Game of Thrones

So who are the people surrounding Daenerys?  Is it new characters or the rest of the Dothraki that did not follow her after Drogo died?

I hate the red witch but it would be cool if she brings back to life Jon Snow.

Was good to see Brienne get some closure with Stanis.

They left a lot of storylines open for next season.  Now for the long wait...

So the show and the books are now (for the most part) caught up to each other.  Dani is being surrounded by Dothraki, in fact, in the book she meets face to face with the rider who took off with all of Drogo's men. Leaves us to think that she'll now have a new army to tie with the unsullied.

Tyrion and Jorah are nearby but they're outside the besiged city trying to buy their way in after having been sold into slavery. In fact, Dario isn't even there. Dani got pissed at him and sent him away to do her work elsewhere.

The story in the show and the story in the books varies greatly as far as the Stannis tale. He's still alive in the books. In fact he has Theon and his sister in captivity. Sansa has never been back to winterfell, nor has she met with Ramsay.

Brienne's tale is almost kind of sad. In the books she's on a fools errand quest to find Sansa. They threw her a lot of bones in the show by having her bump into both of the girls. She never saw them at all in the books, nor met Stannis.

John is right where he's supposed to be though, stabbed and presumed dead. But, we've seen Thoros of Myr bring back Dondarrion.. and he's a red priest... so who knows. That would presumably release John from the oath of the black. But if you've read the books at all, as soon as you think you've figured it out, George throws you for a loop.

****edit**** Also remember, when Dondarrion comes back to life, he's "less of who he was". Wonder what John would lose? Plus, in the show they don't get into it often but the Stark kids have warg abilities. Bran did it more than most, but the books detail Wargs being able to jump into other peoples bodies. Bran did it to Hodor after all. In fact, most of the Stark kids show they have these latent abilities, cept Sansa, she's pretty much worthless in the books.

Edited by NoBanStan

and from watching the episode we don't really know if Stannis is dead.   Breinne went to swing the sword and video immediately switched to Ramsey hacking someone.

Maybe something happened.

Sansa is worthless. 

As for John Snow,  it sure looked like he bled out.   But I have come to expect the uneblievable out of this show.  Same for Reek and Sansa and their leap.  I am not buying that a now bank would save them from massive injury.

Kit Harington has said in interviews that he is gone, but I believe even when a character is dead in a funeral scene, the actor still gets credit.  I won't believe Jon is dead until his head is separated from body (like his father and brother), or he is burnt.  In fact, according to what we have seen at the Wall, those are the only two methods to make sure a person stays dead, and I sincerely doubt they would not show it.

Same for Stannis, although I can easily see someone bringing his head to Ramsey and Ramsey getting mad that he wasn't the killer, thus setting off a hunt for Sansa, Theon, and now Brienne (who has been really terrible at her assigned jobs, by the way).  

I dunno. I've read the books and whilst there was certainly some issue with them, I think it seems like HBO has started to depart from some major structural points.

I hope they can keep the quality at least reasonably but I'm concerned from what I've seen so far. Oh well...

I have to say they really packed it in this episode though. My wife asked me to pause it and I told her it was near the end. Turns out we were only 34 minutes in.

Edited by tnguy
  • Moderators

So the show and the books are now (for the most part) caught up to each other. Dani is being surrounded by Dothraki, in fact, in the book she meets face to face with the rider who took off with all of Drogo's men. Leaves us to think that she'll now have a new army to tie with the unsullied.

Tyrion and Jorah are nearby but they're outside the besiged city trying to buy their way in after having been sold into slavery. In fact, Dario isn't even there. Dani got pissed at him and sent him away to do her work elsewhere.

The story in the show and the story in the books varies greatly as far as the Stannis tale. He's still alive in the books. In fact he has Theon and his sister in captivity. Sansa has never been back to winterfell, nor has she met with Ramsay.

Brienne's tale is almost kind of sad. In the books she's on a fools errand quest to find Sansa. They threw her a lot of bones in the show by having her bump into both of the girls. She never saw them at all in the books, nor met Stannis.

John is right where he's supposed to be though, stabbed and presumed dead. But, we've seen Thoros of Myr bring back Dondarrion.. and he's a red priest... so who knows. That would presumably release John from the oath of the black. But if you've read the books at all, as soon as you think you've figured it out, George throws you for a loop.

****edit**** Also remember, when Dondarrion comes back to life, he's "less of who he was". Wonder what John would lose? Plus, in the show they don't get into it often but the Stark kids have warg abilities. Bran did it more than most, but the books detail Wargs being able to jump into other peoples bodies. Bran did it to Hodor after all. In fact, most of the Stark kids show they have these latent abilities, cept Sansa, she's pretty much worthless in the books.

I think that John's being a Warg is the key here. He can move to his Direwolf and not lose any of himself in the process.

I think that John's being a Warg is the key here. He can move to his Direwolf and not lose any of himself in the process.

******* POSSIBLE BOOK SPOILERS ***********

It's certainly possible. the books mention several times about someone taking over an animal and finding the presence of someone else who had taken it over previously upon their death. In fact, the prologue of a Dance with Dragons is about Varamyr trying to take over Thistles body but she fights him off.

• Like 1

Yes the show is starting to depart a bit from the books, but Martin has and is taking an active part in creating the store line.

And as those of us who have read any of George R.R. Martin's books know...the man has a devious and conniving mind.
  • Like 1

the John Snow actor got a haircut.  I am sure he is not ready to start the next seasons production.

I'd guess he has other offers.

If they can wig Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke, they can wig Kit Harington.  I'll believe he's dead when they burn his body to prevent him from becoming a White Walker.

Too bad the tv show doesn't even hint at any of the starks having warg powers other than Bran the Tree.

who knows.  He was quoted saying the producers told him he was done.  But then last year he signed a three year deal.  

I'd like him as a white walker.

That would make for a good story line.

Make sense why he cut his hair. Make room for a thin white wig.
  • 1 month later...

From TMZ:

"Game of Thrones" fans, shield your eyes with some Valyrian steel if you haven’t seen last season 'cause this is a huge spoiler  … Jon Snow is back next season after his death, and we got the pics to prove it.

Kit Harington -- AKA Jon Snow -- was spotted in Belfast with fellow 'GOT' co-star Ben Crompton. The show started filming in Ireland this week for season 6.

We're told Jon Snow is very dead … but we know he'll still appear.

He could be brought back in different forms ... maybe as a White Walker.

Big sigh of relief, fans ... Jon's in Belfast. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/22/game-of-thrones-season-6-kit-harington-back-dead-photo/#ixzz3gf4CLf1u