What pistols would you add to this collection?(Light topic, for fun only)

espacef1fan

Your missing a good 357 Magnum there sport, Were I buying new or near new it'd be a Ruger GP-100 4". Otherwise any other pistol you obtain will be that a semi auto pistol. But a good DA/SA revolver simply defines handgun ownership.

This.  Heck, I bought used and went with a 4 inch GP-100 (traded a four inch Taurus 66 .357 which was a good gun but just not a Ruger.)  Every gun owner should have a .357, I believe.

I would also suggest a single action revolver of some sort.  Even an inexpensive Heritage Rough Rider (I have one with both the .22LR cylinder and .22 Magnum cylinder) is a lot of fun.  My other single action is a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum and I have to say that wouldn't be a bad choice, either.  Part of me kind of wants a single action in .45, eventually, just because it is the grandaddy round.  Of course if it were just going to be a range toy you could combine the first, two suggestions and get a single action in .357. 

Finally, I think I'd have to toss in a CZ (actually vz) 82 for consideration.  It is chambered in 9mm Makarov and was built by the Czechs as (in their opinion) a better alternative to the Russian Makarov design.  Ballistics are similar to .380 and the polygonal rifling helps them to be nice and accurate.  They are all metal and so a little weighty but fairly compact.  I carry mine in a belt slide holster, sometimes loaded with Hornady Critical Defense in 9mm Mak.  They aren't quite as common as they were a couple of years ago and prices have gone up a little but they are still relatively inexpensive (I got mine for $190 a couple of years back and I think they are more like $240 or so, now.)  Besides, everyone should own at least one 'Commie' handgun.

Edited by JAB

ON that front I have:
30-06 M1 Garand
5.56 AR15 (Mag Tactical AIR 15 Recon)
30-30 lever gun
.22 Savage model 4

There's your answer! A nice S&W prelock or a Government style 1911 would be right at home with those long guns! ... or the High Power as mentioned earlier.

M1 Garand! Yes indeed! Two thumbs up! : ) Edited by Djay3

From a stance of home defense/concealed carry/range toys what would you add to this group?

.45 Sig 1911 Rail fullsize 

9MM Taurus PT111 G2 

.380  Walther PK380

Just curious what you guys would add to this collection, perhaps it'll inspire me to add one of your suggestions.

Remember, this is for fun.

Assuming money is not a big issue, I would add a RugerMark II or III.22 automatic (I own one) a .38 or .357 double action revolver (Colt, S&W or Ruger) and a Ruger Blawkhawk Convertible in .357/9mm (I also have one of these and it's a fun pistol to shoot!!!).

BTW, I own one of those little Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 and it's a dandy!  It goes everywhere I go.  Just picked up a third mag for it.  That actually hurt a bit.  Couldn't find one cheap.  Still love this little pistol!

Edited by Moped

From a stance of home defense/concealed carry/range toys what would you add to this group?

9MM Taurus PT111 G2 

.380  Walther PK380

Just curious what you guys would add to this collection, perhaps it'll inspire me to add one of your suggestions.

heh 3 applications make it hard.  Range toy, anything goes --- you buy what you want for it, and everyone wants something different. 

Home defense, I say higher cap and big framed guns -- My ideal choice would be a RIA 1911 9mm highcap -- good trigger, nice recoil management, good capacity, inexpensive.   Concealed carry, you have a bunch of large guns already,  you need a pocket gun IMHO.   Sig 238 or 938, for example, or shield, or something like that.

Another vote for a nice double action revolver. Smith & Wesson has many options, but the nicest that you can get at a reasonable price will be the 686. New or old they are hard to beat. They are a far better range/target gun that any Tupperware gun, (I own many Tupperware guns and they are what I mainly carry) and the triggers can be made as smooth as glass. Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1

The HiPower gets some interest because of my interest in old/surplus guns.

It’s hard to find a Belgium Browning Hi Power. I haven’t owned a 9mm in many years and I don’t buy foreign guns, but I would like to have my Hi-Power back. I’m not impressed with the fit and finish of the ones I see today.
Please give the Shield a good look if a little gun is a possibility. I really do feel it's the best shooting/handling piece out of all the pocket pistols. Quite often one forgets that it's such a small gun at the range. It shoots just like a full size. Real sights, the best trigger of the M&P lineup (besides the Pro) and phenomenally understated recoil make it a real overachiever.

Please give the Shield a good look if a little gun is a possibility. I really do feel it's the best shooting/handling piece out of all the pocket pistols. Quite often one forgets that it's such a small gun at the range. It shoots just like a full size. Real sights, the best trigger of the M&P lineup (besides the Pro) and phenomenally understated recoil make it a real overachiever.

I had to look twice to make sure that I did not type this. I agree with every word and have even said this numerous times. Even though the Shield is still being produced in mass quantities, I would give up probably every pistol I have before the Shield. I have also shot almost every pocket and sub-9mm made with the exception of some of the exotics. None can compete with the Shield's value and shoot ability.

While a 4" 357mag is a great versatile gun, don't pass on a 3" for the right deal. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1

I'll chime in with another vote for the Shield. I swear by the Glock 19 and wore one on my wedding day, but for those days I need something smaller, the Shield is my answer (for now). 

It is the single stack 9mm that Glock will regret not making.

9MM Taurus PT111 G2 

.380  Walther PK380

You have good taste dude. Those are three fine handguns. You have concealed carry covered and home defense. One of my favorite handguns to shoot is the .357 magnum version of the Ruger Bisley Vaquero. It is as accurate as any pistol I own. It's heavy enough to absorb the recoil of hot loads, so I can shoot it all day and I had to get a nice Cheyenne western rig for it.

• Like 1

I don't consider plastic guns to be collectables unless they are  toy guns. They fit into the tool category for me. One should always have a .357 revolver. At least one SA revolver.  War guns 1911, BHP, p-38, Luger are always going to be interesting and available. Admittedly some more pricy than others. Rule is get what you like. I'm hugely vested in Smith N frames, BHP, and Colts. Lucky to have been given some of them by my father.

• Like 2

I don't consider plastic guns to be collectables unless they are  toy guns. They fit into the tool category for me. One should always have a .357 revolver. At least one SA revolver.  War guns 1911, BHP, p-38, Luger are always going to be interesting and available. Admittedly some more pricy than others. Rule is get what you like. I'm hugely vested in Smith N frames, BHP, and Colts. Lucky to have been given some of them by my father.

Glocks will be collector items someday. There just won’t be anyone admiring them and saying “These were made back when quality was king.” biggrin.gif