Yet another boring suppressor thread.....

Thoughts on the Yankee Hill quick detach line of suppressors?  I see they make one of Titanium and inconel that's less than a pound.  12.5 ounces I think.  

I have three .223 AR's and the woman says she may buy me one this year.  I LOVE the idea of buying three new muzzle brakes and being able to juggle the suppressor easily.  

Is there a better option for this?  I have a current build that's gonna sport an 18 inch .930 stainless barrel so weight IS a factor for that one.  

I was really tempted to make me one on a form1 but a lifetime warranty with YHM is worth a pretty penny to me.  

Edited by Caster

There are a few good QD lightweight cans out there.  Did you have a budget in mind?

I've got a heavy YHM and the detach system is nice and works as it should.  It's not as glamorous as some of the other manufacturers but it works well.

YHM certainly isn't the only manufacturer that offers lifetime warranty so keep that in mind.

I have a phantom 556, since I don't reload I bought 20 sub-sonic rounds for like a buck a round and it wouldn't cycle at all, it's wasn't quite at all either, so today I shoot regular 556 out of it.. :cry:

I can show you videos with the can and without using regular ammo if you like.. 

Check out the Liberty Mystic X. I've recently sent off my paperwork for my first can (Silencerco Specwar) which I wanted to be a "do all" rifle can that was good to go on everything I own. I purchased this can with intentions of buying another, lighter weight, can for AR use. The Mystic is one that I have been looking at because it's good for .223, 300blk, 7.62x39, 9mm and only weighs 10.5oz if I remember correctly. I haven't gotten serious about purchasing my 2nd suppressor yet (I don't need to fool around and talk myself into making another purchase alright now) so I haven't explored all different options or even looked into the Mystic intensely so I could be missing something that would change my mind. It certainly fits nicely into the light weight catgory though.

While the mystic x is rated for over 50 calibers, it's limited on high power rifle rounds.

That's exactly why I didn't buy it this time around. It does seem to be an excellent choice for someone looking for a very light can to run on AR15's.
I don't want to drag Caster's thread off track but if you have any first hand experience with the Mystic I'd love to hear about it in a pm.

I don't want to drag Caster's thread off track but if you have any first hand experience with the Mystic I'd love to hear about it in a pm.

No, by all means!  If there's a better solution especially with regards to quick detach, I need to hear it.  

Hmm that's something that I didn't look at. I'm not sure if it's QD or direct thread.

Mystic X is direct thread, but they have 3 lug mounts.  I believe they also just came out with a module that can utilize AAC 51t mounts, but it would be a poor choice for strictly 556 rifles.

If you are also considering 30cal versions, take a look at the Silco Omega.  It is very lightweight, can use 556 endcaps to improve dB reduction, and utilizes the ASR mount which is very solid. 

One nice thing about the YHM QD System is that there is a company that makes a QD brake shield that will replace the suppressor to give it a "Flaming Pig Effect.  So if you are running a short barrel gun and don't want to use the suppressor, the shield will push the blast forward.  They are pricey, but neat.

They do one for AAC qd's too, but the AAC version requires a set screw.

They make them in 5.56 or 7.62 Lengths.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar15-components/upper-receiver/barrel-process/sss-qd-brake-shield-yhm-mounts-5-56.html 

Holy forking spoon! 

The wife wants one now that we are starting a trust.  She wants to suppress her Glock 19.

I will order her a Lone Wolf threaded barrel.  What should she get??  I have a metric crap ton of loaded ammo, 147g JHP that I have chrono'd @ 925 fps.  That should be VERY good.  

Caster, 

I have the YHM Phantom M2 762 QD, the same as Capbyrd.  It is heavy but I really do like the fact that the QD is part of the muzzle break and not the suppressor.  If it breaks its $75 to replace and doesnt require me to mail the can back to manufacture.  I aslo use the can on my 556 ARs, and even my threaded .22  its a great versatile option especially for the price.  

however if I had the extra scratch and were buying another one today Id probably buy a Saker.  Definatley satisfied with my YHM though.  

• Like 1

The only pistol can you should be looking at are the AAC ti rant, the Silencerco octane, Silencerco osprey, or the liberty 9mm can.

Tirant 9 is discontinued in favor of their new can, the illusion, which has an eccentric off center design.

Take a look at the Griffin revolution 9 as well.  It can be configured into a shorter version when overall weight is important.  Very cool design and baffles look very similar to octane baffles. 

The Ti-Rant won't be going anywhere until they can get a new suppressor quieter than the existing lineup.

Looks like it is still available on their website.

Maybe I should rephrase.  They are phasing them out in favor of the Illusion in 9mm and the 45M in 45.  This was confirmed by several AAC dealers.  You can still find them right now, but the Illusion will be released soon.