E-file form1 for SBR timeline.

Just finished e-filing my form 1 for an SBR a few minutes ago. For anyone curious I will update how long it is currently taking. Another member told me he was seeing 30-45 days. I am about ready to see some spoils from all the cash I have put out just so I can have a smaller rifle...... :stunned:

Yup my most recent (E-Filed 2/7 took 59 days) .... Others are seeing 60-65 and it looks like week by week its getting longer

I think the 41P scare plus the sig brace deal has made alot of people want to file Form 1s Edited by mcordell
  • Like 1

Yup my most recent (E-Filed 2/7 took 59 days) .... Others are seeing 60-65 and it looks like week by week its getting longer

I think the 41P scare plus the sig brace deal has made alot of people want to file Form 1s

I agree.  I wonder how the ruling will affect already submitted applications. 

Guest JohnWayne'sBack

I'm exactly 4 months out from pending date on a Form 4 individual....the wait is killing me. I might not make it! Quick, call the NFA and tell them to approve my Form so ill live! Help!

Guest speciality_weapons
I was recently just approved on a Form 1, and it took exactly 60 days on the dot. I've heard of other people getting approved in tight at 30 days! Now, that is pretty sweet! Especially considering how long it took before EFORM. Another cool thing about the EFORM system is that once it's approved, you can automatically view and print your Form with Stamp. Über cool! Lol.

I was recently just approved on a Form 1, and it took exactly 60 days on the dot. I've heard of other people getting approved in tight at 30 days! Now, that is pretty sweet! Especially considering how long it took before EFORM. Another cool thing about the EFORM system is that once it's approved, you can automatically view and print your Form with Stamp. Über cool! Lol.

So do these stamps have some type of identifying number on them that ties it to my item or is it just a generic stamp? From everything I've been told carrying a copy of the paperwork with me whenever I go to the range isn't a bad idea but that seems like that would be easy to fake for someone.

So do these stamps have some type of identifying number on them that ties it to my item or is it just a generic stamp? From everything I've been told carrying a copy of the paperwork with me whenever I go to the range isn't a bad idea but that seems like that would be easy to fake for someone.

It's just a photo of the NFA stamp on your form which will also have "approved" and the examiner's digital signature at the bottom.  I wouldn't worry about someone trying to fake one.  Risk jailtime by faking an SBR?  No thanks. 

Get on the Silencer Shop website and they have a page with their "most recent" times on different forms I haven't looked this week but last week i'm pretty sure I saw 35 or 36 days wait time on their most recent (at the time) approval. It allso showed their latest form 3 coming back in less than 5 weeks but I heard from a friend that he got his form 3 wass approved 1 day after and it had taken 49 total so maybe i'm figuring wrong? Thats a bit disappointing that wait times are creeping back up again, I sort of thought I had a bit more time to put off my sbr and still have it approved about the same time that my suppressor will be getting out of "jail".

Get on the Silencer Shop website and they have a page with their "most recent" times on different forms I haven't looked this week but last week i'm pretty sure I saw 35 or 36 days wait time on their most recent (at the time) approval. It allso showed their latest form 3 coming back in less than 5 weeks but I heard from a friend that he got his form 3 wass approved 1 day after and it had taken 49 total so maybe i'm figuring wrong? Thats a bit disappointing that wait times are creeping back up again, I sort of thought I had a bit more time to put off my sbr and still have it approved about the same time that my suppressor will be getting out of "jail".

Hmmm I don't see anything about E-File form 1's on there. There is a weird message about the ATF not taking any more e-file submissions though. Hopefully it won't take too long for your suppressor. I'm anxious to see how you will like yours. I am eyeing the same model.

Hmmm I don't see anything about E-File form 1's on there. There is a weird message about the ATF not taking any more e-file submissions though. Hopefully it won't take too long for your suppressor. I'm anxious to see how you will like yours. I am eyeing the same model.

Lord I hope they've not pulled the Efile down again! If they did then y'all can all feel free to blame me because I started buying the parts to build my 300 sbr upper and that's just my luck!

Lord I hope they've not pulled the Efile down again! If they did then y'all can all feel free to blame me because I started buying the parts to build my 300 sbr upper and that's just my luck!

Nothing like that is mentioned on the ATF site. It's possible that Silencer Shop only means for Form 4's since that seems to be all they report on.

Nothing like that is mentioned on the ATF site. It's possible that Silencer Shop only means for Form 4's since that seems to be all they report on.

I just looked at the list and it's showing N/A beside "electronic form 4's". I saw the note you mentioned and it in fact is saying that everything has to be submitted by paper now so no more Efile until they bring it back online. Now I'm kicking myself in the arse for not going ahead and filing it!

I just looked at the list and it's showing N/A beside "electronic form 4's". I saw the note you mentioned and it in fact is saying that everything has to be submitted by paper now so no more Efile until they bring it back online. Now I'm kicking myself in the arse for not going ahead and filing it!

Well you will do a form 1 e-file for the SBR so I think you are good.

Well you will do a form 1 e-file for the SBR so I think you are good.

Efile in general is down so It doesn't matter which form you're filing. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing to allow them to catch up or restructure something to make it run smoother? Who knows. I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was necessary and not based on some anti 2A asshat causing problems. I don't remember who mentioned it above but I agree that the Sig Brace opinion change probably flooded the system and caused the increase in current wait times. I am glad that you got in there before they cut it off since that was your whole purpose behind getting the trust now rather than building as a rifle first. It won't hurt me to wait I guess.

Efile in general is down so It doesn't matter which form you're filing. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing to allow them to catch up or restructure something to make it run smoother? Who knows. I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was necessary and not based on some anti 2A asshat causing problems. I don't remember who mentioned it above but I agree that the Sig Brace opinion change probably flooded the system and caused the increase in current wait times. I am glad that you got in there before they cut it off since that was your whole purpose behind getting the trust now rather than building as a rifle first. It won't hurt me to wait I guess.

Are you just basing that off of there site? I can't find anything anywhere else that says it's down. Even the ATF efile site seems to be up and going. Unless it just gives you an error message when you try to file or something. I didn't file until the 18th of this month though so I was well into April. 

If you haven't you may go ahead and give it a shot.

Wrong.  Efile is not down for all forms.  You are still able to file a Form 1, for example.

Wrong. Efile is not down for all forms. You are still able to file a Form 1, for example.

I was basing on the announcement on Silencer Shop's website. I just realized that it's the 30th and the note on their website says "as of April the ATF will not be accepting new submissions via Eform". I guess I can file tonight when I get home and beat the "as of April" in case they are planning to shut it down. My only issue is that now the banks are closed so I can't get by to put money in my trust account. Guess i can just use the credit card. I really didn't want to do it right now but would rather go ahead than have to paper file if they do in fact shut Efile down.

Well I went ahead and submitted my form 1 tonight just in case they decide to pull efile down. I had my months off in my head and was thinking that tomorrow was the 1st of April instead of May. I looked back at the exact wording on the Silencer Shop page and noticed something that I had not noticed before. It sounds as if whoever was typing that was doing so sometime after April, I'm now wondering if that was just never taken down from last time they took E-file offline? Any of you more seasoned NFA guys remember if it was April when they pulled it last?

Well I went ahead and submitted my form 1 tonight just in case they decide to pull efile down. I had my months off in my head and was thinking that tomorrow was the 1st of April instead of May. I looked back at the exact wording on the Silencer Shop page and noticed something that I had not noticed before. It sounds as if whoever was typing that was doing so sometime after April, I'm now wondering if that was just never taken down from last time they took E-file offline? Any of you more seasoned NFA guys remember if it was April when they pulled it last?

Hey at least you got it done and don't have to worry about it now.  :pleased: From what I just googled it shows it went down in April of last year so that must be it. Just an old message they didn't take down.

I just can't believe I missed that sale. I mean I got a pretty good deal on my barrel but not as good as what you got. I am going adjustable though on the block so I don't feel as bad about it.

Hey at least you got it done and don't have to worry about it now. :pleased: From what I just googled it shows it went down in April of last year so that must be it. Just an old message they didn't take down.

I just can't believe I missed that sale. I mean I got a pretty good deal on my barrel but not as good as what you got. I am going adjustable though on the block so I don't feel as bad about it.

It was $59 if you didn't want the block or the tube and $9.99 more if you did. The regular price for the barrel is like $109 so that was a big savings. It's not a match barrel but they are made from ER shaw blanks and melanite coated. The specs looked very similar to CMMG Blackout barrels. I figured if it turned out to be a piece of crap (I doubt it) I'm only out $59.