1. 1. Do you belong the the NRA?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cptron5962

I renewed for the 5 year plan, and signed my girlfriend and daughter up as well, bet daughter will be surprised to receive a NRA magazine in her mail box at college, lol. I berought her up to shoot, but she left it to the side when she got to be a teenager, hate that happened but did best I could

• 2 months later...

I let my yearly membership expire 12/31/08 and now 24 days later I finally got around to doing something about it.

I decided to go ahead and sign up for the Easy Pay Life plan. So in around 120 months I will be a full fledged life long member:)

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist. When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

Guest Todd@CIS
I re-joined last year. They aren't perfect but I think they are the single, most influential, pro-gun lobby out there.

+1

I can't help but think that the people who don't join the NRA because of their imperfections are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

To the people who just answered "no," what are you doing to help the cause?

Guest Astra900
+1

I can't help but think that the people who don't join the NRA because of their imperfections are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

+1 I don't agree with a lot of the things the NRA does, but who else do you have with enough power and influence to fight? No one will ever have the brass to make a physical stand for anything anymore. We may as well support somebody who is trying to make a stand on paper.

+1 I don't agree with a lot of the things the NRA does, but who else do you have with enough power and influence to fight? No one will ever have the brass to make a physical stand for anything anymore. We may as well support somebody who is trying to make a stand on paper.

Yep. At least they keep us informed on what's going in the trade magazine (American Rifleman, America's First Freedon, etc...) and give us a report card of the candidates at election time.

Could've easily done nothing (income being a fraction of what it once was), but instead I sent dues-money to the TN Firearms Association and am looking around at other alternatives as well.

Guest Todd@CIS
Could've easily done nothing (income being a fraction of what it once was), but instead I sent dues-money to the TN Firearms Association and am looking around at other alternatives as well.

Fair enough.

What aggravates me is when folks say they're not a member of the NRA because of this or that beef, but then sit on their thumbs and do absolutely nothing as their alternative.

BTW, I do hope your financial situation improves.

Guest 7987Steve

I can't imagine NOT being a member. Small price to pay for the benefits and the voice! NO beef with the NRA can be bigger than what they do for me in a place and with people that I could never make contact with. Think about it. Compare the time, hassle, and expense of driving to Washington with that one time a year $25-35 dollars. It's a no-brainer!