This is why soft holsters are bad

Has much less to do with the relative hardness of the holster as it does the worn slap out-ness of the holster and lazy/cheapness of it's owner for either not recognizing the problem, fixing it, or both. 

Right on the money here.  Appears to be a doctored pic (by a kydex mfgr perhaps)  for leather to be bent around the trigger like that.  Dont believe everything you see on the internet.

• Like 1

Ouch, that's got to smart a bit.  Seems like more of a PMCS issue than a soft holster issue though.  That indentation looks to be old, should of been replaced some time ago.  

I know PMS means Pack My Saddlebags, but what is PMCS? Sorry, but I don't get out much anymore.

Right on the money here. Appears to be a doctored pic (by a kydex mfgr perhaps) for leather to be bent around the trigger like that. Dont believe everything you see on the internet.

To me it looks like the guy was trying to re-holster the gun before exiting the vehicle. That's the only way I could explain that happening.

I know PMS means Pack My Saddlebags, but what is PMCS? Sorry, but I don't get out much anymore.

Yea sorry, after spending 21 years in the military its hard to give up the acronyms.   PMCS is preventive maintenance checks and services. He just plain did not maintain his equipment.

• Like 1

How worn out is that Galco to be as pliable as indicated in the photo?

Equipment and user fail.

Lotta folks use saddle soap, mink oil, whatever on leather to make it more soft and/or supple. Good idea maybe for jackets and furniture, not so much for holsters.

- OS

• Like 5

We always just called it PM in the army. Times change I reckon.

Not sure when that changed, but we (Army as well) always called it that.  

From the series of pictures it seems to be either a public safety ad or advertising for a "safer" holster.  The "wounded" guy sitting there for a pic and tragectory marker leads me to lean towards it being staged.

im guessing a BS photo, If you just shot your a*s are you gonna sit there and pose for a picture with a dowel thru the bullet hole in the seat?

It most likely happened and that is a recreation of the scene. More than likely he was in the drivers seat anyways but they staged it on the passengers side to be more visible and easier to photograph

That one's been around for quite some time; and while I'm not 100 % sure anymore it seems that I recall reading that one of the issues reveled was that the holster was not intended to carry a BLOCK and thus dangerously exposed too much trigger.... Thus it wasn't the fault of the gun or holster it was the fault between the earlobes that caused the dude to get shot in the azz.... 

• Like 2

That one's been around for quite some time; and while I'm not 100 % sure anymore it seems that I recall reading that one of the issues reveled was that the holster was not intended to carry a BLOCK and thus dangerously exposed too much trigger.... Thus it wasn't the fault of the gun or holster it was the fault between the earlobes that caused the dude to get shot in the azz.... 

Yep, that was around a few years back and if I remember correctly the guy was not injured but the round did go through the seat and floor of the vehicle and all he received was some powder burns.................. :up: :up: