NRA NASHVILLE NEXT WEEK

Guest livefreeordie1

NRA has an android app that includes a floor plan of the convention center with all of the exhibitors mapped out.  I found it useful in Indy last year.

What's the carry rules/laws for the convention?

from the NRAAM website:

"During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws."

In other words, carry at the main convention center is OK if you have a permit, but carry at the Bridgestone arena is not permitted at all (mainly for the Alan Jackson concert, if you are going).

Still not clear if permitted carry at the convention center means fully loaded and holstered, or if (like many gun shows) they will make you check your ammo & mags/peacebond your firearm... haven't seen anything about this either way, I would be surprised if it was the latter, that kind of makes the concept of carry pretty pointless.

Edited by tartanphantom

Well, I was unsure of what my plans were for going i.e. when, with who, etc. My buddy's just called and they're off Friday and going up when it opens. Sooooooooooo guess who just took a vacation day??? :rock:

Slugard!  lol

• Like 1

Helping load in Th AM then trying to get the early view of things if exhibitor traffic doesn't make it too unsafe.  I'll be at 706 most of F/Sa/Su, but wandering around a bit. 

I hope folks come by and say thanks to Doug and the Knife Rights folks for their work on getting the laws changed in TN.

Edited by hso
They sent me 5 extra passes, so me and some friends are going. Definitely looking forward to it. Don't care too much about the speaking, but the main floor booths is what I'm going for. Hoping to run into Uncle Ted. Edited by satalac

I keep reading on here about people saying that they havent gotten registered or havent gotten their "packet" in yet .

Do you have to register to get in ? I thought any NRA member could enter free with nothing more than proof that youre a NRA member .

I keep reading on here about people saying that they havent gotten registered or havent gotten their "packet" in yet .

Do you have to register to get in ? I thought any NRA member could enter free with nothing more than proof that youre a NRA member .

The online pre-registration was to allow you to enter without having to stand in line and validate your NRA membership.

Some of us didn't get that packet mailed out to them. I've heard several different reasons for that, but the issue is that it didn't get mailed to us.

So now we have to wait in the line to enter rather than showing the pre-registration id.

• Like 2

The online pre-registration was to allow you to enter without having to stand in line and validate your NRA membership.

Some of us didn't get that packet mailed out to them. I've heard several different reasons for that, but the issue is that it didn't get mailed to us.

So now we have to wait in the line to enter rather than showing the pre-registration id.

Yep, for a minute I was .ad at myself for not pre-registering but thought ehh I might have been one of the guys who didn't get their packet anyway lol

I want to stop by on Sunday. I have the kids, 5yr and 7yr old, but didn't see anything about 'all ages' or any particular age limits. I know it'll be more of a quick cruise through with them but I don't want to miss it. Anyone know for sure if it's ok to take them or not?

Guest livefreeordie1

I want to stop by on Sunday. I have the kids, 5yr and 7yr old, but didn't see anything about 'all ages' or any particular age limits. I know it'll be more of a quick cruise through with them but I don't want to miss it. Anyone know for sure if it's ok to take them or not?

There'll be a ton of kids there, they'll love it.

This is my first NRA convention. Been a member for years, but never really wanted to travel far to fight crowds and pay too much for a hotel room. So I have to say WOW! What a crowd and everything I ever wanted to see from the gun culture  :usa: . Ended up with 50 lbs. of literature and catalogs in my pack. Enough reading to hold me for a year until the next one. But I'm going back tomorrow for more!

After being away from guns for a while (i took up the other shooting hobby (photography)), I returned by going to the convention!  So much good SWAG. =)  I can't wait to go shooting again!  This has really energized me and reminded me why I got into this a few years ago.

• Like 1