I took the plunge... My first CZ!

mhl6493

A CZ75 is on my wish list directly after an AR and would be next on the list if I didn't already have some nice 9mm's.  

I've heard someone refer to the CZ75 as the Browning Hi Power done correctly, and that's true as far as I can tell.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, no way I'd try to carry the 75B.  I could definitely see a Compact in my future...

Don't be totally deterred. I've carried a CZ 85 or 85B since the early 90's. It's not much different than carrying a 1911 or Hi Power; Suptayu, but entirely possible.

• Like 1

A CZ75 is on my wish list directly after an AR and would be next on the list if I didn't already have some nice 9mm's.  

I've heard someone refer to the CZ75 as the Browning Hi Power done correctly, and that's true as far as I can tell.

As much as it pains me...I do agree with you.

BUT ...STILL love my BHPs.

• Like 1
I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a jammomatic. I bought my first CZ 85 in 1992 and have had four others since and have only had one malfunction in all those years. It was caused by a damaged magazine, not the gun. So like I said, not to worry. If you'd like to know a little about how the CZ has changed over the years, there's a 99 cent Kindle book entitled "The Evolution of the CZ 85" that compares the Pre-B and B guns. It's at http://www.amazon.com/EVOLUTION-CZ-85-Jerry-Paregien-ebook/dp/B00DOPTMF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429474381&sr=8-1&keywords=the+evolution+of+the+cz+85+kindle+edition Edited by EssOne
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a jammomatic. I bought my first CZ 85 in 1992 and have had four others since and have only had one malfunction in all those years. It was caused by a damaged magazine, not the gun. So like I said, not to worry. If you'd like to know a little about how the CZ has changed over the years, there's a 99 cent Kindle book entitled "The Evolution of the CZ 85" that compares the Pre-B and B guns. It's at http://www.amazon.com/EVOLUTION-CZ-85-Jerry-Paregien-ebook/dp/B00DOPTMF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429474381&sr=8-1&keywords=the+evolution+of+the+cz+85+kindle+edition

Interesting... What is the difference between the CZ 75 and 85 series?  

Interesting... What is the difference between the CZ 75 and 85 series?

The CZ 85B is simply an ambidextrous CZ 75B, having a right side safety lever and slide stop lever. Also the '85B is only available in 9mm, whereas the '75B can be had in .40 caliber. That's about it. My wife is left handed and I always carry a gun she can handle too - finally bought her one of her own. She's about as big of a CZ fan as you're going to find. Edited by EssOne
  • Like 1

After giving 1911s a fair shake and trying my best to like the P220 grip, I got a 97 BD. I'm glad I did.

I wish they'd make P-01 size version.

What would you say is the difference between the p220 and 97 grips?  

What would you say is the difference between the p220 and 97 grips?

For me, the ergonomics is the first thing I noticed. Like the CZ 75 series, the 97 has that nattural point of aim that I love.

The way the grip fees in my hand is the 2nd thing I noticed. I don't know whaat the actual circumferences are, ,so I can only go by how they feel to me. With the thin aluminum grips a CZ 97 doesn't feel any bigger in my hand than a 1911. The P220, on the other hand, feels about as girthy as a Glock 21 in my hand.

I found myself having to readjust my grip more after each round with the P220. I think it needs some checkering or something. It could also be that for even for a single stack, it's just too wide for my hands.

edit: I forgot to mention...I'm a huge fan of decockers. CZ put theirs in the perfect spot and it works much easier. The P220 is too much of a reach for my thumb. Add the long vertical range of motion and I just can't operate it well with my strong hand. Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

After giving 1911s a fair shake and trying my best to like the P220 grip, I got a 97 BD. I'm glad I did.

I wish they'd make P-01 size version.

I did the same thing. I had a Ruger SR1911, but after firing BigK's 97 I was sold. I love Rugers but I had it sold off and bought a 97BD just a few months later. The felt recoil is much less and I was a lot more accurate with it.

I am also a huge fan of the deckocker. All of my CZ's are decockers with the exceptions of my 82 and Shadow which unfortunately is only available with a safety.

I REALLY want a stainless CZ but they don't come in a decocker model so I'll have to wait. I asked them about that at the NRA convention and their reply was that they had too many models already. Edited by netmindr
  • Like 2

I just shot my new P-01 this weekend. Ran like a top (as if it wouldn't). Grats on entering the world of CZ.

Have the 1st gen P-07 as well. If I had it my way, i'd own their entire lineup.

I ruined a perfectly good pair of pants at the CZ booth during the NRA convention...... and I wasn't even looking at Gabi their model!

• Like 1
I thought I saw a 97 for rent at Bud's so you could try if you're thinking about buying.

My 75B Omega was flawless over two days of light rain and a muddy deck.

Congrats on your purchase.

They certainly are CZexy. Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 1

I did the same thing. I had a Ruger SR1911, but after firing BigK's 97 I was sold. I love Rugers but I had it sold off and bought a 97BD just a few months later. The felt recoil is much less and I was a lot more accurate with it.
I am also a huge fan of the deckocker. All of my CZ's are decockers with the exceptions of my 82 and Shadow which unfortunately is only available with a safety.
I REALLY want a stainless CZ but they don't come in a decocker model so I'll have to wait. I asked them about that at the NRA convention and their reply was that they had too many models already.

Yes , a stainless 97BD would be the cat's meow ! Especially if it was compact .... Edited by Fourtyfive

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to yet.  It will probably be Friday before I can.  I'll definitely give a follow-up when I do.  I always have this paranoid fear that I'll be the one guy that gets the lemon and winds up with a jam-o-matic...  :nervous: But from everything I've read about this gun, and from the way it feels in my hand, I'm expecting nothing but 9mm bliss.

Well, any paranoia that I might have had about my new CZ possibly being an jam-o-matic were completely unfounded, as expected.  Took it to the range this morning and put 96 rounds of a mixture of various ball and hollow point ammo through it with no problems at all.  It truly is a pleasure to shoot, and is very accurate -- much more so than I am.  Definitely a winner in my book!

Well, any paranoia that I might have had about my new CZ possibly being an jam-o-matic were completely unfounded, as expected.  Took it to the range this morning and put 96 rounds of a mixture of various ball and hollow point ammo through it with no problems at all.  It truly is a pleasure to shoot, and is very accurate -- much more so than I am.  Definitely a winner in my book!

Good that it pleases you. All this talk is making me want to break out my 75 and go to the range instead of house and yard work today. lol
  • Like 1