Game of Thrones

This was the season I've been worried about.  So far, the series has kept remarkably close to the books, but after Season 4/Book 3, the story doesn't seem as TV ready as before. 

For starters, books 4&5 occur at the same time, and are split between geographic areas, meaning the main characters split as well.  Not having some of the main characters for an entire season won't fly in the TV show obviously.  Also, the story slows down a bit in books 4&5 to account for the aftermath of the wars, and set up the finishing books, so I expect them to put some dramatic flare into the TV show to keep things interesting.   

I'm cautiously optimistic in my hopes that HBO doesn't screw things up.

My wife is already warming her chair up for the premier. lol

I like the show, especially the Lannister Clan. But I just like it.

My wife loves it!! Knows all the character names and subplots. And this from a woman who hates most tv shows.

Daenerys Targaryen...bring her to me, forthwith.

I really didn't want to bring her up. I'm still re-watching the dragon birthing scene with the little ones strategically placed.

She is one fantastic looking woman as a blonde! So exotic with those black eyebrows.

Kinda mediocre as a brunette though. But still attractive.

I think she will make a kick-ass Sarah Conner this summer. And Arnold is old enough now that he might not hit on her. lol
  • Like 1

This was the season I've been worried about. So far, the series has kept remarkably close to the books, but after Season 4/Book 3, the story doesn't seem as TV ready as before.

For starters, books 4&5 occur at the same time, and are split between geographic areas, meaning the main characters split as well. Not having some of the main characters for an entire season won't fly in the TV show obviously. Also, the story slows down a bit in books 4&5 to account for the aftermath of the wars, and set up the finishing books, so I expect them to put some dramatic flare into the TV show to keep things interesting.

I have heard rumors the books and show are going to split ways a bit this season. GRRM said there will be surprises this season for both the show watchers and the book readers.

This was the season I've been worried about.  So far, the series has kept remarkably close to the books, but after Season 4/Book 3, the story doesn't seem as TV ready as before. 

For starters, books 4&5 occur at the same time, and are split between geographic areas, meaning the main characters split as well.  Not having some of the main characters for an entire season won't fly in the TV show obviously.  Also, the story slows down a bit in books 4&5 to account for the aftermath of the wars, and set up the finishing books, so I expect them to put some dramatic flare into the TV show to keep things interesting.   

I've heard this season is going to differ from the books. Some characters will die on TV that still are alive in the books. Books 4&5 started out as one book and then got out hand and were made into 2 books. I agree with you about the story slowing down. I'm not that optimistic that HBO doesn't screw things up.

I've read all the books, and based on what I know, it seems like some of the story only has this season left before they run out of material.  Some of the scenes that I have heard being filmed I know are near the end of the most recent book.  I heard that whenever GRRM is asked when the next book will come out, he threatens to kill Tyrion.