From USMC to NIKE... and California to Tennessee

Guest redblacktrev

Semper Fi, Devil Dog.

As others have said, there's absolutely no tact in introducing yourself, only to abruptly start bitching about something. 

Come on killer, is 10 cents per box really too much too ask for? I'm sure it's going to a great cause. A dime here and there to help ensure our rights isn't too bad at all or the maintenance of ranges or what not isn't much.

And by the way, look how many people have thanked you for your service. You wouldn't get that in some other states. It's nice to see how many patriotic people still know that freedom ain't free.

And before you think you should go somewhere else, don't underestimate the wealth of knowledge that resides here.

Welcome to Tennessee. Thanks for your service.
Several of my guns have labels on the case -"Not legal in California". I can live with an ammo tax easier than having a State dictate to me what guns I can own.
  • Like 1

Small tax is a lot better than the database NY is trying to push out that will require a background check for every box of ammo you buy and backdoor registry because there are rumors that you will have to tell them what gun you will shoot the ammo in. Guess they never heard of more than one gun of the same caliber. No word how much this will add to the cost of ammo.

Clearly we all should have done something about that pesky ammo tax before he showed up.  Who the heck forgot to do that?!?

Trust me, folks, we're going to have a stern discussion about this at this week's meeting.  And whoever keeps leaving the toilet seat up, Marge in Accounting is plenty ticked about that too.

It's Homer. Duff's is really hard to aim.
  • 6 years later...
Guest redblacktrev

Hmmm, guess it's been a while. Don't live in TN anymore, so yes: bye. No hard feelings... I loved living in TN and am sorry I didn't get to enjoy the forum at all.

Funny what people assume with limited context, though. I moved to TN from CA but I'm no Californian (thank God).

I'm back in my native state of Florida, where there is no tax on ammunition.

The point of my post was to provoke thought for those who remain in TN. "Small price to pay" is a slippery slope.

Anyhow, call me a visionary. Looks like some folks with sense got elected and then got legislation drafted and passed to address the issue I saw:

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/politics/house-passes-repeal-of-tennessees-10-cent-tax-on-ammunition/51-9a760cd6-778e-44c7-80ad-5fc5f8f8a310

Been on your mind for those six long years, huh? I am sure glad that's resolved. And the Florida thing, too...

(From a former Tennessean, who left to serve and then returned to God's country...)

Edited by OMCHamlin

Just read all of this one. Its a valid point in that anything related to 2nd A should not be taxed but there is infact a hidden Fed tax on all firearm and ammunition manufacture that I believe was the work of the Clinton administration. At least here in TN, things "seem" to be heading in the right direction. Obviously we should all pull together by joining the TFA right off the bat once anyone moves here. Unfortunately for FL, it's moved into the purple zone so it may not be all that far away from Cali given more time. Destantis is holding the line but for how long? IDK. My bet is maybe TN will hold out against the Deep state a bit longer. JMO. Good Luck RBT in FL!

• Like 1