Storage?

Guest Astra900

Guest Astra900

Okay, after the chunk of $$$ I spent at Academy, I got to looking at my inventory and all I can say is :rofl:

There is entirely tooooo much in one place. I put EVERYTHING into 40mm cans or .50cal cans. You know as well as I do, I am breaking NO laws but the douche bags at various law enforcement agencies like to write their own laws. I need to start a few discreet storage locations for the stuff I KNOW I won't be using anytime soon. I have a few ideas, but....

Where/how do you guys stash the cach'e ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

What about a storage unit? I kept my guns in one at one point in time. As long as I stayed on top of the desiccant I never hand any problems with rust or corrosion.

Guest Astra900
Got a yard? Bury it.

Moisture, condensation? I know these military boxes are airtight but I have a considerable investment I'm talking about here.

I have thought about building a block wall in the back of the tool shed. It's open to the outside right now. If I build a double wall, I can store in between.

Guest Astra900
There are ways to bury it without moisture effecting it.

Well, that's the sort of info I started the post for.

Not trying to be a smart a22, mind you.

I think the storage space behind the block wall is a pretty good idea myself.

First off, it would be less conducive to moisture. Second, depending on how you build it, it could be accessed easier than if buried. Third, I dont know what your living situation is like, but people would be less likely to see you extracting it from your hidden space in your garage than digging it up out in the open.

Guest Astra900
I think the storage space behind the block wall is a pretty good idea myself.

First off, it would be less conducive to moisture. Second, depending on how you build it, it could be accessed easier than if buried. Third, I dont know what your living situation is like, but people would be less likely to see you extracting it from your hidden space in your garage than digging it up out in the open.

Yup, that was my thinking.

Big problem; You can write everything I know about laying block on a BB with a wide tip marker. I know I would like to epoxy paint the inside. but pouring the footer, laying the block square and parallel....Never done it before.

Haha, I work with the stuff for a living. I dont lay it, but I manage projects and do some design work. I could help you with that part if you gave me some dimensions, and I'm pretty sure there are a few masons on the board somewhere.

Guest Astra900
I'm pretty sure there are a few masons on the board somewhere.

Hey, I don't want the Illuminati or Templar Knights anywhere near my stuff:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guest Astra900
Astra are you gonna me a false wall that you can knock down for teotwawki or are you just talking about for general storage?

Both. AND, I am planning on making a semi-secret access to it, I don't like the idea of the SHTF and me outside w/ a sledge hammer.

Guest Astra900

Hey I was only doing what I do best...a smart a22. No offense! I wish I had cool secret society to belong to. I got kicked out of the "he-man woman haters club" :rofl:

Guest Astra900
Put the ammo boxes inside moving boxes marked "books" and tape'em up real good. They'll have the heft of a box of books and will most likely keep everybody out of'em.

Good idea but eventually they are gonna figure I don't have that many books.

Put the ammo boxes inside moving boxes marked "books" and tape'em up real good. They'll have the heft of a box of books and will most likely keep everybody out of'em.

This only works until the jack booted thugs show up to snatch books to burn...

:rofl:

Guest eyebedam

Get a large diameter PVC pipe & a cap for each end. Fill it to the brim with ammo & bury it or do whatever you like. It will be moisture resistant.