DA/SA Decocker Pocket Pistol?

mhl6493

I know this is a completely different platform than my 1911 question, but I'm also intrigued by the DA/SA with a Decocker (like a Sig has).  Does anyone know of a model like this that could be pocket carried?  I've done a little internet research and found several models, but they all seem to be too big for pocket carry.  Thanks!

Edited by mhl6493
I forgot about the S&W Chief Specials in 9/40/45. They are fine weapons.
The Sig 239 I had was a little larger than my 3913. I tried to pocket carry it but it was too large. I can't really speak for the 224 though.
  • Like 1

That's pretty much what I've found so far.  There are a few models that are *almost* pocketable, but not quite.  I really like the looks of the P232, but there's no way I'd be able to carry that in a normal pocket on a regular basis...

A Walther P99c AS is about the same size as a Glock 26 but I never tried to carry it in my pocket when I had one, 10+1.. It's a striker fired pistol, but does have a decocker with a sa/da trigger.. Awesome little guns!

• Like 2
Guest mechanically

Have you seen a CZ 2075 Rami D? It's marginally thinner than a Glock 26, and is exactly what you're asking for... DA/SA Decocker. 

I adore mine, but I never have tried to pocket carry it. If a G26 would fit in your pocket ok, you'd love the Rami. 

Ever head to Chattanooga?

Have you seen a CZ 2075 Rami D? It's marginally thinner than a Glock 26, and is exactly what you're asking for... DA/SA Decocker. 

I adore mine, but I never have tried to pocket carry it. If a G26 would fit in your pocket ok, you'd love the Rami. 

Ever head to Chattanooga?

I've heard of the Rami, but I've never seen one.  Honestly don't know much about CZ at all.  From what little I've read about it, it's probably a bit too big for my pockets.  But it's close.  Yeah, I get down to Chattanooga every once in a while - either to visit someone in the hospital, or to drop by Shooter's Depot.  Nice city - unless you're on I-24 at rush hour...  :D

Guest mechanically

I agree, I wouldn't pocket carry it either, just thought I'd mention it. 

If you're ever down here, you're welcome to take it for a spin of the scheduled worked out. 

I agree, I wouldn't pocket carry it either, just thought I'd mention it. 

If you're ever down here, you're welcome to take it for a spin of the scheduled worked out. 

Thanks, I just may do that.  Very generous of you.  I'm definitely going to do some more research into CZ.  I've only been into handguns for a little over a year, and they really haven't been on my radar -- just don't get the publicity others do.  Do you know if Shooter's Depot or anyone else around here routinely carries them?

Edited by mhl6493
Guest mechanically

That's the challenge... They're awfully hard to track down. I saw a CZ sign on the wall at the new Gander Mountain, but I'd be surprised if you came across anything other than the standard 75B. 

It's worth the effort, though!

the rami is not going to fit well into normal sized pockets.  Its a double stack and too fat, and while compact its just a hair too big.  That said, I have carried it that way a few times (trying it out, and giving up on the idea).   It is an awesome gun, but just a hair big for typical pocket carry.     Cz custom shop can get you a rami pretty fast. 

You looking for 9mm only?  Or a 380?  There are a few 380s I can think of, drawing a blank on the decocking 9s...

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

Thanks, I just may do that.  Very generous of you.  I'm definitely going to do some more research into CZ.  I've only been into handguns for a little over a year, and they really haven't been on my radar -- just don't get the publicity others do.  Do you know if Shooter's Depot or anyone else around here routinely carries them?

Nope but I can think of one SD member who would be glad to let you try his... if he can get his wife to give it back for an hour or two... just ask me & we can make it happen.   Mine has no decocker and is converted to SAO but the feel of shooting it SA is the same as shooting the DA/SA in SA mode.  

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

Nope but I can think of one SD member who would be glad to let you try his... if he can get his wife to give it back for an hour or two... just ask me & we can make it happen.   Mine has no decocker and is converted to SAO but the feel of shooting it SA is the same as shooting the DA/SA in SA mode.  

Thanks - very nice of you!  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  I've never been to the range at SD - usually just go to Fugate's in Calhoun because of the distance.  Is it a pretty nice range?

the rami is not going to fit well into normal sized pockets.  Its a double stack and too fat, and while compact its just a hair too big.  That said, I have carried it that way a few times (trying it out, and giving up on the idea).   It is an awesome gun, but just a hair big for typical pocket carry.     Cz custom shop can get you a rami pretty fast. 

You looking for 9mm only?  Or a 380?  There are a few 380s I can think of, drawing a blank on the decocking 9s...

Can't wait to get my mitts on the D model that I found on GB the other day; those varmits are hard to come by as of late....

• Like 1

Thanks - very nice of you!  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  I've never been to the range at SD - usually just go to Fugate's in Calhoun because of the distance.  Is it a pretty nice range?

Its pretty nice.   Its a bit short, but ok for basic handgun sessions.   The ventilation is top notch, which puts it a cut above many of the ranges in the area.  They have a range officer watching on camera but generally keep a low interference unless the shooters are being unsafe or doing something way over the top.  Its pretty loud in there at times,  concrete room and gunfire does that, i advise double up plugs and headset.   Typical target system (rolls in and out with a switch),  lighting is decent.   The yearly membership is very reasonable if you enjoy it and go a lot.   

• Like 1