AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

Last week, I added my 3rd Romanian AES10B to the line up. I sourced it from the same gentlemen that sold me my 2nd AES10B. In addition to the rifle, we struck a deal for three Romanian rear loading 75 round drums in exchange for some ammunition. He was overjoyed to complete the transaction as the funds he received from the sale allowed for him to complete the restoration process of his beloved 1968 Chevrolet C10!

Without further ado, my AES10B's!

71C9AC91-4AEA-46FA-BACC-DCF422022CD6_zpsDD57A317-B58B-405B-A218-E56D64B2DE24_zps

Where can I find those and how much do those rifles run?

AK noob here. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Wow, I just want one! I must say, I think you may have a problem............  :sick:

I'd like to have his problem. Sick bastard.

:panic:

I beg to differ, my friends!  :ignore:

0C5DF867-4EDA-4A90-B661-A463AD3C2427_zps

Where can I find those and how much do those rifles run?

AK noob here. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage, your best bet is the secondary market (I.E. Armslist, GunBroker, etcetera.). Century Arms International (CAI) stopped importing them a few years ago. Pricing has increased rather significantly in the last year due to their rising demand. In recent months, AES10B's have cleared the $1K marker rather consistently + fetch anywhere from $1K-$1.3K on GunBroker.

All the best in your search!

I'm thinking I might go ahead and get the SB47 brace. :up:

Most excellent! I am interested in gaining your perspective on the SB47 brace after you put it through its paces!

• Like 2

I'm calling BS on this photo. It's obviously a Photoshop.... any gun owner in the world knows that Russian block weapons only stack like this

pile_o_guns.jpg

I'll have to agree. I had a trailer in Iraq that looked very similar to this. I got to digging around it one day and found 2 SA7s and a box of anti personnel mines.

Most excellent! I am interested in gaining your perspective on the SB47 brace after you put it through its paces!

I'm thinking I might go ahead and get the SB47 brace. :up:

I would seriously look at the Shockwave brace. It is so much nicer than the SB15, SB47 or the SBX, Lighter weight, thinner and just looks better. So far I like my Shockwave the best and I have had all the other braces by Sig.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Merry Christmas, TNGunOwners!

After a three-month buying hiatus, I am officially back in the saddle! I am closing out the year with the purchase of a Arsenal SLR107-34.

My newly acquired SLR107-34 is on the bottom of the photograph + the SLR107-31 is on top.

[url=http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/FABDE18A-FCBA-4403-99B5-E0ABD1B05568_zpseqdt9bth.jpg.html]FABDE18A-FCBA-4403-99B5-E0ABD1B05568_zps[/URL]

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

After much procrastination, I decided to move forward with the build on my Arsenal SLR107-34 this week. I ordered a UltiMAK M1-B optics mount rail to mount my AimPoint T1 2 MOA red dot sight. My dear friend Scott conducted the installation at the Nashville Armory on Thursday. The installation was rather seamless + dialing in the red dot was equally painless. At this point, all I am lacking to finish the build is a Haley Strategic Thorntail SBR light mount, a SureFire M300 mini scout light, + I will be good to go!

[url=http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/C5FF7AB7-7AF8-4982-B8B1-4C9BCECF5267_zpsqy03hdeq.jpg.html]C5FF7AB7-7AF8-4982-B8B1-4C9BCECF5267_zps[/URL]

[url=http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/8BCBAA70-5A1B-4865-A32F-F9365AF9CF35_zpsk0o9oq8k.jpg.html]8BCBAA70-5A1B-4865-A32F-F9365AF9CF35_zps[/URL]

In two weeks, I will pull my Arsenal SLR107-32 (plum variant) out of layaway via Atlantic Firearms. Aside from that, I have no AK purchases in the pipeline. 

Edited by Cartel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Midway through the month of January, I promised myself that I would purchase a Plum Arsenal 107 if Atlantic Firearms replenished inventory. I submitted a request to be notified when their inventory had replenished and within three days I received an email. Suffice it to say, I had a plum 107 on layaway within minutes of receiving the notification!

Before I move forward with my post, I want to commend Atlantic Firearms for consistently delivering on their end. Over the past two years, all of my questions have been answered in a timely manner + their shipping department is first rate. For example, my balance was satisfied on Sunday, I received a shipping notification on Monday, and it was delivered to my local gun shop by Wednesday morning. It was a joyous morning when I received this text message from my dear friend Mike at the Franklin Gun Shop in Franklin, TN.

C77BCF77-B8AF-4909-B93C-287A094009AB.png

Upon receiving the message, I was on the road within minutes! This is the first Arsenal 107FR that included the original factory box. My 107-31 that I purchased from Atlantic Firearms was sent in a rifle hard case + my 107-34 was purchased from an individual who only had the original manual and cleaning kit.

7D1073F1-3E02-4660-9FCD-3A393DDA830E_zps

Ladies + gentlemen, I present my Arsenal 107-32!

2FC69269-D0C8-4DCF-815C-5C5FD743F6FD_zps

She is absolute beaut! Bar none my favorite of 107's + a overall personal favorite in my collection. If any of you kind folks have a lead on a plum Bulgarian Circle ((10)) waffle magazine. Please let me know as that is the missing piece to complete my rifle!

107-32 x 107-31 x 107-34

2378B519-9C2B-4E5A-8342-615019632CAC_zps
  • Like 2

Midway through the month of January, I promised myself that I would purchase a Plum Arsenal 107 if Atlantic Firearms replenished inventory. I submitted a request to be notified when their inventory had replenished and within three days I received an email. Suffice it to say, I had a plum 107 on layaway within minutes of receiving the notification!

Before I move forward with my post, I want to commend Atlantic Firearms for consistently delivering on their end. Over the past two years, all of my questions have been answered in a timely manner + their shipping department is first rate. For example, my balance was satisfied on Sunday, I received a shipping notification on Monday, and it was delivered to my local gun shop by Wednesday morning. It was a joyous morning when I received this text message from my dear friend Mike at the Franklin Gun Shop in Franklin, TN.

C77BCF77-B8AF-4909-B93C-287A094009AB.png

Upon receiving the message, I was on the road within minutes! This is the first Arsenal 107FR that included the original factory box. My 107-31 that I purchased from Atlantic Firearms was sent in a rifle hard case + my 107-34 was purchased from an individual who only had the original manual and cleaning kit.

7D1073F1-3E02-4660-9FCD-3A393DDA830E_zps

Ladies + gentlemen, I present my Arsenal 107-32!

2FC69269-D0C8-4DCF-815C-5C5FD743F6FD_zps

She is absolute beaut! Bar none my favorite of 107's + a overall personal favorite in my collection. If any of you kind folks have a lead on a plum Bulgarian Circle ((10)) waffle magazine. Please let me know as that is the missing piece to complete my rifle!

107-32 x 107-31 x 107-34

2378B519-9C2B-4E5A-8342-615019632CAC_zps

How much do those cost?

Is the arsenal better than one of these?

http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/firearms/modern-rifle-us132z
  • 2 months later...
Two weeks ago, I discovered that this little gem that was being offered for sale locally. I, without hesitation, contacted the seller immediately. We came to terms on pricing and finalized the transaction yesterday. Best of all, I had the pleasure of connecting with a fellow local enthusiast.

Suffice it to say, I am extremely overjoyed with my purchase and for a variety of reasons. For starters, the rifle is an actual AK that was built by CUGIR in a Romanian factory. Secondly, the rifle is chambered in 22 LR. Last but not least, my nieces and nephews now have another option to shoot at the range.

Without further ado, I present my AKT-98!

3E58781E-EE1B-459B-967C-0E72DC7B4A48_zps
005C2578-4048-4BD3-97EF-A583EDABA04D_zps
42F58D60-CE09-4F6D-8144-3739F0953DEF_zps
25AE816B-92A0-42D3-9F29-364174689EAA_zps
Edited by Cartel
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

After much debate, I decided to have the barrel of my AKT-98 threaded. I had the pleasure of meeting with Robert Forbus at his shop this morning in Greenbrier, TN. Robert was highly recommended by the AK community and I was overjoyed to learn that he was local. Within an hour of arriving at his shop, Robert successfully threaded my barrel to 1/2x28. Robert was extremely accommodating + his attention is to detail is unparalleled. Having said that, I strongly recommend Robert for all of your barrel needs!

With further ado, my newly threaded AKT-98 + Dead Air Armament Mask 22 suppressor!

CE4543DA-39C4-4084-B487-8D5B9AF41E18_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2016 at 10:32 AM, k9wh91984 said:

A few upgrades on my Yugo M70

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You have excellent taste! Thank you for sharing, my friend!

On 7/13/2016 at 1:34 PM, gjohnsoniv said:

Does a box of Rpk parts count?  I'm in the middle of a hopefully unique Rpk build. 

By my measure, yes. What exactly are you building?

Edited by Cartel