who will bama blame for gettin turned in for cheatin :stir::stir:

Yep, don't know the connection or why he would want to come here. Was surprised to hear his name come up.

Gruden coached there in the late 80's IIRC. His wife's family is from knoxville and they still visit there pretty regularly.

I can't see Gruden doing well in college ball, nor can I see him leaving Tampa, but stranger things have happened...

Guest Bronker

I blame Bush. Isn't that by default what we do?

It'll be many years before catch Al-obama anyway.

I have mixed emotions about him. He still has a very impressive winning record, best among the majority of coaches past and present.

Just not lately...

Gruden coached there in the late 80's IIRC. His wife's family is from knoxville and they still visit there pretty regularly.

I can't see Gruden doing well in college ball, nor can I see him leaving Tampa, but stranger things have happened...

Thanx! Yeah, I thought Gruden leaving the NFL for college was crazy talk.

Me too, and who will bama blame for gettin turned in for cheatin :P:stir:

Thanx! Yeah, I thought Gruden leaving the NFL for college was crazy talk.

The answer has been given on the Gruden TN connection, here is wikipedia just for ****s and giggles.

Gruden attended Clay High School in South Bend, Indiana, where his father Jim Gruden served as an assistant to Dan Devine at the University of Notre Dame. Feeling he would not have a chance to play for the Fighting Irish, Jon Gruden chose not to attend Notre Dame – where he would have received free tuition as a coach's child – but Muskingum College in New Concord, Ohio. After just one year he transferred to the University of Dayton, where he was a back-up quarterback under coach Mike Kelly from 1982-84.

After graduating with a degree in communications, Gruden started his coaching career as a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee during the 1986 season. He found his way as the quarterbacks coach at Southeast Missouri State for two years. He then made a smooth transition to University of Pacific in 1989 as offensive assistant. He became the wide-receivers coach for the University of Pittsburgh in 1991.

Going to be interesting to see.