Prayers for my dad and my family.

zgunbear

My dad is dying from pancreatic cancer. He lives in Colorado with my mom, sister, her husband and their two kids.

My dad has never been one to have deep conversations with the kids.  He and I were estranged for several years. We have reconciled.

I have scheduled time to go the week of March 12th to the 16th.

My dad is not able to keep any food down now he is loosing weight very quickly.

It has been a rough time for the family. I am very sad.

Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom to adjust his pain medicine and help dad have quality of life until the end.

Please pray that I have time with him in March.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prayers to ya'll.

My dad also had pancreatic cancer. I'm only gonna say this because I ain't one to beat around the bush. If he can't eat and is losing weight rapidly, if there's any way possible you can go before the 12th, you really should. From what I have experienced at that point things progress rapidly. I'll pray for yall. I've definitely been in your shoes not too long ago.

My prayers to ya'll.

My dad also had pancreatic cancer. I'm only gonna say this because I ain't one to beat around the bush. If he can't eat and is losing weight rapidly, if there's any way possible you can go before the 12th, you really should. From what I have experienced at that point things progress rapidly. I'll pray for yall. I've definitely been in your shoes not too long ago.

Agreed. At the very least this is a sign of the beginning of the end. I remember when my grandma got to this point, and it was over quick. 

My dad is dying from pancreatic cancer. He lives in Colorado with my mom, sister, her husband and their two kids.
My dad has never been one to have deep conversations with the kids.  He and I were estranged for several years. We have reconciled.
Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom to adjust his pain medicine and help dad have quality of life until the end.

Keeping you and yours in our prayers

My prayers to ya'll.

This is what I was going to say.  Two friends lost to that cancer......  So... While I am very sympathetic to you and your families plight.....take heed to JWC's alert. You likely do not have as much cognizant time as you think. Prayers up.

Edited by R_Bert

Prayers sent

Guest Lowbuster
Prayers sent your way for you and yours. When my grandfather died, I sat with him and talked about his life and things he had done. He told me it made him forget his ailments at that time later before he died. Time spent with your father is key now, spend as much as you canwhile you can. You are one of the most important things in life to him, let him know you're happy.
God bless