Early B-Day Present

Well wife came home late last night. I had a sneaking suspicion she was buying me a gift. Low and behold she got me a Glock 29. Ever since reading TGO David's post about 10mm underwood I've been thinking about getting one. I've really enjoyed my 26 so I thought a 29 would be a good fit. So far I love it. Gen 4 feels great in my hand and point perfect. Now to pick up some ammo and have a little range time!
4730B7FA-087E-48CE-A486-6DDB145F56D6_zps

Edited by Monkeyman2500
  • Like 9

Congrats on the wife and the gun! A good woman is worth her weight in gold,

If only that were true! We'd be millionaires. LOL he's a stinker but he deserves it. We were talking about 10mm ammo the other night after finishing The Walking Dead and he got a bit enthusiastic. It just got gears rolling. Yesterday at 2 I decided it was gonna happen. I settled on a Glock 29 (I might have had myself in mind too) and I made it to Mt. Juliet from Cookeville in a hour, purchase in 15 minutes an back home in a hour. Good planning, a lead foot and luck. :D like I said, he's a stinker, but he deserves anything and everything.
  • Like 3
The only Glocks I enjoy shooting are the subcompacts. I carried a 26 for a while until I found a gently used 33. I carry it pretty much every day in the summer.

In preparation for our trip to Alaska 2 years ago I looked high and low for a 20. A few weeks before we left I picked up a 29. It really is pretty fun to shoot. Full tilt Underwood and buffalo bore are a blast. Usually gets everyone's attention.

I still want to pick up a 20 someday to get a little more giddy up out of the full power stuff. I bought a couple of full size mags with the spacers for when I'm in the woods. It shoots well with a better grip. I even carry it IWB everyone and then. People who are used to my grumpy mug never understand why every once in a while I go around with a smile. Carrying a 10mm will do that for you.

Happy birthday and hug that girl of yours again. She sounds like a keeper...

We should do a TGO 10mm range day Edited by Mark A
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a funny thing happened on the way to my birthday...

We were going to go to Nashville today to shoot and pick up some ammo and stuff. Our very quiet road was very busy today so we checked with the neighbors and got the OK to shoot down on their property to avoid being far from home. Matt checked with a local store in Livingston on 10mm ammo and boy we got lucky in more ways than one!

They had a great price on 10mm so we scrambled over there to grab some. I looked at Matt and I said, we might be in trouble. If their ammo is reasonable I am terrified their guns might be. Matt got excited because he just got someone on the phone who was nice and personable. When we walked in it was nice and I went straight for the ammo. Somehow, I am not sure how, I got side tracked and I ended up over by the gun case. Ooops! Did I mention that we bumped into a fellow TGO'er? That was fun. He helped distract Matt with conversation while I filled out paperwork for my new purchase.

Long story short, I bought a lot of ammo for shooting today and I accidentally purchased a Glock 29 for myself. Because I need to make sure we don't get our 29's confused I just happened to grab one with a nickel-boron finish on the slide. Someone is jealous! I won't name names. It does rhyme with Schmonkey. Also, it was cool to meet someone from TGO too and also just really cool guys who work in the shop. We're customers for life. 

I did buy the gun not having shot the other 29 I got Monkey for his birthday but I did it thinking I would be ok with the recoil. Monkey was nervous but I gotta say, I LOVE IT. No regrets at all! 

Well a funny thing happened on the way to my birthday...

We were going to go to Nashville today to shoot and pick up some ammo and stuff. Our very quiet road was very busy today so we checked with the neighbors and got the OK to shoot down on their property to avoid being far from home. Matt checked with a local store in Livingston on 10mm ammo and boy we got lucky in more ways than one!

They had a great price on 10mm so we scrambled over there to grab some. I looked at Matt and I said, we might be in trouble. If their ammo is reasonable I am terrified their guns might be. Matt got excited because he just got someone on the phone who was nice and personable. When we walked in it was nice and I went straight for the ammo. Somehow, I am not sure how, I got side tracked and I ended up over by the gun case. Ooops! Did I mention that we bumped into a fellow TGO'er? That was fun. He helped distract Matt with conversation while I filled out paperwork for my new purchase.

Long story short, I bought a lot of ammo for shooting today and I accidentally purchased a Glock 29 for myself. Because I need to make sure we don't get our 29's confused I just happened to grab one with a nickel-boron finish on the slide. Someone is jealous! I won't name names. It does rhyme with Schmonkey. Also, it was cool to meet someone from TGO too and also just really cool guys who work in the shop. We're customers for life. 

I did buy the gun not having shot the other 29 I got Monkey for his birthday but I did it thinking I would be ok with the recoil. Monkey was nervous but I gotta say, I LOVE IT. No regrets at all! 

Congrats on the new pistol!

• Like 1