Glock 34

Steelharp

How many other guns do you have that have no logical purpose? I know I have a few.

Actually, it's about the length of a 1911 right? That's not too bad. Do you hunt? Hike? That extra barrel length will make some +p 147 gr 9mms really scream. Vihtavouri publishes a 9mm load that rivals .357 Mag. A 17 round .357 Mag for woods walking.

Sounds like enough reason to me.
  • Like 1

I'm on my second one.

Sold my Gen 3 to get the Gen 4 MOS setup.

The Gen 4 has somewhat smaller grips and I can really hold it much better.

The balance may not be perfect with an empty mag, but load this baby and she feels awesome. I've put several hundred rounds thru it so far without a hitch.

I've mixed weights, brands, factory and reloads. Not one problem.  Well there is one, I'm going to need more G17 mags for it. They seem to empty really fast. 

I had a rifle red dot on it for a short time to try the MOS possibilities. Got stupid lucky on. The optic and POI on the pistol matched perfectly.

I shot at 40-50 feet, far less than this gun is capable of, and it was dead on. Put that dot on something, pull the 4.5 lb trigger and nail it.

The stock trigger actually feels rather good to me, but I'll probably Ghost it later, after I get an optic for it.

Do I like?????    YES!! 

Actually so much I'm probably going to sell the M&P V-Tac and the G17L.

It's longer??

I just looked it up... 7.55 between sights to 8.04. Dang...

Michael, I just checked the Glock sight for measurements on the barrels.

The G17L and the G24 barrels are 6.02 inches in length. The G34 barrel is 5.31 in length.

I'd almost forgotten about the G24, it's about the only .40 I've kept.  With that 6.02 barrel, you can really "reach out and touch someone."  And I've the .357 Sig barrel for it as well. Talk about a cannon with that, it's got quite a muzzle blast to it.

But overall, at least for the moment, I'd give the G34 MOS my stamp of approval. FWIW.

KY State Police I'm pretty sure still carry the 35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do and have recently transitioned to the gen 4. There are some other departments in KY using the G35 also. I used to work around a lot of Alabama State Troopers that had Glock 35s also, but most had G22s. I have seen a few Bradley County Sheriffs Deputies with Glock 35s. I did know of one deput in Rhea County with a Glock 35.

I am sure there are some with Glock 34s, but I don't know of any.

I've had several G34s and 17Ls. I don't feel the worse for letting them go except for  the very heavy 34 I put together with a CCF stainless frame.  I would like to shoot that one again, just a mag or two, but it it is long gone out of the state. "Giant" handguns are fun to shoot but not very practical.  Great range toys though.  My list of favorite "giant" 9mms I have owned or shot in order of preference:

1.  Sig  X-Five Tactical*

2.  TGOr Plinker4life's custom single action CZ75 (haven't shot it but lust over that Cajun Gunworks trigger)  Wish I had kept my CZ 85 Combat and had the Cajun Gunworks trigger installed.

3.  Dan Wesson Pointman 9*

4.  RIA Tactical 9mm*

5.  Glock 17L with Fulcrum trigger *

6.  Glock 34 with Fulcrum trigger*

7.  Beretta 92 with match hammer spring*

*owned

Edited by graycrait

I've had several G34s and 17Ls. I don't feel the worse for letting them go except for  the very heavy 34 I put together with a CCF stainless frame.  I would like to shoot that one again, just a mag or two, but it it is long gone out of the state. "Giant" handguns are fun to shoot but not very practical.  Great range toys though.  My list of favorite "giant" 9mms I have owned or shot in order of preference:

1.  Sig  X-Five Tactical*

2.  TGOr Plinker4life's custom single action CZ75 (haven't shot it but lust over that Cajun Gunworks trigger)  Wish I had kept my CZ 85 Combat and had the Cajun Gunworks trigger installed.

3.  Dan Wesson Pointman 9*

4.  RIA Tactical 9mm*

5.  Glock 17L with Fulcrum trigger *

6.  Glock 34 with Fulcrum trigger*

7.  Beretta 92 with match hammer spring*

*owned

While looking up the Fulcrum trigger, I noticed the Zev Technologies triggers. Better, worse, same, or not so cheap knockoff?

Another Glock that's found a "forever home" (haha) is my G27. It's my favorite carry item now. I really like the 40S&W round!! I just wish I could find the perfect OWB holster for it that won't break the bank.

I haven't shot a G34 but it's one of the pistols I considering now.

I can't recommend an OWB holster for the G27 but it's a great pistol for IWB.

Edited by tnhawk

Another Glock that's found a "forever home" (haha) is my G27. It's my favorite carry item now. I really like the 40S&W round!! I just wish I could find the perfect OWB holster for it that won't break the bank.

Blade-Tech? About $30 or so...

• Like 2