Anybody have any experience with a Yankee Hill Phantom LT 7.62?

I have an old ss phantom. I love it. But if I was buying right now, I'd get a specwar.

Quiet Riot has the Specwar 762 for 679.99 and you get a free Warlock II.

SilencerShop has the Specwar for 720 and you get a Spectre II for 99.

Great deals in my opinion.

I hadn't run across Quiet Riot before. Where did you see that they would give you a free warlock2 ?

Not affiliated at all but a heck of deal...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=171898

Someone had Specwars and Spectre II combos but I think they're out.

That was an awesome deal but they're already sold out. I've decided to go ahead and set up a bank account within my trust so I'll have to knock that out in the morning. I'd have gone ahead and run a credit card tonight if this deal had still been available though. I might give them a call before buying and see what they have.

Not affiliated at all but a heck of deal...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=171898

Someone had Specwars and Spectre II combos but I think they're out.

Silencer Shop has a direct transfer(or something like that) setup with a local shop so I thought I'd give them a call since my local shop suggested that it would be cheaper. The guy I talked to told me that id have to buy a $75 "out of state tax stamp" is that a legitimate thing? I was told by the shop that they are set up with that they had no clue what I was being sold.
BS. They may be charging you $75 to transfer it. I charge $35. Silencershop you do save shipping and sales tax more importantly but it can take them a bit to get to your dealer. But I have stuff dropping weekly from them. I push my customers to the best price even if I can get the same thing. On a cheaper can I can normally beat their price even charging sales tax. But Like on a saker I'm about $60 more because of TN tax but I can normally get stuff here faster from my distributors by 3-4 weeks.

They ship to me and I've never had to pass any charge along to my customers except my transfer fee. .just enough to cover insurance and the licenses I pay. Direct that fee is calculated in my price.

Price to YOUR dealer should be their advertised priced period. Then the dealer will charge a transfer/registration fee. Re-read and it sounded like silencershop was telling you it's $75 more. They may have simply been assuming what your LGS's fee is.

My dealer (a friend) told me that the deal they had worked out through Silencer Shop meant that I pay their advertised price plus my $205 to the ATF and that I would pay my local gun shop nothing for the transfer as part of the deal they have worked out between themselves. I think he said that they had sold over 100 suppressors through Silenc Shop since January and that this is how it has worked out. The guy at Silencer Shop Definitely said "out of state tax stamp", I thought I had misunderstood him and had him repeat himself, twice. They have started sending my LGS a check every so often for them transferring and he did tell me that the check had been being double the per transfer rate they had agreed upon and they let Silencer Shop know this but they have continued to pay that rate. He told me that they had been taking the transfer money out of the purchase price but it would appear that they are now recouping it through this $75 tax. I will dig into it more but I wanted to make sure that my suspicion that is was bs was correct before I started questioning anyone. I really don't like playing games and would rather pay a little more somewhere else to avoid playing them. I will try to figure this out because I'd like to think that they wouldn't misrepresent something like this.

The 75 is the silencershop direct fee. Basically you pay them to do all of your paperwork.

Unless I misunderstood, my LGS would be the one to fill out the paperwork for me and that the only paperwork that Silencer Shop would be responsible for is the transfer to my LGS. I could very well be mistaken and you guys are much more knowledgeable than I am on the matter so I'll dig a bit more until I figure everything out 100% the guy I spoke with was very nice but as soon as he said "out of state tax stamp" I sort of started backing off a little to scratch my head a bit. I don't understand why they wouldn't just call it what it is instead of making up a tax that doesn't exist though.
So what will you be paying total?

If advertised fee only then it sounds like their passing an incentive to your guy to use them. That's great just means they're eating your dealer's fee. They get less for the can but if your dealer pushes them heavy that very well may be and good for everyone.

But if you're paying silencershop $75 on top of their advertised price your simply paying the transfer fee yourself really.

So what will you be paying total?

If advertised fee only then it sounds like their passing an incentive to your guy to use them. That's great just means they're eating your dealer's fee. They get less for the can but if your dealer pushes them heavy that very well may be and good for everyone.

But if you're paying silencershop $75 on top of their advertised price your simply paying the transfer fee yourself really.

I know for 100% sure that my total bill with Silencer Shop would be the advertised price+ $205 NFA tax + $75 what he called out of state tax. I'm not 100% sure if I'd end up owing my LGS anything additional but I don't think so. I'll get back by there in the next couple of days and I'll find out for sure.
Bottom line for me is, if you're charging me a transfer fee, call it a transfer fee instead of making up something that you don't think I'll question (if that's really what's happening) I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until I know for sure though.

The way it was explained to me(I just purchased a saker 7.62 from them last week) is they have 2 options. 1. You can pay them the $200 tax stamp money plus a $75 fee and they do all the paper work, send everything in, and then transfer to LGS(On Target was the closest for me). I was told I would be responsible for nothing else except the $10 tic fee. 2. You can just purchase from them and have your LGS do all the paperwork.

I was told that with the first option they could go ahead and send my form 4 in while they were waiting on their form 3 to clear, therefore speeding the process up.

The way it was explained to me(I just purchased a saker 7.62 from them last week) is they have 2 options. 1. You can pay them the $200 tax stamp money plus a $75 fee and they do all the paper work, send everything in, and then transfer to LGS(On Target was the closest for me). I was told I would be responsible for nothing else except the $10 tic fee. 2. You can just purchase from them and have your LGS do all the paperwork.

I was told that with the first option they could go ahead and send my form 4 in while they were waiting on their form 3 to clear, therefore speeding the process up.

Thats it.  Option 1 is SilencerShop Direct.  

All of the info is here.  

http://www.silencershop.com/silencer-shop-direct/

Which is what Capbyrd mentioned above. I wished he'd told me that instead of just telling me that I would have to buy an out of state tax stamp. I wouldn't have questioned that one bit.

Was not aware ATF would approve a Form 4 from state 1 to state 2 .. I knew you could direct transfer to a FFL holder on a tax paid Form 4 ..

Sounds like they're treating it like a regular title 1 transfer ... all your dealer does is receive, log and 4473 to you locally ... I haven't seen any correspondence from ATF saying we could have NFA onsite without a Form 3 or in for repair (technically asked to be on Form 5) .. I'd be a little edgy having it in my safe and getting inspected and telling them I had your NFA waiting on you to simply pick up but if they do it I'm sure they have some approval to do so .. they're not shady by any means - got too much to lose.

If they're still doing a Form 3, then Form 4 just seems like hassle on their part to get the dealer's signature.. lot of form shuffling ... don't know they definitely sell more cans than anyone on the planet so they may have a Captain Crunch decoder ring ATF gave them... just another example of telling us one thing and doing something else at their discretion. 

If it's straight to Form 4 to you I say hell yeah the $75 extra is worth the 2-3 months wait you'll have waiting on Form 3 to clear and then Form 4 start.  You'd only be saving maybe $50 total even if someone gave you a great transfer fee like me ;o)

My understanding is that they still do a 3 then 4 transfer.  But instead of doing the Form 3 and then forgetting about it, they help you complete the form 4 from your dealer to you.  The idea is that you provide the info for the form, they fill it out and then they have removed all of the "hassle" associated with a silencer purchase.  Its their way to get more people started in NFA items, silencers specifically.  

Things my dealer said are making a bit more sense as you guys talk. It sounded to me like they do it in such a way so as the form 3 and form 4 are submitted at the same time so that you don't have to wait for one and then the other. Mike, no matter how their arrangement is structured, if buying it through them and paying the "tax" will save me the amount of time you mentioned, it's definitely worth paying the tax.

Was not aware ATF would approve a Form 4 from state 1 to state 2 .. I knew you could direct transfer to a FFL holder on a tax paid Form 4 ..

Sounds like they're treating it like a regular title 1 transfer ... all your dealer does is receive, log and 4473 to you locally ... I haven't seen any correspondence from ATF saying we could have NFA onsite without a Form 3 or in for repair (technically asked to be on Form 5) .. I'd be a little edgy having it in my safe and getting inspected and telling them I had your NFA waiting on you to simply pick up but if they do it I'm sure they have some approval to do so .. they're not shady by any means - got too much to lose.

If they're still doing a Form 3, then Form 4 just seems like hassle on their part to get the dealer's signature.. lot of form shuffling ... don't know they definitely sell more cans than anyone on the planet so they may have a Captain Crunch decoder ring ATF gave them... just another example of telling us one thing and doing something else at their discretion.

If it's straight to Form 4 to you I say hell yeah the $75 extra is worth the 2-3 months wait you'll have waiting on Form 3 to clear and then Form 4 start. You'd only be saving maybe $50 total even if someone gave you a great transfer fee like me ;o)

"Captain Crunch decoder ring" lol!
Mike, if I order from out of state (other than Silencer Shop) and have it transferred to a local shop, how much time would you estimate that it would add to my wait time compared to buying one from a TN dealer? Basically, Silencer Shop has the Specwar for $720 + $75 and I've found a few out of state shops that have them for around $600 + transfer fee. If I were ordering car parts there'd be no question but since Silencer Shop has the direct deal with my LGS and the cheaper options do not I'm trying to weigh the cost difference against the difference in wait time.

Form 3 have been running anywhere from one to three months and usually closer to three.

But if silencershop is filing the form 4 at the same time, it really doesn't add anything to the wait since the 4 takes longer.

So if I ordered from out of state (from someone other than silencer shop) I'm looking at my form 4 wait time + an additional 1-3 months on the form 3. I could save some money ordering it from a couple other places but I don't think its enough to justify the potential 3 additional months of waiting. If I knew it would only be one month I'd have to really think about it but in this case I think I might have more money than patience. Thanks for the help Capbyrd!
Well Silencer Shop cleared up the "direct" thing for me, after I made my purchase. As it turns out, I would have been better off going to the cheapest price because I won't save more than a few days to a weeks worth of wait time. They submit the form 3 and as soon as it comes back they submit my form 4 and then mail the suppressor to On-Target. The only time I actually save is the amount of time it takes the suppressor to ship from them to On-Target. He said I also gained them filling out my Form 4 for me but On-Target always does this anyways. Oh well, they were easy to deal with and things went smoothly so I'm not to worried about it. He said about 5 weeks on the form 3 and another 3-4 months on the form 4 so I might have it show up for a birthday present.