The photography thread

10-Ring

I know we have a lot of photographers here on TGO, myself included.  There was another thread of this type a while back but it is so old a lot of the links to the photo hosting sites are no longer good so I thought that I would start a new thread so we could share our work with one another.  Please contribute your own work.  Here are a few of my favorites from the past couple of years.  I don't care if you use my pictures for private use, I would appreciate a PM if anyone intends to use them for any other purpose.

Little Tennessee River

FALS0038_zpsf6vjz7es.jpg

Watts Bar Nuclear Plant

FALS0033_zpsule4o8m1.jpg

Fall Creek Falls

FALS0020_zpsosfgp0vg.jpg

Bald River Falls

18140003_zps8ocp7qx6.jpg

18140018_zpsrdta9dez.jpg

• Like 13

So

I'd like to go ahead and say I am not a photographer and all of the following pics were taken with a cell phone so take it easy on me.

20150201_124319_zpsagwq4xpi.jpg

20150201_124050_zpsbqyjtqvt.jpg

20150201_115859_zpskjlovksl.jpg

20141122_160029_zpshkoux7qd.jpg

20141112_121813_RichtoneHDR_zpszia4iotz.

20140802_162100_zpsaqk3bhxc.jpg

20140801_090515_zpsdff3yjeh.jpg

Two of these are not like the others. What doesn't belong here? lol

Today's cell phones can take some fantastic shots.
  • Like 1

Today's cell phones can take some fantastic shots.

Isn't that the truth! Apple's iPhone 6 has a superb auto white balance sensor that blows away many recent "real" cameras.

Hoping this thread blossoms; some nice shots already posted!
  • Like 1

I cut my teeth in photography by being a photographer on the Dragon for three years.  I saw a lot of wild stuff and I literally have hundreds of pictures to prove it but this is one of my favorites from that time in life.  This happened to be a personal friend of mine who walked away from this accident completely unharmed.  He landed on the side of the road, stood up, and yelled at me "did you get that?"  And that is why I'm a firm believer in wearing good gear while riding motorcycles.

debusk%20crash_zpscly5hz9f.jpg

• Like 8

I cut my teeth in photography by being a photographer on the Dragon for three years. I saw a lot of wild stuff and I literally have hundreds of pictures to prove it but this is one of my favorites from that time in life. This happened to be a personal friend of mine who walked away from this accident completely unharmed. He landed on the side of the road, stood up, and yelled at me "did you get that?" And that is why I'm a firm believer in wearing good gear while riding motorcycles.

What an awesome shot! Glad he's ok. With the gear he's got on it looks like he walked out of the Thriller video lol.
  • Like 1

I cut my teeth in photography by being a photographer on the Dragon for three years.  I saw a lot of wild stuff and I literally have hundreds of pictures to prove it but this is one of my favorites from that time in life.  This happened to be a personal friend of mine who walked away from this accident completely unharmed.  He landed on the side of the road, stood up, and yelled at me "did you get that?"  And that is why I'm a firm believer in wearing good gear while riding motorcycles.

Yes fantastic shot. It's that small slice of  history you might capture. I drive my wife and friends crazy with my camera. I'll step out of line and hold the shutter button down till what ever is happening is over. I've told her that her job is to make sure I don't get run over by an oncoming car or other traffic. We  were at The Grand Canyon and she's convinced if I fell over the edge I'd be holding the shutter button down till I hit bottom...

Are people pics allowed?  Maybe a little something different for you guys. :)

*These are all photographs and not Photoshop. Photoshop was only used to polish. What you see is what I shot.*

i-KjTTZFD-L.jpg

i-rVczPh6-L.jpg

i-gRjKPMc-L.jpg

DUDE! You are my hero. That is some amazing work. I just bought my very first camera (Sony A6000) and downloaded Photoshop + Lightroom. I have very little idea how to use any of them, but I aspire to be like you. 

• Like 1

As I just mentioned in a previous post, I just purchased my very first camera and downloaded Photoshop + Lightroom. I haven't attempted Photoshop, but I have toyed around with Lightroom a bit. 

Nothing like the quality we've seen above, but here are a few of my first shots and attempts at playing with Lightroom.

2bd9bdf5-4a5a-4308-8bd6-18e269e3bd11_zps

9e16edbe-7e43-46c8-a4e6-5735f77de9d1_zps

37575c73-ffc0-469b-ac3e-1c959e8b76fd_zps

• Like 4