E-file form1 for SBR timeline.

I can't imagine a scenario where there would be a problem with me having chosen AR15 as the model instead of TGO15.
The tax is paid, the serial number is listed correctly,the style of weapon is clearly an ar15, and caliber and length are listed correctly. I'm not worried about it. If the ATF is that niggling, then they've got too much time on their hands.

Unfortunately you're dealing with a gov buacracy and they have unlimited time on their hands. Chances are if you make contact with them and explain that you think you may have chosen the wrong option (you did) they will get you to someone that can help you amend your form 1 and not start your wait time over. If you wait until you get denied (you will be) you will almost certainly have to make the changes and start at the back of the line.

I don't think it will be denied.
Also, post denial I don't think you have to "start at the back of the line".

Well it's your form and time. I know it's never fun to deal with gov groups but I can't help but think it'll be an easier fix on the front end. I sincerely hope that it goes through without causing you any headache at all. Keep us posted.

I don't think it will be denied.
Also, post denial I don't think you have to "start at the back of the line".

The ATF certainly has too much time on their hands, if it's disapproved you do apparently start the process again, but don't take my word for it, I just read it earlier on in their newsletter about eforms.  :stunned:

From the January 2015 eForms Bulletin: “We cannot make changes to a submitted NFA eForm. If you make an error in the name or serial number, you will need to contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4500 and request the withdrawal of the form. You will then need to submit a new application. Please ensure that the information is correct upon submission.”

Source(page 9):

https://www.atf.gov/file/11726/download

In other news, after hours of reading ATF bulletins and guidelines, as well as several web guides I e-filed my first few form 1s under my new trust. . .  and so, the wait begins. . .

It took me 4 hours of trying to get online with the atf to finally be able to file another form 1.  After the morning rush I got on and it only took 10 minutes or so to file.  Now the hard part, waiting.  Thankfully I already have an SBR and some suppressors to keep me warm at night. 

major Kong, I asked that same thing to the ATF when I did my first SBR, he told me to send a letter into the atf with whatever configuration it maybe, that way you can change out uppers and be legal.  So, when I filed for my 300blk, I sent in a letter at the same time about the 223 upper.  Now I'm just making an sbr for the 223.

• Like 1
Below is the latest "ATF Online" email. My question is, if they actually think that the "president's" recent executive bs is going to go through, why are they still developing any efile related software? If they are to start requiring fingerprints on everyone then wouldn't that mean that everything would have to go the paper file route?

My dumba** read online that the eforms site was down somewhere so I never visited it to verify and started filling out a paper form 1.  You want to see the biggest cluster of misinformation that exists on the internet?  go read on how to fill out a form 1 under a trust.

Luckily Chip told me to go check the website and viola took a few minutes to get everything submitted.  Stupid me searched for a week on the paper form stuff.  I do need to pick up an AR lower to do a .300 sbr before all the crap changes.  might do that this weekend.

This is gonna be my first submission for an NFA item. My uncle has been guiding me through the areas I'm not sure about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what Chip sent, it's form 1's for dummies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbsltM3jyU

or if you want pics:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/441796_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS__New_Thread_.html

3-4 months about? Here is build this far. Already removed the stock from the lower and put that pistol buffer so I can enjoy it assembled :D
1abc7b05f3316efda0cb92f5cfa09561.jpg
Still waiting on my bcg and charging handle.

I don't want to get off topic, but I am having a problem with the pistol buffer tube I bought to use on my AR until I get my stamp of approval. It's machined like a "V" shape in the bottom just enough to hinder the bolt from engaging the lock tab. Idk if I can somehow cut that down. Don't really wanna spend $30-$40 on something I'll only use 3-5 months.

I don't want to get off topic, but I am having a problem with the pistol buffer tube I bought to use on my AR until I get my stamp of approval. It's machined like a "V" shape in the bottom just enough to hinder the bolt from engaging the lock tab. Idk if I can somehow cut that down. Don't really wanna spend $30-$40 on something I'll only use 3-5 months.

Explain further. What is a "lock tab"?

Perhaps you are trying to say that the buffer tube doesn't engage the buffer retainer pin? 

Or do you mean the buffer tube is somehow preventing the bolt from locking back using bolt hold open manually or with empty mag?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Explain further. What is a "lock tab"?

Perhaps you are trying to say that the buffer tube doesn't engage the buffer retainer pin?

Or do you mean the buffer tube is somehow preventing the bolt from locking back using bolt hold open manually or with empty mag?

- OS

]
I discovered that the pistol buffer tube isn't flat in the bottom like the magpul tube is, so the spring isn't sitting far enough back to allow the bolt to fully retract and engage the hold open.