Game of Thrones

For the record, gay was hinted at in the books like Oberon Martell "enjoyed the company of men and women" but there was never any bro-touch. That's all HBO liberty.

leave it to HBO and they'll "gay it all up" every time

• Like 1
name="hipower" post="1259430" timestamp="1428721390"]
True, but it's been sort of let go by in the storyline for a while.
[/quote]

yep no gayness in GoT. ;)

That scene made the gay walking dead scene look like a handshake.
[/quote]

Well...that certainly was a new approach. It hadn't been quite that blatant for a while anyway.

Yeah I loved all the outrage over TWDs gayness and then everyone loves GoT LOL

It's not like GoT went for 5 seasons before including gay love scenes. I'm not a fan of those, but I know they're part of the package, just like I now know that they're part of the package in TWD.  Don't care for it, but it's not going to keep me from watching it. What I find fascinating is all the ridicule of folks who hold the same opinion, and I'm not the only one.

Ah, but what do I know? I'm just an fat, old, white, redneck who has a natural revulsion to homosexuality and I don't apologize one bit for it.  :usa:

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

This is why you DVR it.. so you can fast foward through what you don't want to see! Otherwise you might get:

This season, on "Gay"m of Thrones.....Rubbert Buttrathian gives his friend Headard Stuck the "hand of the king". Then they go visit the Brown Keep only to find that Gayme Mannister has a golden hand of his own......

untitled.png

• Like 1

HBO took hits for using a lot of female nudity that wasn't in the book as well.  They do it to advance stories, as a setting for dialogue that the book has somewhere else that makes building a new set impractical, or to condense info from multiple characters into one TV role- like they did with that prostitute who left Winterfell, worked for Littlefinger's brothel, then became a spy for Varys before she was turned into an arrow target.

HBO took hits for using a lot of female nudity that wasn't in the book as well. They do it to advance stories, as a setting for dialogue that the book has somewhere else that makes building a new set impractical, or to condense info from multiple characters into one TV role- like they did with that prostitute who left Winterfell, worked for Littlefinger's brothel, then became a spy for Varys before she was turned into an arrow target.

Ros I think her name was. That scene alone was embarrassing for me because, as a book reader, I had recommended the show too a lot of people. When I saw that I turned bright red thinking "I told my mother to watch this!" I personally felt HBO was overdoing it. Sex was part of the books but yeesh.

Definitely HBO was ladeling the sex & nudity on but I think they backed off a bit when it turned out to be pretty good in its own right. Personally, it doesn't bother me much anyway but it does seem unnecessary sometimes.

Edited by tnguy

Dany said she wasn't doing any more nudity and from the 1st show this season you can see that she didn't show any boob when they had the perfect shot.......of course we had more Manass than you can shake a stick at lol.

Dany said she wasn't doing any more nudity and from the 1st show this season you can see that she didn't show any boob when they had the perfect shot.......of course we had more Manass than you can shake a stick at lol.

DAMMIT!

One of the only characters that I WANT to see nekid...

• Like 1

Did you all not know what you were going to get after the first four seasons? Why all the bitching? There has been murder, nudity, sex, more murder, more sex, etc since Season 1. This should not be a surprise at this point. Be libertarian about it. If you don't want to watch it don't watch it.

If you're feeling more moral than most then you should have cancelled HBO long ago...

• Like 4