Post your pictures.

Guest GunTroll

Here is my MO 2010 buck. I'm calling this one a management buck that I'm very happy with. I didn't see many bucks this year. MO has some diseases going around killing off deer. We figured this deer to be a 4/5 year old. I'm no professional deer ager so I don't really know. Either way I'm happy that I was there in the right place at the right time. I only moved the ladder stand I shot him from that very same mid day that I shot him. I thought that all the commotion of hanging the stand and my sent would disturb the area to much but when there rutting and traveling doe sent...well I figured wrong. I only saw two legal bucks in MO this year. The other was young eight point that needed more time.

I'm very impressed with this deers antler height as well as mass. He's not that wide or blessed with many points but I like em'! I figure as long as I'm taking older deer I'm taking trophies. His brows are just at 8" long and both have a cute symmetrical curl to them, and his left side G2 just over 10" long. Inside width near 16". He dressed darn near 200-220 we figured. I like old mature deer like this over young could be's or will be's. I don't score my deer other than some basic length/width for reference purposes because numbers mean very little when the whole experience of hunting can't be figured into mere numbers. If I could this guy would be way up there on the charts. I choose a Euro mount for this guy and he'll look very good on my shops wall. Thank you God for everything, family for everything else, and MO deer hunters and MO DoC for seeing the potential of QDM.

R1-08203-005A-1-1-1.jpg

R1-08203-004A-1.jpg

Edited by GunTroll
Here is my MO 2010 buck. I'm calling this one a management buck that I'm very happy with. I didn't see many bucks this year. MO has some diseases going around killing off deer. We figured this deer to be a 4/5 year old. I'm no professional deer ager so I don't really know. Either way I'm happy that I was there in the right place at the right time. I only moved the ladder stand I shot him from that very same mid day that I shot him. I thought that all the commotion of hanging the stand and my sent would disturb the area to much but when there rutting and traveling doe sent...well I figured wrong. I only saw two legal bucks in MO this year. The other was young eight point that needed more time.

I'm very impressed with this deers antler height as well as mass. He's not that wide or blessed with many points but I like em'! I figure as long as I'm taking older deer I'm taking trophies. His brows are just at 8" long and both have a cute symmetrical curl to them, and his left side G2 just over 10" long. Inside width near 16". He dressed darn near 200-220 we figured. I like old mature deer like this over young could be's or will be's. I don't score my deer other than some basic length/width for reference purposes because numbers mean very little when the whole experience of hunting can't be figured into mere numbers. If I could this guy would be way up there on the charts. I choose a Euro mount for this guy and he'll look very good on my shops wall. Thank you God for everything, family for everything else, and MO deer hunters and MO DoC for seeing the potential of QDM.

R1-08203-005A-1-1-1.jpg

R1-08203-004A-1.jpg

That buck looks great! You, on the other hand, are NOT very photogenic... :confused:

Thanks guys. I was down in a valley, so the wind wasn't as bad, but it still was blowing, mixed with light snow/sleet at times. The fact that the wind kept changing directions made me really doubt I would see anything, but I guess when it is that mixed up - they can't count on smells either.

I had actually spooked another buck when I was walking in to the stand at about 1:30, he was calling on his way out letting the world know, so I was worried that would ruin it for me.... but I guess not.

Took this one about 3pm this afternoon...

155198_1694569294872_1557003540_31623147_3540383_n.jpg

155797_1694255287022_1557003540_31622537_8233863_n.jpg

Got a late start at this deer hunting thing - only my second year (I'm 34), and this is my 6th deer. By far - the largest I've taken.

Nice buck! I've been hunting them for a quarter of a century, and I've yet to take one that nice.

DRM, that old boy should score decent. Real good deer there.

I had no clue about the scoring thing - but the taxidermist *guessed* it was somewhere around 130ish. Again - no clue what that means, but I guess it's pretty good? I was just happy to shoot something besides does and spikes - lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GunTroll

164704_1678158387973_1057903026_31774192_7844913_n.jpg

Just got this photo of my last year '09 MO buck. Can't wait to see him on my wall! From the photo I think the taxidermist did a good job. The guy in the photo in my brother in law.

Guest clutepc

I thought it was odd she ended up this way. I guess from trying to get up.

I shot this doe on Sunday afternoon at 50 yards, she ran about 20-30 more.

First deer I ever had to track, I lost her in the smoke from the Muzzleloader.

That and maybe trying to recover my hearing because of the ringing..lol

I've never shot a deer with anything other than I bow so It was a big change in a few ways from how I normally hunt.

I was sitting at the base of tree when she walked out. I watched her for about 5 minutes before taking the shot.

The shot wasn't as high as it looks in this picture, I guess its because how she fell.

The 245gr powerbelt hollow point made a larger hole than I expected once it hit the ribs.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

S5000118.jpg

Got a big fat doe this morning!! Can't wait to get it in the freezer, this is the first deer I

have killed. I cant stop thinking about it I know it's just a doe but finally getting a shot on one just thrills me to death. Field dressing it didn't seem like a chore to me more like a honor to field dress my first deer. Anybody else like this with their first deer?

65796_174120215954279_100000689047268_423383_1400411_n.jpg