Went to NRA Annual meeting this morning

Well went down to Nashville to see the big show. Jeez never seen so many people in my life at one place.

I hate crowds but wanted to see the exhibits more.

Got to talk to folks from Sig, Beretta (got to handle a new M9A3), EEA, Ruger and Armscor (the 2 main guys were there).

Lots of nice folks and more brands than I mentioned but trying to see most anything took time to work your way toward it.

So many vendors with interesting items.

Lots of give away stuff but I don't collect.

The guys from Armscor were really nice and we talked about the new 22 TCM ammo, pistols and rifle. They had all on display.

I think that a 22 TCM may be in my future when components for reloading get more available. I want a rifle and pistol.

The crowd finally took its toll on me and I had to leave.

I found a place on 4th Avenue to park for $7.00 for the few hours I was there, better than some that was charging $11.00 per hour!

I had fun but have had my nuff of people to last me 2 years.

Saw a lot of folks carrying today. Some were OWB and most IWB. Quite a few were printing pretty good, seems their method of carry was turning the grip of their firearm out away from their body. Wearing tight Tee shirts or other type shirt did not help.

I expected to see some gun control folks but did not, guess they are too smart to get ignorant around that many firearms people.

Edited by DWARREN123
  • Like 4
We went Friday and left at about 2p and went over to Pub 5 for lunch. I've been there several times and the food is great. Anyways, the 21 year old waitress was all bubbly and asked if we were in for the conference. I said yes and commented that everyone in the restaurant probably was. She said it had been busy and "all of your people have been really nice." LOL

I just laughed. She was completely innocent and sincere, but it stuck me as really funny. What did she expect? Did she think it was a KKK rally?
  • Like 5

...... She was completely innocent and sincere.....

Maybe she was conveying the realization that she had been lied to all of these years about "Us."

BTW, good seeing you and 221 Fireball at the meeting! 

Just got home about 6 this evening from Nashville. Yesterday was pretty crowded. Today not so bad. The exhibitors were great. One of the bits of information that I learned was that Para Ordnance is no more. The plant in South Carolina has been closed and all the equipment is in the process of being moved to a new location. When it opens Remington will be putting their name on the product that will be produced there. The little 9mm that cost them so much money either has been or will be out. They had some at the show for exhibit. Still looked like a piece of that brown smelly stuff and now it retails for $425. For $250 I might have been interested. For $425 I'll stick to my shield.

Only people that I could get to talk to me about the 22 rim fire shortage was the people that import ely. He told me that nobody is fooling with them because their are too small for anybody to mess with.

And the new plant Remington/Para is in Huntsville, AL.
My understanding is that Para's will be branded as Remington.

That's kind of a bummer. Not that I'm a huge Para fan, but I like the 6" LS Hunter 10MM for the money. I'm definitely NOT a Remington fan. The only one I had I hated, and I don't like the whole mess around the 700 trigger. Anywho, is it just me or is the "new" R51 still just simply the crappiest oversized 9mm pocket pistol ever? Feels like a slim version of a Ruger SR series in the hand, scratchy, gritty slide (both of the ones I picked up) and the thing is huge for a lo-cap 9mm. Terribly uncomfortable to hold and manipulate.

I don't get it... how many years has the Shield been out? Glock finally releases their single stack 9 and it's bigger with less capacity than the Shield (and I SERIOUSLY doubt it can improve much - if any - on the shooting ease and comfort of the Shield) and then there is that terrible R51. It makes no sense! These people are going backwards. At least Ruger kinda' refined the KelTec idea when they made the LCP and LC9. Unfortunately in that case there's so much polishing to be done in that regard I STILL don't really like the Ruger version. :/

The R51 and G43 are like if Porsche answered the new Ferrari 488 with a sleek new... minivan. Edited by musicman

And the new plant Remington/Para is in Huntsville, AL.
My understanding is that Para's will be branded as Remington.

Another thing that this man told me was they're going to have to find quality personnel to run the plant. He was hinting toward having problems with applicants passing a drug screen.