G43. 9mm. Single Stack

KahrMan

From a Gunsamerica article:

This is not a conjecture or speculation article, the G43 is here and I have shot it at Glock. After pushing around 150 rounds through the G43 9mm I am in love with yet another ugly Glock. There is more, this G43 single stack 9mm is exactly what “we” the public asked for, begged for, and whined about when the G42 .380 ACP was introduced last year. Everyone said that they would buy a single stack Glock 9mm if it was about the same size at the G42, well prepare to pull out your cash and to fall in love with yet another boringly reliable Glock.
The 43 is the latest, and most anticipated gun in a long line of low-capacity 9mms.
With the introduction of the G43, two wondrous things happened concerning Glock. This is one of the first pistols developed almost exclusively to satisfy US market demands/screams of passion. The G43 introduction also coincides with Glock US giving writers a peek behind its factory doors for the first time ever… and I was invited.

The first week of March, I found myself in the midst of ten other writers invited to this exclusive Glock G43 unveiling plus a behind the scenes factory tour, which I must admit was more exciting to me than the “finally” introduction the new G43. For me, being one of the first editors in the world to step behind the previously closed factory doors for a tour was a legitimate and exciting reason to hop on a plane to Smyrna, Georgia. My take on what I saw behind those doors is another article altogether, but I am sure everyone is more interested in the G43 at this point.
Actually, I am going to say they are only three years late. Three years ago the Shield debuted, and ultimately paved the way for the XDS and the Sig 938. The original LC9, PF9, and Kahrs were just a little different and not quite shootable, combat worthy guns. Figure that at least half of the Shields, XDS, and 938's would not have sold if the G43 had been available. That has got to be several hundred thousand guns. Edited by Patton

Actually, I am going to say they are only three years late. Three years ago the Shield debuted, and ultimately paved the way for the XDS and the Sig 938. The original LC9, PF9, and Kahrs were just a little different and not quite shootable, combat worthy guns. Figure that at least half of the Shields, XDS, and 938's would not have sold if the G43 had been available. That has got to be several hundred thousand guns.

Almost nine years for the Walther PPS.

For that matter... S&W's 39XX series guns have been out for a loooooong time.

Yeah, Glock fumbled around on introducing the G-43 and its initial sales are going to be to die hard Glock aficionados followed by name recognition buyers. At this point its a toss up on whether its going to encroach on S&W Shield sales but my guess is it'll impact XDs9 sales. As for me I'll wait a bit to see how it works out for others before I consider buying one because at this point the Shield is looking like a smarter choice.

if i want to carry a single stack glock then i will carry my g36.  the g43 is not much smaller.  the g43 is about the same size as the g26.  so here goes glock again, late to the party.  when glock makes a single stack 9 mm the size of the kahr pm9 and/or the kel tec pf9 then i will pull my money out and buy one.  until then if i want to carry a single stack glock the g36 will fit the bill. 

• Like 2
I have no horse in this race as "slim to none" equals the odds I'll buy one.

For the G-lock guys, having a similar platform to their primary it makes sense.

My compact is an MK9 and with the solid competition from $300-$700 will Glock attract new customers? Will people satisfied with their Kahrs, Kel-Tecs, Rugers and Shields spend another couple of hundred dollars.

I'll buy one eventually.

I just bought the LC9S, couple of holsters and spare mags.

Glock kept me waiting for a few years, I think I will make them wait a while for my $$$.

Yeah, I am not sure why I need one over an LC9s...the LC9 had a HORRIBLE trigger, but the LC9s is wonderful, and I think it is smaller than the new glock, certainly it is less expensive.  

• Like 1

Almost nine years for the Walther PPS.

For that matter... S&W's 39XX series guns have been out for a loooooong time.

Yeah, I forgot about the PPS even though my father has one. I can't really classify the 3913 in the same category; I have one.