Why vote?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

That opinion would make our founding fathers turn over in their grave, right? Well those old bastards are dead, and men don't act like that anymore. I include myself in this next statement; Men in this country are a bunch of chicken sh1t cowards. Talk and talk, but how many years has it been since a group of men had enough brass on their ars to actually PHYSICALLY do something about ANYTHING?

Classy. Especially the part about our founding fathers being referred to as dead bastards.

;)

Guest Bronker
It is your right, but why post an idea on a discussion forum that you're not willing to back up? I think one of the biggest problems with society is peoples' tendency to accept things as truth without ever thinking about it.

I couldn't agree more!

Don't assume I'm one of those 'people.' I have my beliefs and reasons. You have yours. Mine are based upon educated, insightful, and intuitive inflection. I don't really care how others derive theirs. And that's ok. I don't feel compelled to go into a hour-long dissertation regarding the evolution of personal liberties in a gun forum. Not that I can't. Let's expend energy doing more productive things.

If you'll go back to page 1, you'll see that it is enough for me to know that someone gave their life either for the emergence, or the preservation of my civil liberties in a free republic. Regardless of how I assume the local polling will go, I choose to exercise that right.

My vote may not matter in the grand scheme of things, but it matters to me.

Guest Astra900
Good points for thought, Astra. If Thomas Jefferson saw the way things are going today, I doubt he'd be thinking about voting.

No he wouldn't. AND if we had a leader (not necessarily a political leader) with the virtues and courage of TJ to lead us, I might be inclined to stop my selfish hoarding and work toward a better future. But we don't have, and probably never will, and as such, I'll go back to taking care of numero uno.

Guest Astra900
Classy. Especially the part about our founding fathers being referred to as dead bastards.

;)

'scuse me, but pride in the old ways equals about as much as stick floating in the ocean.

Obama preaches CHANGE. Well, everything is already permanently changed. He just wants to bring those changes to light.

Store up, hoard, fortify, and make multiple escape routes.

Guest looneeetunes
I couldn't agree more!

Don't assume I'm one of those 'people.' I have my beliefs and reasons. You have yours. Mine are based upon educated, insightful, and intuitive inflection. I don't really care how others derive theirs. And that's ok. I don't feel compelled to go into a hour-long dissertation regarding the evolution of personal liberties in a gun forum. Not that I can't. Let's expend energy doing more productive things.

If you'll go back to page 1, you'll see that it is enough for me to know that someone gave their life either for the emergence, or the preservation of my civil liberties in a free republic. Regardless of how I assume the local polling will go, I choose to exercise that right.

My vote may not matter in the grand scheme of things, but it matters to me.

+1... i think in todays society some of the younger generation have no idea what "giving lives" means. have i ever been in that situation. no... but i have great respect to those who have, and those who continue to do so. i will not take that lightly, and i will not set back and say, well no reason for me to get involved, others will do whats right for me. i talk to several people who have no backbone, no sense of pride for themselves, lettle alone for others. those who wish to stand for what is right, and want to try to make a diffrence. this comes naturally, i dont think it can be taught, it is instilled. it is what you are made of. seperates the men from the boys ,to put it in simple terms.

Guest Bronker
I wasn't trying to be a dirty post****er or anything.

I don't know what that means. But, OK!

Maybe you'll find what you need out of the rest of the responses.

Polls open in 9 hours. Will you be there? Good luck!

Guest Bronker
I won't comment as to whether or not I will or have already voted until later, but thanks!

Don't worry about the censored part, it really had nothing to do with you, I appreciate your input greatly ;)

+1 for cordial debate.

• Administrator

The original poster has been permanently banned for trolling and this thread is done. If there is a God in heaven, the OP will wake up tomorrow in a mountainous region of Afghanistan and have to fight for his very life against people who would deprive him of not only his right to vote but his right to live.

Barring a life changing experience like that, I am convinced that nothing he could possibly add to TGO in the future would be of any value. He won't be missed.