HB 0995/SB 1171 Parks

We all realize that the end of the session is a totally self-imposed, arbitrary deadline - right?  The GA decides for themselves how long they will "work", and how big a hurry they will be in to get home for another 8 months or so...and couches that behind the "but we are saving taxpayers money" facade...

Yep. They're run into July sometimes.

In fairness though, the session is officially limited to 105 days max, and they don't receive any daily expense money for days beyond that.

- OS

Yep. They're run into July sometimes.

In fairness though, the session is officially limited to 105 days max, and they don't receive any daily expense money for days beyond that.

- OS

My heart breaks for them...

To add salt to the wound - Ramsey allowed the vote to non-concur with the House action to be a voice vote, so there is actually no record of who voted yes or no...then laughed about it immediately afterwards.

And you all are shocked that this happened?  It happens every year just about.  The leadership in both chambers are not friends of ours and neither is Haslem. He is a protege of that buffoon Bloomberg.  They just want our votes, like the Democrats want the LGBT and African American vote.  We keep getting screwed  by them.  I guess we must enjoy it, since we keep bending over for it.

We need to remember this next election and not just vote to send the Republican Leadership a message.  We should instead, vote the Republican Leadership out in the primary or falling that stay home and let the other guys win for a cycle.  Then explain to the Republican Party why they lost and demand more than lip service from that point on!  They have zero respect for us.  We are just a election year booty call for them.

Edited by Moped

Most politicians just care about being re elected and having enough money in campaign contributions to get elected.  Somehow someone/organization out there has more influence with these legislators than the various gun rights organizations.  The gun organizations have to step up and figure out how those other groups have more influence and beat them at their game.  If you don't, then we'll have what has happened to Washington and Colorado on top of the silly restrictions on our handgun carry permits.  The Seattle elite crowd outspent the NRA crowd in Washington.  Don't think that it can't happen in Tennessee, especially with all the transplants in the Nashville area. 

Will be headed back to the floor for a vote in Senate and House with the Conference Committee report, Senate amendment stripped and some changes that sounded good about taking out the "used"by schools mess.

Actually two "no's" Yarbro and Love, both Democrats.

• Like 3

Will be headed back to the floor for a vote in Senate and House with the Conference Committee report, Senate amendment stripped and some changes that sounded good about taking out the "used"by schools mess.

Will the conference committee report be posted with the bill history online????

Thanks worried man, I came into the live video as they were voting and guess I caught the second no, and the rest of the aye's. Either way it sounded pretty good judging by the look on Beth's face. :)

• Like 1
Guest realmarauder

i hope this is good for us, this has to pass, i'm so sick and tired of having to drive for 45 minutes to take my son to a free park so he can play when his favorite one is 2 minutes down the road.

Guest realmarauder

any idea when the votes will be scheduled? i guess it's probably too early to make a prediction, i'm just worried with there being so little time left in the session.

Watching archive now.  Steven's opening remarks seem to address the major concerns - removes opt-out, eliminates the "use" trap by limiting the prohibition to "being used (implying current use), creates a defense to unknowingly being in the immediate vicinity of a school event by creating another couple of exceptions, retains the grandfather clause about signs to keep the fiscal note from reappearing.

It looks like that whole toy gun deal got dropped.  That is good.  I would hate for that to be used by some of the bed wetters to hassle little kids playing with toy guns because they were playing close to a school.  There should not have been any sort of law just to target that guy in Nashville.  There are enough laws already that can be used to deal with people that cause problems.

I found it interesting that Rep. Goins had the tiller for the House side instead of Harrison (sponsor), who if I remember correctly did not speak a word, (other than "Aye")?

By the way, I like that young man (Goins) he has the Right Stuff.  Van Huss, the Hill brothers, I see some new blood headed the correct way!

Edited by Worriedman