Worst brawl I think I've seen cops involved in

Sam1

This thing is a complete mess from top to bottom.  Not sure if one of those guys shot the cop or if he was just reaching for his gun and a second cop came over top and shot the perp.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnuSVQe8E4

Hope the cops are all ok

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 2

One of the police was shot in the leg as he fought to maintain control of his gun .  The police shot one of them and shot and killed another - looks like they didn't have a choice.

That could have taken a different turn - with multiple dead officers.  Funny that the perps were a family Christian band.

It's like those people were on one of those illegal drugs where nothing stops them.  Not tasers, not getting whacked in the head with a baton, not anything.  It looks to me like the police showed  much restraint.

Edited by Pete123
  • Like 4

WOW. What a mess.

Certainly was, that's for sure. I'll be interested in watching how this goes down, and getting the full story on it.

Side note for you, BJB. While strolling thru the Convention halls yesterday, I saw an old gentleman with a can similar to the twisted Applewoods I got from you. Couldn't get close enough to speak with him, but it sure reminded me of yours.

And by the end of the day, I wished I had one of mine along to forcibly move a few people out of the aisles as they stopped in the middle and stalled the flow.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

So, among the weirdness, without reading up on it, what was the deal with the one big chubby guy that was not a cop fighting the group too, he was the Walmart employee that called in being assaulted in the first place ... or something?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

this is such a bizarre scene.
did you notice that the shot officer racks the slide of his weapon several times and pulls the trigger. you can hear the "click" of the trigger.
then, when being tended to, appears to reload.

I would bet during the struggle the magazine release got hit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-shows-deadly-walmart-brawl-between-family-arizona-police/
News story if anyone is interested. ^
I can only imagine the feeling of having your gun taken from you. "Enoch" and "Jeremiah" ... nice Christian names.

That's the best report I've seen. That bunch must be a splinter of the Phelps bunch of Westboro Baptist Church crazies. Professing to be Christian does not make these types of people Christian. In my book anyway.
  • Like 1

So, among the weirdness, without reading up on it, what was the deal with the one big chubby guy that was not a cop fighting the group too, he was the Walmart employee that called in being assaulted in the first place ... or something?

- OS

edit: finally broke down and read story from suspicious' link:

Original caller was female, and yeah, "A Walmart loss prevention employee, whom Cottonwood police knew, was also key in preventing more harm being done to family members or the original four officers on the scene, Fanning said. The employee fought to protect the officers throughout the brawl."

- OS

- OS

He was the "Loss Prevention" employee of Walmart.

The story said the cops were called originally because one of the women pushed a female Walmart employee in the store bathroom. They had been camping in the parking lot for a couple days and cops had a previous encounter with them.

It seemed to me they were trying to question about the potential assault on the employee and they weren't having any if that
  • Like 1
Good grief. The cop on the ground that has been shot is covering himself and the cop working on him. They both showed a lot of restraint in not shooting the non-compliant dirt bag coming at them.

That video will be used in a lot of training seminars.