What's in your head

Sweet! That came out the year I graduated high school. I haven't heard that song in years. Brings back a lot of memories of my teen years & good times with friends. One of my favorite soundtracks on my computer is from "Empire Records". "The Cranberries", "Toad the Wet Sprocket", "No Doubt", & "Better Than Ezra" were topping the Billboards back then.

• Like 1

I was living in San Diego and was dating a girl in Norco. She was always bagging on me for this CD. I would also have Social D, Sprung Monkey and Unwritten Law handy as well. Norco was cow town area and I guess she wanted country. I couldn't play along with that. LOL

Edited by buck1032
  • Administrator

At first I thought the thread title was a fun play on the premise of this new (incredibly dumb looking) show from the CW...

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/izombie/

Basically the idea is that one of the characters, a somewhat cute girl, is a zombie and that when she eats brains she sees the memories of the person who's brain it was and uses that power to solve crimes.

I kid you not.

:bored:

• Like 1

Seems sort of familiar to me

At first I thought the thread title was a fun play on the premise of this new (incredibly dumb looking) show from the CW...

Basically the idea is that one of the characters, a somewhat cute girl, is a zombie and that when she eats brains she sees the memories of the person who's brain it was and uses that power to solve crimes.

I kid you not.

I've been seeing a few promos on this show. It seems sort of familiar to me, as if the premise has been done before.

Anyway, it might just be interesting in a dead-detective sort of way. lol

The CW people have taken quite a few risks with shows that other networks have turned down, so it could pan out for them.

I've been seeing a few promos on this show. It seems sort of familiar to me, as if the premise has been done before.

R, the protagonist in Warm Bodies?  (he feels somewhat alive when he eats a brain, as he perceives memories of the victim).

- OS

I was living in San Diego and was dating a girl in Norco. She was always bagging on me for this CD. I would also have Social D, Sprung Monkey and Unwritten Law handy as well. Norco was cow town area and I guess she wanted country. I couldn't play along with that. LOL

I think it is an Unwritten law to not give a Social D to a Sprung Monkey but San Diego is a different country.

Edited by bigun
  • Like 1

R, the protagonist in Warm Bodies?  (he feels somewhat alive when he eats a brain, as he perceives memories of the victim).

- OS

Possibly. but....see next response.

iZombie was a comic book series, so if you follow that sort of thing that may be where you heard of it previously.

I think that's it. As an old comic...make that ex comic nut, that I believe is it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I kid you not.

:squint:  Seriously?

edit: Okay, just read the rest of the thread. Was a comic, NOW that makes sense. Still though, probably should have just stuck with a comic... That sounds HORRIBLY cheesy.

Edited by whitewolf001

edit: Okay, just read the rest of the thread. Was a comic, NOW that makes sense. Still though, probably should have just stuck with a comic... That sounds HORRIBLY cheesy.

High drama it ain't.

Passably good show...maybe.
That CD rides in my truck and gets listened to a lot along with JC, Wagner, MOazart , John Winter, Redbone, Jethro Tull , CDB, . The list goes on. I can't remember all the music I have loved in my life. I even can stand some RAP.

Being born in the south does not mean all you like is country.

Anyway, it might just be interesting in a dead-detective sort of way. lol

The CW people have taken quite a few risks with shows that other networks have turned down, so it could pan out for them.

Possibly so originally corny it seems cliche.

I would definitely put this in the 100 best songs of all time.

The Cranberries are an Irish band and this song calls the IRA out on their behavior.  The IRA stopped their terrorist activity within a month or two of this songs release, causing many to feel that it had a big part in stopping terrorist activity.

I have been watching it and think it is a pretty good show.  Not high drama or anything but still fun to watch.

Oh, and I loved that song and the Cranberries back in the day.  Still like to hear them, sometimes.

Edited by JAB

I'd rather slam my penis in the door of '76 Monte Carlo than listen to that woman sing.

The way she breaks her voice makes me want to get violent.  

If I die and go to hell, it'll be on the juke box along with Alanis Morrisette.

• 1 year later...