The photography thread

10-Ring

• 4 weeks later...

A few recent shots....

These are from Oakes Farm in Corryton.  My boys love it, lots to do and its not outrageously priced.  I got a couple decent shots and a couple others that would've been great, had they been in focus.  :-\    The servo mode and I weren't getting along that day.  Seemed like it would hold focus exactly where I wanted until an instant before I pressed the shutter.  I think I forgot to change it from evaluative to point focus, that might have helped. 

i-P4pJV2t-M.jpg

i-Fw3Mt2S-M.jpg

i-g3XBR8Z-M.jpg

And from the beach a couple weeks ago....

i-zwZV6Hs-M.jpg

i-SNPzwTb-M.jpg

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

I haven't had much of a chance to pick up a camera in the last year or so but that is about to change.  Got into Photoshop today to try to knock some rust off and cleaned up this picture I took of a rattlesnake a few years ago.13178712_10100709853550118_9082259543691

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I purchased two items recently that I think some of you may be interested in.

The first item I purchased was to eliminate the common issue of my camera strap being frustrating. The stock Canon strap is hard to adjust, uncomfortable, and too short to use as a sling. I found this: Peak Design Slide SL-2

I think I'm really, really going to like this. I use my camera for video sometimes on a tripod and it will be nice to be able to easily remove the straps. Supposedly it is much more comfortable than stock straps. Review pending after I try it out.

The second item I purchased was more of a spontaneous purchase. While shooting video over the weekend I noticed some sort of something blocking the picture slightly. I had one of these years ago but misplaced it: Giottos Rocket Air Blower

These are great, not only will the get dust/debris off your lens but also the more important sensor.

• Moderators

Update: Peak Design Slide SL-2 works great! Shot with it some this weekend. Very comfortable and easily adjustable. I love how easy it is to add and remove from the camera. The only downside I have regarding the issue is that it stores quite largely. If I had a bit larger bag it would be fine. Well, since it is a padded strap with decently large buckles it does take up some space. That's a trade-off I'll gladly make for all of the other things it brings to the table. Now, some pictures from this weekend.

VXcy4nJ.jpg

b9GQXG5.jpg

9ISci89.jpg

wcFSP5k.jpg

ToxNXJT.jpg

sTcarzt.jpg

yGQbIda.jpg

vDJTbhc.jpg

NPpDA2p.jpg

iz7lCNH.jpg

dUFPPlx.jpg

GAv1GUX.jpg

HhnnWK0.jpg

IScwwCl.jpg

iudek3B.jpg

mqwo4dD.jpg

rJwZgLX.jpg

RqFaybd.jpg

0aT9WOX.jpg

GjegVbS.jpg

Z5Jb3Fl.jpg

zlt4Tqu.jpg

Edited by CZ9MM
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Last night I finally got rid of the Cabela's cooler I was trying to sell here. Ok, first a little background. After taxes, I valued the cooler and accessories at $395.07. I was trying to sell it on here for $250 without any takers.

Fast forward to yesterday, I traded the cooler + $100 for the following lens:

Canon EF 17-40L

Not only that, but also a B+W 77 Filter

It is used but overall in great shape. I think it was a great deal.

Thus, now my three lenses are:

Canon EF 17-40L

50mm STM

85mm 1.8

This 17-40L is the only lens I've had like this. Obviously I've had a few 18-55mm EF-S lenses, but that is to an extent a different ballpark altogether. On my full-frame, this 17-40L is quite nice from wide to normal. I messed around with it a bit at home and it makes rooms look very, very nice.

Primary uses: Architecture, Landscapes, etc. Would also work pretty great as a wallk around lens where you are afraid 50mm may be too tight.

Who else has this lens?

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, jhc77 said:

The 50mm 1.8 is still on my wishlist at Amazon. Waiting on taxes to hopefully pick one up. 

Make sure you get the newer STM version. Optically it should be about the same but it uses a different autofucus motor, so focus should be faster and quieter. My opinion.

50mm STM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...