The photography thread

10-Ring

I'll share a couple;

duck_zpshmhnp6uu.jpg

Dave

So what did I say in the fall? I said Fred, we have to fly south, ducks fly south before the winter. What did you say? You said NAAAA, we will be alright. You lazy bum.

• Like 3

So what did I say in the fall? I said Fred, we have to fly south, ducks fly south before the winter. What did you say? You said NAAAA, we will be alright. You lazy bum.

Awesome! Thank you!

Dave

• Like 1

That's a nice pic Ted.  I'm from the Nashville area and just moved back.  I was not into photography when I lived here before and I would love to get out and do some night shots around the city.  However I am very hesitant to do so alone.  Between carrying around an expensive camera and not having good situational awareness while I'm setting up and taking the pictures I need to get some buddies to go with me and do it.  Just don't feel that it would be safe to do alone.

That's a nice pic Ted.  I'm from the Nashville area and just moved back.  I was not into photography when I lived here before and I would love to get out and do some night shots around the city.  However I am very hesitant to do so alone.  Between carrying around an expensive camera and not having good situational awareness while I'm setting up and taking the pictures I need to get some buddies to go with me and do it.  Just don't feel that it would be safe to do alone.

I just hate how compressed my image looks on the forum. Maybe it's photobucket? They look much better through photobucket after clicking the "view image" button on the top right of the photos....

DUDE! You are my hero. That is some amazing work. I just bought my very first camera (Sony A6000) and downloaded Photoshop + Lightroom. I have very little idea how to use any of them, but I aspire to be like you.

Wow, thanks!

Are people pics allowed?  Maybe a little something different for you guys. :)

*These are all photographs and not Photoshop. Photoshop was only used to polish. What you see is what I shot.*

i-KjTTZFD-L.jpg

i-rVczPh6-L.jpg

i-gRjKPMc-L.jpg

I need several drop-jaw icons for this!!! Absolutely fabulous!!!
  • Like 2

I hope folks follow your link. Very nice images! Just a 10 month bug? Very impressive!

Indeed, very nice!

Let's talk gear for minute...   Anyone want recommend a decent tripod that's not massively over-priced?  I know, I know....  $1000 camera on a $20 tripod...   I would like something that will sit reasonably low.   Weight isn't a big concern. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125920344@N08/

Above is the link to some of the pictures I have taken in the last 10 months since i got bit by the photo bug.

Those are some very nice pictures you've taken there.  I think it's safe to say that you have a knack for photography to say the least!

Indeed, very nice!

Let's talk gear for minute...   Anyone want recommend a decent tripod that's not massively over-priced?  I know, I know....  $1000 camera on a $20 tripod...   I would like something that will sit reasonably low.   Weight isn't a big concern. 

I battle with this too.  I'm using a low end Manfroto and I do not like it at all.  I'll be buying a decent one soon.  I really do believe that tripods are a "buy once, cry once" purchase.  Might as well go ahead and bite the bullet.  I'll be looking for something that is stable yet easily portable.  (I think that's what we are all looking for.)  I have put a $6,0000 rig on a tripod that I paid $3 for before.  I was in a pinch, but it worked for what I had to do right then.