Just happened upon a Glock 43 today, wasn't even looking....

JKGlock17

Went to trade a gun with another member walked in the store after the deal walked out with the only 43 they had with 5 people standing behind wanting it. They had it for 2 hours and the manger didn't even know they had it when I checked out or he would have bought he said. Crazy though it's a cool gun and all but it's still just a Glock albeit a slim one. I mean don't get me wrong I have wanted a single stack 9 from Glock for a while but dang people are crazy over this gun. Not sure I get why?

It may be the only time I will concede to the practice of calling Glocks 'bricks."

I don't find it particularly comfortable. But the guys beside me yesterday were all gaga over it and eager to trade in their Shields.

I so badly wanted to offer them what the dealer did on trade in. lol

• Like 2

i am a glock man.  carry one every day.  but i just don't see it with the g43.  held one and it just to big for me.  there are other smaller single stack 9mm guns at a better price out there.  will i get one.  i might, but it will be sometime.  i will get a used one at a lower price.  

People are crazy for this gun because it's a new Glock. Hell, Glock put out a .380 that was as large as several 9mm options, and the fanbois still trampled all over each other to get one before they even it the shelves. Like the G42, you'll see many of the G43's hitting the secondary market almost as fast as they left the store shelves. Many will quickly realize that they only THOUGHT they just had to have the 43.
  • Like 1
Yeah, I suspect that a lot of people will buy and then trade or sell the G-43's they've hastily hustled up. That's the nature of new guns and I've been just as guilty as others here are or will be. I fully agree with the OP in that his new purchase is in the end "just another Glock". Truth is it's very own reality. Still I look forward to reading long term reviews and opinions on the pistol in question here.
The gun feels better than any singles stack 9 I have used or messed with, but I mean the design has kinda already been done. Glock is late to the party so that is why I don't understand what the hype is. Overall I would carry this single stack 9 over any other just because I like the way it feels. But if I didn't have it a Kahr is just as good, period.

Do you mind telling what the asking price was? I'm just curious, given all the frenzy about them lately. If ya don't, that's alright too. I haven't gotten to mess with one yet. But do give us a workout report when you can.

When I was young I had plastic guns, now they are made with steel.

We bow to your superior manhood.

I handled a 43. Won't be replacing anything in the safe with it, that's for sure. Edited by KKing

Do you mind telling what the asking price was? I'm just curious, given all the frenzy about them lately. If ya don't, that's alright too. I haven't gotten to mess with one yet. But do give us a workout report when you can.

Someone said they picked one up at Goodlettsville Gun Shop for $580 out the door. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide

Seems like it's the same thing every time a new, trendy pistol is offered to the public. Prices are all over the place.

Not that I've purposely looked at G43 prices, but as TripleDigitRide posted; that's about as low as I've seen on them. That would give most of us an approximate price of 515 otd. 

I'd rather buy another RIA for that money.

I actually handled one today. It feels slimmer in hand then the Shield or XDs 9 but the one I handled had a poor out of the box trigger. Couldn't say what the norm will be but will say that it feels better in hand then a G26 which was and interesting discovery. My prediction is this thing will kill the G42 and will cut into G26 sales. I'm not going buy one anytime soon but will think about it for a while. FWIW I wouldn't be in a hurry to dump a Shield or XDs9 just to buy a G43.