Said I'd never own one, ever!

I'm betting most of you said to yourself "bet it's a hi point"

Well, you're right :lol:

I just walked into one of those deals where I said Ahhhh what the heck! Pics to come but I may get kicked off TGO for graphic material lmao

What was I thinking!?!? Oh well, garage backup gun, toolbox emergency gun, whatever, well see if it shoots everything like all the YouTube videos say it does.
People can laugh, but out of all my nice, expensive guns, my hipoint has the most sentimental value. It's the first Christmas present my now wife got me when we were dating. I take it on the boat, the 4 wheeler, things like that.
  • Like 1

People can laugh, but out of all my nice, expensive guns, my hipoint has the most sentimental value. It's the first Christmas present my now wife got me when we were dating. I take it on the boat, the 4 wheeler, things like that.

As heavy as it is, I'm guessing the recoil is barely noticeable, has to be. It'll serve some purpose I'm sure. That's cool you still have yours and it holds sentimental value even though it was inexpensive. You shot it much?
  • Administrator

As long as it goes bang!

Seriously though, the Hi-Point has always struck me as an automatic pistol built by someone who had never seen another automatic pistol before.  That's neither good nor bad.  Just really different and kinda clunky.   :)

• Like 3

As long as it goes bang!

Seriously though, the Hi-Point has always struck me as an automatic pistol built by someone who had never seen another automatic pistol before.  That's neither good nor bad.  Just really different and kinda clunky.   :)

Yeah, finesse is definitely not a word used in describing these. But I guess if nothing else, I feel good about the fact that they're made here in the good ol USA.
Very noticeable where they save money keeping the cost down, all the finishing touches to make them appeal to customers. But I knew what it was going in and it's not my only firearm, so like many hi point owners it won't be my EDC.

As heavy as it is, I'm guessing the recoil is barely noticeable, has to be. It'll serve some purpose I'm sure. That's cool you still have yours and it holds sentimental value even though it was inexpensive. You shot it much?

Mine is the 9mm. I've put around 600 rounds of so through it id say. Although in the last year I've probably only put 100 through it. I take it shooting every few times I go and run a couple magazines through it just to confirm function. If you can see it for what it is, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Now, the reason I don't enjoy putting a lot of rounds through it is because I have to modify my grip for it. I shoot with what I believe is referred to as a "thumbs forward" grip, and you can't really do that with these guns like others. I typically rest my left thumb on the frame forward of the trigger guard (right handed), you'll see if you do that with these pistols you'll be resting your thumb on the slide. Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
I was shooting my 995 carbine today, flawless as usual.

Only tip would be checking the mags. The guys over on the HP forum recommend loading 8 rounds and letting them sit for 2 weeks. The other is the mag lips occasionally need to be tweaked. Should be pretty easy to find the spec with just a Google search.

Welcome to the big bang for your buck club!

That magazine base plate is sweet!  I love how they camouflage it to make it look like a battery pack. 

In all seriousness, I would buy one if presented with the right deal on one.  Let us know how she (?) runs. 

• Like 1

I was shooting my 995 carbine today, flawless as usual.

Only tip would be checking the mags. The guys over on the HP forum recommend loading 8 rounds and letting them sit for 2 weeks. The other is the mag lips occasionally need to be tweaked. Should be pretty easy to find the spec with just a Google search.

Welcome to the big bang for your buck club!

I only got one mag with it so I'm sure it's been worked in a little so should be fine I would think. But I'll look into the tweaking via search, thanks for the info.

That magazine base plate is sweet!  I love how they camouflage it to make it look like a battery pack. 

In all seriousness, I would buy one if presented with the right deal on one.  Let us know how she (?) runs. 

I figure if I'm ever on a hill and my truck won't stay, I'll throw that mag under the wheel lol

I will say this....It's God aweul ugly. No offense. laugh.gif

You are so right!

14d2a00152b9386e9c76be3b942f8383.jpg

I was gonna post this picture in the OP and forgot HA HA!

Still prettier than a Glock. :stir:

LMAO Not in a million years! And as a Glock owner I will say Glocks aren't pretty but these tanks here are crossed between a hat full of buttholes and raccoon embryo!

• Like 2

Mine is the 9mm. I've put around 600 rounds of so through it id say. Although in the last year I've probably only put 100 through it. I take it shooting every few times I go and run a couple magazines through it just to confirm function. If you can see it for what it is, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Now, the reason I don't enjoy putting a lot of rounds through it is because I have to modify my grip for it. I shoot with what I believe is referred to as a "thumbs forward" grip, and you can't really do that with these guns like others. I typically rest my left thumb on the frame forward of the trigger guard (right handed), you'll see if you do that with these pistols you'll be resting your thumb on the slide.

Good deal. 

I haven't really messed with it much since I got home, but I'll see how it fits my hands to see if I have the same problem.  I meant to take it out to the garage and clean it but since I got back, just haven't had the time so it's sitting in the safe....being hideous :lol:

20150307_125726_zpsmvjmlcwj.jpg

20150307_125706_zpse3f6w56z.jpg

It's dirty, doubt the guy even figured out how to clean it. Or he just didn't clean guns period. It's getting a bath!!

20150307_125655_zpskqqpncig.jpg

20150307_125638_zpsdkqoibn3.jpg

20150307_125601_zpsmx6futgu.jpg

God bless these things are hideous! 

That's a pretty one  :rofl:  Just don't drop it on your toe.

• Like 1