Reached a milestone on my motorcycle today

10-Ring

Turned over 100,000 miles!  Unfortunately, I was only responsible for about the last 20K.  1991 Honda ST1100.  Left the house on Saturday and put on right at 1,200 miles before returning today.  It's due for a clutch but besides that I would ride her anywhere.  I do have to say the best part about owning a 24 year old bike with 100K on it is I never stay in a motel on the road and wonder if she'll be there the next morning. 

20150325_092919_zpstkvufpsz.jpg

Shot after I got home and wiped her down.

20150325_120318_zps8i0cbbyd.jpg 

• Like 8

Wow, that is a lot of miles, congrats!  I agree, the bike still looks good for it's age.

I am taking my first ever "long" trip this summer, somewhere around 3000 miles.  I made reservations last year for a couple of days at Sturgis.  Figure 2 nights/3 days is more than enough for me.  Planning to head out to my brothers in Boulder, CO the week before and then up to Sturgis and back the week after.  It's a bit intimidating to be honest having never have taken a trip over more than a few hundred miles.  

• Like 1
Guest Mad4rcn
My bike is 17 yrs old,wouldn't trade it for a new one. She taking me back to Washington for the Roll'in Thunder ride again this may.
I've got one that is 34 and still runs like a champ. My body, not so much so :)

Most machines will last as long as you take care of em, the problem I've found most is to actually take the time, especially when you live in a climate that allows you to ride all year. That's where the extra bike comes in. Edited by Still Ugly

Those are great bikes. I sold my st1300 a couple of months ago. Shoulder problems and age got the best of me. I've given up riding. Congrats though on your milestone! :up:

There are a lot of things that come with getting older. Giving up riding is probably the one I dread more than most. I'm guessing a trike or reverse trike wouldn't change anything?