Is it difficult to hunt with an AR pistol? (300 blackout)

If you have any questions or just want to speak 300 Blackout feel free to get a hold of me. I would be glad to give you my number. I have about every platform that can be had in 300 Blackout and it is my "forever" caliber. I will never be without a 300 Blackout and would give up any of my 223's in order to keep a 300 Blackout. I am very, very active in the 300 Blackout community and any problem that you might have I have probably seen before.

Well I was able to handle alot of AR Pistols as well as sig brace equipped pistols and I can say without a doubt that I don't want one. :pleased:  I have decided to go ahead and just build a 16" rifle. I'd love to chat with you about it but I am not quite ready yet to start on the upper. I'm gonna do a little more research into different products and I may reach out to you then about them.

Well I was able to handle alot of AR Pistols as well as sig brace equipped pistols and I can say without a doubt that I don't want one. :pleased: I have decided to go ahead and just build a 16" rifle. I'd love to chat with you about it but I am not quite ready yet to start on the upper. I'm gonna do a little more research into different products and I may reach out to you then about them.

Glad you were able to get your own hands one them. I can give you my opinions and reasons for them and someone else can give you theirs and chances are they will be quite different. Sounds like you like the "pistols" about as much as I do though. The only reason I can foresee myself ever owning one is to legally carry a rifle caliber loaded in the truck but even then I would have to work my way pretty far down my want list to get to that point.
I've been pleased with my 16" CMMG 1:7 pistol length gas port barrel. Honestly, pickin's were pretty slim when I bought mine (right after newtown shooting) so I didn't has a lot of choice but even now I'm not sure I'd got another route. It's not a match barrel but no further than you're typically going to be shooting with the caliber I'm not sure it makes much difference. Good luck and call if you need anything.
  • Like 1

I'm thinking subsonic ammo is a no go even at relatively close ranges (not that it couldn't kill the deer but because it might not) but someone else might have some input as far as the potential of a really heavy bullet cruising just below the sound barrier? 

I am with you.  I believe hunting deer sized game for sport with a subsonic 300 BLK to be unethical.  The energy imparted by 220 Grain bullet at ~1050 FPS is similar to a 9mm Luger. Yes, it will likely kill the animal, but a clean kill is unlikely.  

In my youth I saw a deer shot up with 22LR bullets, so there are assholes out there.

.... The only reason I can foresee myself ever owning one is to legally carry a rifle caliber loaded in the truck..

?? You can have loaded long guns in the truck now. Anyone not prohibited from firearm possession by law can. With a permit, can even do so on school property or posted areas.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot