G43. 9mm. Single Stack

KahrMan

Actually, I am going to say they are only three years late. Three years ago the Shield debuted, and ultimately paved the way for the XDS and the Sig 938. The original LC9, PF9, and Kahrs were just a little different and not quite shootable, combat worthy guns. Figure that at least half of the Shields, XDS, and 938's would not have sold if the G43 had been available. That has got to be several hundred thousand guns.

If the g43 had been available it might be in my holster instead of the XDs9 and P938 pistols I now have.  I don't see that I have a need for another small 9mm pistol.  I've become attached to those I have and am comfortable with.

Edited by tnhawk

I figure to mosey down to a blue label dealer in 6-12 months to see how they are priced.  After handling a 42 in the store I'm kind of intrigued to shoot a 9mm Glock that is about that sized.  One thing I find interesting is that in the videos I see the shooters were all doing a standard stance with a two hand grip while shooting that "tiny" 9mm.  I would like to shoot the 43 one handed both left and right hand to see how controllable the gun is for followup shots.  

I think 6 makes for good size grip . To me 7 rounds makes it too big for a pocket . It is easy to get 7 if wanted by adding a different magazine or an extension . To go shorter is not so easy . I have a Taurus 709 slim that holds 7 and I wish it was 6 . The grip is just too long for my pockets. 

I do think it would have been nice if it came with 2 different magazines like the model 30 did when I bought mine. It came with a flush 9 round and the 10 round that extended the grip. It would have been just as easy for the 43 to have a flush 6 round and an extended 7 round. At any rate extensions will be available in no time.

Edited by Keyless
I'm one of the few in here that kind of like the 42. I guess I've never liked tiny pocket guns though. I do like highly concealable belt guns which is how I see them. I might pick up a blue label down the road. I generally carry bigger guns even though I'm small framed I don't have much of a problem with a Raven Concealment and Ares belt. Currently either a G19 or 4" SA LW Operator. The 43 would be nice on the belt when I'm wearing tighter shirts where thin is priority I guess.

why doesn't a legitimate pistolero do a review shooting this thing with one hand fast close in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1559&v=4RkVGYZexLY

Can we replace Eric with Chad? Eric's voice and style just doesn't do it for me.

Picked up the cheap 9mm&.40 Perfecta ammo From WM after reading the thread on here how good it is. Now have plenty when I pick up my G-43 in a couple

weeks and put .40 away until the G-44 comes out next year.

• Like 1

Picked up the cheap 9mm&.40 Perfecta ammo From WM after reading the thread on here how good it is. Now have plenty when I pick up my G-43 in a couple
weeks and put .40 away until the G-44 comes out next year.

I reserved a 43 last Tuesday. I'm looking forward to shooting it. I won't sale my Shield and the 43 will serve the same purpose as 42 and Shield. They are generally in my pocket around the house and in the yard. My 19 or one of my 30s will always remain my main carry options.

If i do not like it I will dump it quick.I have the 42 and think it is the best carry gun ever made,at least for me .Same cartridge,just a little less power. I had it at Owl

Hollow and the owner (Charlie) wanted to try it . I put up a target for him at fifteen yards and he shot six rounds at it and I did not want to tell him he missed the

whole target,until we walked up to grab it and he had put all six through the the small black center about the size of a dime. The gun will shoot through the same

hole,only wish I could.

So, I'll repeat from the other previous thread:

Glock43-KahrPM9.jpg

So I'll keep the same capacity but significantly smaller Moonie in my pocket.

- OS

But it's not a Glock.  :cool:

If they sold 200,000 G42's in the first year they will easily sell 3x that many G43's. People will buy it just because they want to stick with the Glock platform.

I agree with you on the Kahr though. 

Not a Glock is right. There must be a reason the 35,000 member NYPD banned Kahr as an off duty gun for officer use.  I want something that is going to work

and not break parts/malfunction when you need it.

Not a Glock is right. There must be a reason the 35,000 member NYPD banned Kahr as an off duty gun for officer use. I want something that is going to work
and not break parts/malfunction when you need it.

Just because NYPD won't let officers carry Kahr off-duty does not mean it is an unreliable gun. Metro Nashville PD has the same restrictions for several manufacturers including H&K and FN.