what to do in Smyrna?

Going to smyrna next weekend to visit family. Actualy the wife is gonna see her brother, sister n law, and niece and ill have a little time to explore by myself , well with two golden retrievers. Is there any good places to do some walking,hiking? wooded or city.

Maybe a good BBQ with outdoor seating( cause of the dogs).Or a place to let the dogs do some swimming.

We are gonna swing thru nashville on the way back and try to stop by Antique Archeology, the store from American pickers, if its open.

Have you guys ever been there?

Also wheres a good place to buy Nashville Predator stuff? Weve never been to Nashville, Thanks

• Administrator

I believe you're able to walk dogs at the Lee Victory park on Sam Ridley Pkwy.

For BBQ, hit up Bob's BBQ on Enon Springs Drive.  Get a pulled pork BBQ sandwich or two, or their loaded baked potato.  Get it to go and then eat it at the Smyrna Library just down the road also on Enon Springs, outside on the benches near the fountain.  Dogs should be welcome there as well.

Or head the other direct on Enon Springs and visit the Gregory Mills Park which has a nice creek area that your dogs could splash around in while you eat your BBQ.  Be warned that as long as there's been rain lately, the water should be flowing and fresh.  If it hasn't, the water will be stagnant and tepid.

For Preds gear, definitely just visit the Bridgestone Area pro-shop.

Antique Archeology is skip-able in my opinion.  We went once.  It wasn't worth the hassle.  Very overpriced and generally speaking you're going to stand in line outside the place waiting to get in.  If you do and you end up standing in line, visit Garage Coffee Company also in the Marathon Motors building.

There is a gun store called The Outpost on the other side of Mufreesboro.  I've never been there, but understand that they have every type of gun under the sun there.  The person telling me about it said it would be like being a kid on Christmas for me. 

I haven't been there, maybe some other folks have.

There is a gun store called The Outpost on the other side of Mufreesboro.  I've never been there, but understand that they have every type of gun under the sun there.  The person telling me about it said it would be like being a kid on Christmas for me. 

I haven't been there, maybe some other folks have.

Outpost Armory is at exit 89.

If you want to try and have a meet up with some of the outher guys im in what do ya'll say. If want someone to go to the outpost with im up for it i need some power just let me know i live in Murfreesboro but work in Nashville and drive through there every day
  • Like 1

If you want to try and have a meet up with some of the outher guys im in what do ya'll say. If want someone to go to the outpost with im up for it i need some power just let me know i live in Murfreesboro but work in Nashville and drive through there every day

I could possibly make it. Let me know if y'all figure out Saturday or Sunday and a time.
While you're waiting at the american pickers store...or if you get bored and decide not to go...its really not that great...as mentioned above, garage coffee. But if you like liquor at all stop in at corsair on the end of the building. Awesome awesome spiced rum and absinthe.

I don't know if you're into Civil War history, but you could go see the Sam Davis home.  It's in Smyrna.  He was a Confederate courier who was captured and hanged for a spy.  IIRC the house has a sizable outdoor area where you could let the dogs work off some energy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas, sounds like plenty to do. BBQ is definite and the wife decided she wants to see the grand ole oppry.

Id like to meet up with some members but unfortunatly cant make any in cement plans ( havent been able to do that since getting married) :surrender:

• Like 2