Picked up my Glock 43 today

I just picked up my new Glock 43 from Guns and Ammo.  While I was there I had them install TFX night sights on it, and just for good measure I grabbed another Gen4 Glock 19 with TFX night sights.  I can't wait to shoot it.

The holster is a Comp-Tac Infidel for the S&W Shield and fits like a glove.  I got the idea from Colion Noir.

20150421_155609_zpslj7mhpao.jpg

20150421_155829_zpsao01zqec.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going to have to pick up one of these G43's just to see if it's really worth all the rave or not.   :)

They feel good Dave but I've been down the newest released gun pathway enough times to be a bit jaded so I vicariously enjoy reading about others purchases. But FWIW I can't help but think a new 4th gen G19 paired with a G43 wouldn't bring a smile to anyone's face.

• Like 2

I'm going to have to pick up one of these G43's just to see if it's really worth all the rave or not.   :)

No offense to Link but I fondled the G43 and really wasn't impressed. I'm sure Glock will sell millions but the G43 doesn't have anything over the shield. 

No offense to Link but I fondled the G43 and really wasn't impressed. I'm sure Glock will sell millions but the G43 doesn't have anything over the shield.

No offense taken.

I own a Shield and a 42 as well as a variety of other Glocks. I almost always have a G30 or G19 on my waist. Those who have met me know that I'm a big guy, so getting the Shield, 42 or 43 in the pocket is not a concern. After getting the 42 and carrying it in gym shorts in the yard or around the house, I'm satisfied with it. The 43 will be another around the house, gym shorts pistol and may see limited duty when my wife has me scrub up and put on a suit.

I didn't purchase the 43 to replace anything. The 43 is just another option for me to consider when carrying.
  • Like 3

If I ever buy one, that's probably going to be the case for me.

I just like the Shield far too much to replace it completely.

Sure, the lure of another Glock is strong, but I hope to wait for better/lower pricing or get a used one. 

But the pull of a new Gen 4 G19 is very strong!!

• Like 1

Likewise.  If it was two years ago I would absolutely have a 43, but having carried a shield and invested so much money into it, I would really have to be impressed by the 43.

The wife and I just returned from the new Global Traing Academy gun range. We took (2) Glock 19s, Shield, G42 and the G43. We shot generic ball ammo purchased from the range. Remington practice ammo, Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty.

It was an uneventful trip. The 43 was flawless with all of the ammo and pretty accurate. No failures to report. I'll be shooting the 43 again soon since I can now get to a range without having to navigate the construction nightmare at I40/240.

To me, the G43 is not a Shield killer ( I reserve the right to change that opinion after more range time), but it's going to serve a purpose for my family.
  • Like 1

No offense taken.

I own a Shield and a 42 as well as a variety of other Glocks. I almost always have a G30 or G19 on my waist. Those who have met me know that I'm a big guy, so getting the Shield, 42 or 43 in the pocket is not a concern. After getting the 42 and carrying it in gym shorts in the yard or around the house, I'm satisfied with it. The 43 will be another around the house, gym shorts pistol and may see limited duty when my wife has me scrub up and put on a suit.

I didn't purchase the 43 to replace anything. The 43 is just another option for me to consider when carrying.

How is it compared to the 42? They look just alike in pictures. I love the size of the 42. Much easier to hide. I'm sure I would like the 43 as well

How is it compared to the 42? They look just alike in pictures. I love the size of the 42. Much easier to hide. I'm sure I would like the 43 as well

To me the size difference is obvious when compared to the 42. Though not much larger than the 42, the 43 looks and feels bigger. If they could have gotten the 43 down to the size of the 42, the 43 would have been exceptional.

The 43 won't be as easy to hide as the 42 ( Contrary to what some think, the 42 is a very small and concealable pistol, yet feels great in the hand), but it's very doable and IMO will be more concealable than the Shield. Not much recoil for such a small 9mm, but it was more noticeable after shooting the 42 which shoots almost as soft as a .22 pistol.

I have an iwb holster for the 43, but I think that it will spend most of its time in my Desantis pocket holster. Edited by LINKS2K