NRA NASHVILLE NEXT WEEK

I am at the convention wearing a gray Hawaiian shirt with red flowers and green leaves

I think I saw you several times as I staggered around that hot room.

We need some sort of identifier for events like these. Yeah, I know. I should wear a TGO cap. lol

But not a cap guy usually.

I came I conquered and I am back in Memphis now.....

NRA show was def worth the ride ,I got to handle easily 100+ guns and accys

Every MFG' staff was inviting and helpful showing off their guns and gear

Its great to get a first hand feel of guns you were thinking of buying ,some were over the 

top impressive and some I thought I had to have before the show  turned out to be duds and I was glad I did not buy them

after handling them at the show...

I am proud to be a lifetime member now of the NRA

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 2

Here's my take away's from the NRA show (probably going back tomorrow so this is subject to change):

After handling one of the "new" R51's I want one badly, if production can match the samples I handled today (that was the issue with the 1st batch), it will be a very good pistol.

I also quite want a Walther CCP, it fits my hand fantastically well.

I DO NOT want a Glock 43, I handled one first thing today and while it was a solid feeling pistol, it did not fit me at all.

I want a KelTec sub 2000 gen 2 badly. I know I may never find one for sale due to Keltec's manufacturing issues (they promised me double the production per year of the old model) but it's a darn handy little carbine.

If I ever get around to getting a mosin, I'm getting the Timney trigger for it (yes it's the cost of another mosin, but it's an awesome trigger).

I got to meet: 22 Plinkster (youtube fame), Craig Boddington (gun writer), Massad Ayoob (too many titles to list), Adam Vinatieri (Colts Kicker), I literally ran into Joe Meaux (formerly of "Sons of Guns" fame), I saw Jeff Quinn, R Lee Ermey, Ted Nugent, and Sootch00.

Synopsis: I'm really glad it was local to me, but I will absolutely head to Louisville for next years show.

Oh, and my legs hurt like crazy from walking on that hard floor for 7+ hours without sitting down...

Edited by xjsnake
  • Like 1

I noticed folks giving away NRA passes in TGO classifieds and I dont get it ,are you that cheap ?

The show is free to any NRA member,if your not a member and you want a free pass its counter productive

Join the NRA and get on board ,fight the fight !!!!!!!!!

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 4

I noticed folks giving away NRA passes in TGO classifieds and I dont get it ,are you that cheap ?

The show is free to any NRA member,if your not a member and you want a free pass its counter productive

YES!!!! I realize not everyone can run with the big dogs in the gun world and own all the greatest toys, but for the cost of  2 to 3 boxes of ammo, you can join in and support on of the big dogs that fight those who want to take the right to have any gun and ammo away from you.

JMO

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

I was in Nashville several days last week but didn't get to the NRA event due to traffic and work.  The large number of people attending the event should send a message to the antigun liberals in Nashville and around the Country.

• Like 2

I was assuming the giveaways were meant for NRA members who didn't get pre-registered. TGoers who planned to go but then couldn't were trying to do their fellow NRA/TGOers a solid and save them the time in the registration line. As it turned out, the registration lines were never more than about 5 minutes long from what I saw. The NRA has this down to a science.

I was in Nashville several days last week but didn't get to the NRA event due to traffic and work.  The large number of people attending the event should send a message to the antigun liberals in Nashville and around the Country.

but there were at least 4, maybe 5 dozen people at Riverfront Park yesterday for the MDA rally, so that kind of cancels out the NRA.

This was my first experience of this kind, and it was an absolute blast.

I especially enjoyed the Benelli and Browning shotguns, Savage bolt rifles and Henry lever actions. Ruger's revolvers and the RIA pistols were price-point impressive, too. The smooth action of the Winchester SXP line was a nice surprise.

I was extremely disappointed with Marlin's offerings. I knew they wouldn't be as nice as the JM-marked classics, but the 336 and 1894 I tried had the worst triggers of the show. I can't believe those rifles were allowed on the show floor. Henry, Uberti and Rossi ate Marlin's lunch and took its milk money. So sad ... I'd wanted a pistol-caliber counterpart for my Marlin .30-30, and it looks like Henry is the frontrunner. One of those octagon-barreled, color-case-hardened beauties by Uberti sure would be nice, too.