Officer Scheffers

My daughter Shayelan has been a guard at the Newport jail for a while now with the plan of becoming a Police officer, and Sheriff Fontes told her today that he is going to make her a reserve deputy for and if she does a good job and get good reports from her supervising officers the county will send her to police academy in October. I am very proud of her, she is a single mother who works 2 jobs to support herself and my Granddaughter and really deserves a good break. So if your in Cocke County next year and get pulled over by a pretty blond cop tell her to say hi to her daddy John for ya it might get you out of a ticket lol :up:

• Like 12
Congratulations to her on achieving such honors. My advice to anyone heading off to an academy is to train like you are trying to become a Navy Seal. Donelson, the community colleges, and the few city/county academies are no where near as hard as Seal training or even military basic training. However, the academy is not the place to get into shape. Go there in the best physical shape so you can focus on academics and be able to put the worries of PT behind you.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

She is torn up this morning, she is on her way to get her pepper spray and taser qualifying today lol This means she has to get tasered, then 30 mins later get pepper sprayed. I told her to have someone video it so I could watch LMBO

• Like 2

10382741_548898925241701_408610068769223

Lilly Mae Scheffers my beautiful Granddaughter

WOW!!! She is beautiful!! Sure doesn't look like her Granddad, thankfully. lol

Start saving up the oo buck to scare off the rowdy young hooligans as she gets older.

She is torn up this morning, she is on her way to get her pepper spray and taser qualifying today lol This means she has to get tasered, then 30 mins later get pepper sprayed. I told her to have someone video it so I could watch LMBO

Neither one of the two are terrible with the taser being pretty much over with after the power circuit stops. The pepper spray pain or burns going to last anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on how much of a spray hits her. She'll get a mild chemical burn resembling a sunburn out of it too. BTW their will be a round two when she later washes her face or takes a shower so she will have to tough it out.

Neither one of the two are terrible with the taser being pretty much over with after the power circuit stops. The pepper spray pain or burns going to last anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on how much of a spray hits her. She'll get a mild chemical burn resembling a sunburn out of it too. BTW their will be a round two when she later washes her face or takes a shower so she will have to tough it out.

If they do it like metro, they will put you in a sealed bus or bunker and throw a canister in there, so it's not as bad as having the spray directly on you. 

Congratulations to her on achieving such honors. My advice to anyone heading off to an academy is to train like you are trying to become a Navy Seal. Donelson, the community colleges, and the few city/county academies are no where near as hard as Seal training or even military basic training. However, the academy is not the place to get into shape. Go there in the best physical shape so you can focus on academics and be able to put the worries of PT behind you.

Second that motion. She really needs to take this PT preparation thing seriously John455.

The taser is nothing to get emotional about. It's painful but it is only painful for a minute. I have never heard of having to do both in the same day; that is crazy. Now the pepper spray sucks! One of the best things I have ever seen used as a neutralizer was a gallon of whole milk. I have seen baby shampoo, Dove soap, and even the stuff EMT's carry used to clean up the oils, but the guy who brought whole milk was good after about 10 minutes.

She said the Taser wasn't to bad, the pepper spray sucked, she got sprayed, then after they set off a canister and she had to enter a cell and subdue a mock prisoner in the pepper cloud. She passed with flying colors, her instructor told her she really impressed him. Two hours later she still had very red eyes and a red blotchy face.

Edited by john455
  • Like 1

She said the Taser wasn't to bad, the pepper spray sucked, she got sprayed, then after they set off a canister and she had to enter a cell and subdue a mock prisoner in the pepper cloud. She passed with flying colors, her instructor told her she really impressed him. Two hours later she still had very red eyes and a red blotchy face.

The only thing to make this thread better would be the video.   Never been tased myself, but after experiencing pepper spray, I would volunteer for tasing to avoid the pepper.  I don't want to burn a second time.

The only thing to make this thread better would be the video.   Never been tased myself, but after experiencing pepper spray, I would volunteer for tasing to avoid the pepper.  I don't want to burn a second time.

I guess it shows how different people are. I've never been tased, but I have experienced CS gas. I've seen enough videos of people getting tased to know I'd step back into that gas chamber about a hundred times to avoid the tasing.

But I'd eat a cheeseburger to avoid both.

They used the good stuff on us, the 3 in 1.   "SABRE pepper spray combines Red Pepper, CS Military Tear Gas and UV Dye for maximum stopping power."

It packs a 1 2 punch of both CS and Red Pepper really gets you and cleans out your nose better the any decongestant on the market.