AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

Two weeks ago, I purchased my very first parts kit. Fellow forum member Hershmesiter sold me a numbers matching Egyptian Crutch Kit. If all goes as planned, the build will commence in December. I ordered a Childers receiver last night and the lead time for delivery is 16-18 weeks. In the mean time, I am on the hunt for a virgin Romanian barrel.

image_zps04bthi1c.jpeg

In addition to the Egyptian Crutch Kit, I ordered a Romanian MOD 63 parts kit from Arms of America last week. As far as AK's are concerned, I placed a Romanian Draco on layaway via Atlantic Firearms two weeks ago. Once I have it in my possession, I will submit the paperwork alongside my PAP M92 to SBR the pistols. My AK buying has slowed down this year due to the fact that I have purchased eight suppressors before 41F took effect. In addition to the suppressors, I purchased a IMBEL parts kit + a IMBEL Gear Logo receiver that I will be sending off to Mark at Arizona Response Systems to build my first FAL. Last and but not least, I placed my dream rifle on a 90 day layaway last month. For those wondering, my dream rifle is a Knight's Armament Company (KAC) SR-25 EMC.

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Cartel said:

You have excellent taste! Thank you for sharing, my friend!

By measure, yes. What exactly are you building?

I'll just leave it at "a slightly modified RPK." The parts are Yugo though for that part of the information. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cartel said:

Two weeks ago, I purchased my very first parts kit. Fellow forum member Hershmesiter sold me a numbers matching Egyptian Crutch Kit. If all goes as planned, the build will commence in December. I ordered a Childers receiver last night and the lead time for delivery is 16-18 weeks. In the mean time, I am on the hunt for a virgin Romanian barrel.

image_zps04bthi1c.jpeg

In addition to the Egyptian Crutch Kit, I ordered a Romanian MOD 63 parts kit from Arms of America last week. As far as AK's are concerned, I placed a Romanian Draco on layaway via Atlantic Firearms two weeks ago. Once I have it in my possession, I will submit the paperwork alongside my PAP M92 to SBR the pistols. My AK buying has slowed down this year due to the fact that I have purchased eight suppressors before 41F took effect. In addition to the suppressors, I purchased a IMBEL parts kit + a IMBEL Gear Logo receiver that I will be sending off to Mark at Arizona Response Systems to build my first FAL. Last and but not least, I placed my dream rifle on a 90 day layaway last month. For those wondering, my dream rifle is a Knight's Armament Company (KAC) SR-25 EMC.

Wherever you work, I want to apply

You just described my Christmas list

• Like 1
On August 9, 2016 at 6:28 PM, 10Kilr said:

Wherever you work, I want to apply

You just described my Christmas list

For what it is worth, I am not married nor have children.

On August 12, 2016 at 8:25 PM, gjohnsoniv said:

I'm thinking you've got a problem.  The best kind of problem.

Guilty as charged!

On August 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM, shotgunshooter said:

Is this the support group?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes! Do you own any AK's, my friend?

Edited by Cartel
  • 3 weeks later...
On August 14, 2016 at 0:31 PM, shotgunshooter said:

I wouldn't own anything else. I think I've seen some of your posts on the AK forum.

Good man! I actively post on the AK Files + the AK Forum under the same handle.

On August 14, 2016 at 0:32 PM, TGO David said:

I love this thread! :)

My fiancée is in the minority!

• Like 1

I purchased a Draco via Atlantic Firearms last year + I sold it within the first week of having it in my possession. I used the funds to purchase a plum Arsenal SLR-107FR. I do not regret selling the Draco, but I eventually knew that I would have to replace what I sold. This past Sunday, I went through with my promise and I purchased a Draco from Atlantic Firearms. By Monday, I had already received my shipping confirmation and I picked her up from my FFL this afternoon. A special thank you is owed to Atlantic Firearms for their lightning quick shipping and their flawless track record with me over the years. They are highly recommended in my books!

Last and but not least, I will be submitting my paperwork to Form 1 the Draco alongside my PAP M92 by the end of this week. Once my paperwork has been approved, I will be adding a triangle side folder to the Draco + a underfolder to the PAP M92. 

9C3106C2-DFF3-4CD8-B95D-7A4C5A99DAB2_zps

933EF78E-F929-429A-B664-130878FF14BD_zps

I am replicating this exact build for my Draco. I ordered my Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor from Capitol Armory on Tuesday night. The Wolverine PBS-1 is aesthetically patterned after the original PBS-1.  

41AE1F95-537F-4D82-AFBD-70D3DC74BFA0_zps

Dead Air Armament Wolverine PBS-1

A3385B6B-3B6C-48EC-839F-A1724AB2BB2A_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

Is that muzzle brake a Manticore Arms?

Looks like the Manticore Eclipse. Which is a flash hider, not a brake. But it really really works, amazing actually, from huge fireball to really no flash at all.

ma_website_photos_049.jpg

Edited by Oh Shoot
53 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

I'm stumped between putting a muzzle brake like a two chamber or some sort of flash hider on mine.

If it's a 10" barrel, and you ever shoot it low light, you'll likely opt for the latter. :) 

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
1 hour ago, shotgunshooter said:

I'm stumped between putting a muzzle brake like a two chamber or some sort of flash hider on mine.

Not really enough recoil to me to need a brake. But it needed a flash hider pretty bad since it threw balls of fire.

Edit: See my avatar....

Edited by JohnC