Nevada Couple Denied Right To Foster A Child Because They Have Gun Permits

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/07/heartbroken-nevada-couple-denied-foster-children-because-legal-gun-permits

A spokesperson for the department said the reason the Wilsons were denied was a concern about the ability of a foster child to gain access to a loaded weapon.

Tucker Carlson reacted this morning on "Fox and Friends Weekend."

"They're ideologues and they hate guns," he said. "The sad part is all the kids who are languishing in the foster care system, going from home to home. And all the creepy, unfit people who do get to adopt. And they're penalizing these people? It's pretty unbelievable."

I have adopted three out of foster care and DCS is well aware of the permits my Wife and I have. They also took no exception to the rifles hanging on the wall or the fact that I have class 3 toys. Half of the people in our foster classes did get rejected. I agreed with DCS on the rejections. Some people are there for the wrong reasons.
  • Authorized Vendor

There is a state law on the books in Nevada that forbids it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/06/couple-denied-foster-kids-because-they-carry-guns-for-self-defense/

Brian and Valerie Wilson of Nevada want to take in foster kids and start a family but are being prohibited from doing so because they carry guns for self-defense.

On March 5, they testified in front of the Assembly Judiciary Committee in favor of a bill that would change state law and allow them to foster—and eventually adopt—but they face strong opposition from the state Division of Child and Family Services deputy administrator Jill Marano.

According to Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Wilsons testified in favor of Assembly Bill 167, which “would allow Nevadans with concealed carry permits, and law enforcement officers, to carry loaded guns on their person in a home or car and still be eligible to be foster parents.”

Read more.

They aren’t being turned down because they have carry permits, or even guns. The way I read it they are being turned down because the weapons are not secure. The only way they could know that is interviews or home visits. I can’t get too upset with child and family services; they are doing their job. The same people that whine about this would hang them out to dry if something happened.