Game of Thrones

ssssss ssssss ssssss.   She is just as big a scumbag as all the other kings and queens.   Lost all respect for her having the dude's head cut off.

And why didn't Brianne (sp) of Tarth tell Sensa that she had just seen her sister?   Littlefinger was right when he called her out for doing a terrible job of living up to her oath's to protect people.

• Like 1

Many, many good oneliners in this show!

My newest favorite one liner is "Hodor".

Anything the wife asks me to do, 

Honey do this, Hodor

Could you help me with this? Hodor.

It's the perfect response for a DB

Edited by Caster
  • Like 3

Brienne is probably my favorite character right now, but I am afraid that she will die an untimely and violent death before the series runs its course.

As we have seen on GoT...no one character is safe. GRRM doesn't play favorites. He will send them to the Narrow Sea without a paddle in a hearbeat.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Any thoughts on how this season will end tonight?

Yes, but they may be considered spoilers.

I saw a tall guy with lots of red hair and a bushy red beard at the Chattanooga Market today; I had to resist the urge to approach him an comment, "I hope everything works out well for your people tonight."  If he was a GOT fan, he would probably laugh.  If he wasn't, he would have thought I was making a ginger joke.  

• Like 1

Maybe so. I think Martin may have pushed HBO to far. I heard he tells HBO that if they try to rush him he will kill off the dwarf. I don't know what kind of contract he has with them, but HBO does not seem to have a problem making changes.

I'm hoping Cersei is choking on her own blood tonight. I hate that woman and will smile when she dies.

I'm nearly 99% sure what does happen to her, and while it is not that, you may be happy with what does happen. I base this on reports of a certain scene that was filmed.
Well...my wife was certainly upset. I looked over at her during the " for the Brothers" scene and she was almost crying.

I've told her several times now..."Don't get attached to ANY character in a George R.R. Martin book."

Their life expectancy is about 5 minutes onscreen and one paragraph in his books.

She is not happy.

What do you think, Sansa and Reek? Suicide or snowbank? And where was Jon's wolf during all this?
  • Like 1

Well...my wife was certainly upset. I looked over at her during the " for the Brothers" scene and she was almost crying.

I've told her several times now..."Don't get attached to ANY character in a George R.R. Martin book."

Their life expectancy is about 5 minutes onscreen and one paragraph in his books.

She is not happy.

What do you think, Sansa and Reek? Suicide or snowbank? And where was Jon's wolf during all this?

I think the snow drifts get high against that side of the castle.  And remember that guy with the eagle and Bran with his wolf and Hodor?  I think Ghost is somewhere with Jon's mind right now.  They conveniently reminded us that Ghost has been hanging around the castle recently.  Death is the only way to break a vow to the Night's Watch.  Maybe now Jon will be free to pursue other interests.

The Jon Snow scene was different in the books.  Same ending, but different chain of events that brought him to it.  This was the only change in the series that I didn't think was okay as an alternate route.  That said, I think the writers sent the Red Woman to Castle Black so she can revive Jon Snow like Thoros of Myr did with Lord Beric Dondarian in Season 3.

Theon/Reek and Sansa jumped to a snowbank.  Death in GoT isn't that simple.

• Like 1
*slight detour*.....

I can't believe they've gone & got Daenerys Targaryen cast as the new Sarah Connor.

*totally wanders off the path with this one*....

I also can't believe my freaking phone has spellcheck suggestions for 'Daenerys Targaryen'

*slight detour*.....

I can't believe they've gone & got Daenerys Targaryen cast as the new Sarah Connor.

*totally wanders off the path with this one*....

I also can't believe my freaking phone has spellcheck suggestions for 'Daenerys Targaryen'

Yes, the verdict will be interesting on the Terminator Movie and Daenerys as Sarah Connor.

Actually my favorite Sarah Connor was on the tv show The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Lena Hedley was great in it.

And lastly, I guess GoT has gotten to be such a national interest and pastime even the phones are in on it. lol

So who are the people surrounding Daenerys?  Is it new characters or the rest of the Dothraki that did not follow her after Drogo died?

I hate the red witch but it would be cool if she brings back to life Jon Snow.

Was good to see Brienne get some closure with Stanis.

They left a lot of storylines open for next season.  Now for the long wait...

So who are the people surrounding Daenerys?  Is it new characters or the rest of the Dothraki that did not follow her after Drogo died?

I hate the red witch but it would be cool if she brings back to life Jon Snow.

Was good to see Brienne get some closure with Stanis.

They left a lot of storylines open for next season.  Now for the long wait...

Good points KahrMan.  My wife picked up on the Dothraki  idea as well.

She was so sure that Stannis would be the final ruler, and was stunned at his sudden fall.

And went to bed muttering something about having to wait till next year to see what's next for her favorite family...the Lannisters. Or at least,  Tyrion.        

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it was clear on the show, but in the book, when a khal dies, the khaleesi is taken to their one city to live the rest of her life as a crone.  That is part of what cause the break in her khalasar.  So if these guys know who she is, they would take her to her "rightful" place.  If they don't know who she is, then they would gang rape her and one might take her as a wife.

It wasn't a dani sex sxene but it will do [emoji14]

Circe will have her revenege! And how about that frankenstein mountain!

She's got it in contract that she wont have to do any more nude scenes for the show.

Early on I was wondering how these later seasons would go. In the books, to be considered "of the people" she had to wear a traditional tocar which had one breast exposed.... She would often complain internally how she struggled with keeping the dress from simply falling apart while she wore it.