E-file form1 for SBR timeline.

]
I discovered that the pistol buffer tube isn't flat in the bottom like the magpul tube is, so the spring isn't sitting far enough back to allow the bolt to fully retract and engage the hold open.

Flat part of a round tube? Magpul makes a tube? Still lost.

This ain't yer first AR is it? Meaning, is it possible you have a rifle length spring and/or buffer in the carbine length tube or something?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Flat part of a round tube? Magpul makes a tube? Still lost.

This ain't yer first AR is it? Meaning, is it possible you have a rifle length spring and/or buffer in the carbine length tube or something?

- OS

The lower was bought complete and it is my first pistol AR. My pistol buffer tube is the same length as the buttstock tube on the outside but internally the base where the spring sits is machined different. If it doesnt work for now it wont matter much because its just got to get me through until the tax stamp comes back.

The lower was bought complete and it is my first pistol AR. My pistol buffer tube is the same length as the buttstock tube on the outside but internally the base where the spring sits is machined different. If it doesnt work for now it wont matter much because its just got to get me through until the tax stamp comes back.

Well, dunno, only thing I can figure is that you have some screwed up out of spec buffer tube, then.

Every "pistol" tube I know of has essentially the same internal usable area for a carbine spring that a carbine length buffer tube does, except for a couple of the super shorty specialty ones that use their own proprietary springs.

One of my pistols uses KAK extended length buffer and one uses just a fairly generic one off eBay, but both have the same internal length for the spring function, both lock back fine.

Matter of fact, from a couple of years of haunting the ARFCOM AR pistol forum, have never even seen your type problem mentioned there at all. You might want to post in the Gunsmithing forum here or maybe over on the ARFCOM forum  too to see what else someone might figure out, but sure sounds like something a bit out of whack with that particular buffer tube to me.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like 4 months is about the going wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least for those getting stamps back right now... I've thought about SBRing my M92 PAP. I most likely still will but I imagine with the new rules taking effect in a few months submitting one now will have a bit longer wait time.

I believe simply creating a trust now grandfathers you in to the old methods, if what I have heard is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if you submit(postmark for paper, pending for e-file) prior to July when 41f takes affect. Then everyone(responsible person, not beneficiaries) in the trust has to send in fingerprints and photos for every submission.
If you have a trust, form 1 everything via e-file, NOW! I'm pending 3 now, will do 4more at least in next 30days. After that, I'll file as a individual.

Question: So now that I have the electronic copy of my approved form 1, the ATF will still send me the hard copy in the mail correct? If so, how long does that usually take?

Nope.  Print out the electronic copy.  I kept waiting to see it in the mail too.  LOL

I just got approved as well, well 3-4 months ago. Mine will be all titanium except for the all steel LID.

Mine is more of a do all rifle can all cones, will use Griffin .30 cal Taper mounts bored to size. Might have to make a taper to LiD adapter. I also have a 9mm pistol(all k's) only approval due up in 2-3wks that will direct mount to the LID. Both will be TI.
  • 4 weeks later...

Question on the eforms site.  Not sure if I noticed this before or not, but it looks like there is a permit number box populated.  Does that mean it's going through the process now, or is that something that populates as soon as you submit the paperwork?  Submitted form 1 in Jan, so I'm hoping it's getting close, wanna go shooting.  Just never paid attention to any of the specifics on the eforms site so that may have been there the entire time.

Question on the eforms site.  Not sure if I noticed this before or not, but it looks like there is a permit number box populated.  Does that mean it's going through the process now, or is that something that populates as soon as you submit the paperwork?  Submitted form 1 in Jan, so I'm hoping it's getting close, wanna go shooting.  Just never paid attention to any of the specifics on the eforms site so that may have been there the entire time.

Not sure, I'll have to check when I get home. I've never noticed it while checking my status.

If you have a control number AND it has a "date submitted" then it is being processed. Sometimes on form 1's you can submit and it can take 3-4 days for it to populate the "date submitted" column. But generally during that time they send an email letting you know it is "pending research" while they verify documents. This is generally for items that were not previously serial numbered like form 1 silencers or home built guns from like an 80% lower.

And anytime you need to contact them you need to include the control number because that is what they mainly use. In the past they would not take any action on mine unless I gave them the control number.

• Like 1