AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

Hope it's okay to post my own recent purchases here.

Well, I bought a PSA AK-47 Gen 2 after seeing the AK Operators Union give it a very favorable review after it survived the gauntlet and accuracy tests. I picked up the base model and immediately had to strip it down. 

353vOI.png

I tuned it slightly by polishing the slide ramps and hammer face then put some American made refinished dark red furniture on it. The furniture needed quite the fitting on it all, but I got it to work. In the end, I think it looks great! Now to the range...

QwRm1B.jpg

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, Mindless-Focus said:

Well, I bought a PSA AK-47 Gen 2 after seeing the AK Operators Union give it a very favorable review after it survived the gauntlet and accuracy tests. I picked up the base model and immediately had to strip it down. 

353vOI.png

I tuned it slightly by polishing the slide ramps and hammer face then put some American made refinished dark red furniture on it. The furniture needed quite the fitting on it all, but I got it to work. In the end, I think it looks great! Now to the range...

QwRm1B.jpg

A little too red for my tastes, but the rifle looks good. Let us know how it handles. I've been looking at the PSA version as well.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
On 10/30/2016 at 1:05 PM, Mindless-Focus said:

I was thoroughly impressed with the performance of the PSA AK-47 Gen 2 in the AK Operators testings as well. Your rifle looks great! Thank you for sharing, my friend.

Edited by Cartel

In the first week of September, I purchased a Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor from the good folks at the Capitol Armory. I received an email yesterday stating that the Form 3 transfer to my dealer had been approved.

It is with great pleasure that I present to you the Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 Suppressor, my friends!

B1F3C0E2-C426-4F0B-9823-503968DE1643_zps

Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 x Romanian AES-10B RPK.

E4B281DA-9767-4A4F-B4EA-426530A451BB_zps

BEAFBEC4-945A-4EFF-8A56-FE0151755580_zps

Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 x Romanian WASR 10

2BF0B4CA-6727-448A-B2E4-BF3305D3A102_zps

A special thank you to the Capitol Armory for sending out my suppressor yesterday afternoon via the overnight shipping option. They had a very small window to work with but they made it happen. Their customer service is truly exceptional. As a result, they have earned my business moving forward. As always, I greatly appreciate the Nashville Armory for squaring me away!

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 4

Capital is who I've used for my Dead Air. They treated me very well. How hard was is to have to hand the can back over? 

I just picked up my very last firearm for a while. I put a C39 Micro AK pistol on layaway a bit ago. Paid it off and picked it up today. Usa gonna be a dedicated truck gun. 

Edited by Mindless-Focus
  • Like 2
On 11/4/2016 at 2:55 PM, Mindless-Focus said:

Capital is who I've used for my Dead Air. They treated me very well. How hard was is to have to hand the can back over? 

I just picked up my very last firearm for a while. I put a C39 Micro AK pistol on layaway a bit ago. Paid it off and picked it up today. Usa gonna be a dedicated truck gun. 

Which Dead Air can did you purchase from Capitol Armory? They are truly first rate, my friend! It was awfully difficult but I am thankful that I have the opportunity to shoot her whenever I please as she sits in transfer.

Outstanding! Do you have photographs of your C39 Micro that you can share with us? Are you modifying it in anyway?

Edited by Cartel

I picked up the Sandman S from them for my Tavor and an SBR. This particular FFL won't let me hold or see it until the Form 4 comes back. 

Ill try and take pics of both the VEPR and C39 Pistol tomorrow. The ultimate plan was to SBR the micro and I'll eventually get the PBS-1 and throw it on there. I'd put a Khyber pass style stock in it if possible. 

On 11/6/2016 at 10:09 AM, Mindless-Focus said:

I picked up the Sandman S from them for my Tavor and an SBR. This particular FFL won't let me hold or see it until the Form 4 comes back. 

Ill try and take pics of both the VEPR and C39 Pistol tomorrow. The ultimate plan was to SBR the micro and I'll eventually get the PBS-1 and throw it on there. I'd put a Khyber pass style stock in it if possible. 

How do you like your Sandman S thus far?

Are you still planning on the SBR route for your Micro? I submitted my paperwork to SBR my PAP M92 last month.

54 minutes ago, Cartel said:

How do you like your Sandman S thus far?

Are you still planning on the SBR route for your Micro? I submitted my paperwork to SBR my PAP M92 last month.

Sorry for lack of posts or pics. I'm  preparing for my son to come soon and just recently moving into a new house. 

I don't know about the Sandman yet. Never actually shot one yet. The shop it's in jail at doesn't let us come by and look at it. I went with it after seeing reviews and I love the attachment method. 

I will SBR it eventually. Need to play with it for a bit. I want to put a  khyber pass style triangle folder on it. I also want to get a the PBS -1. That'll be first tho. Want to pick up the SLR 104 too. Give me a big and I'll probably put one on 90 day as well. 

Im becoming obsessed with AKs now. This isn't healthy. 

Edited by Mindless-Focus
  • Like 1
On 11/9/2016 at 2:54 PM, Mindless-Focus said:

Sorry for lack of posts or pics. I'm  preparing for my son to come soon and just recently moving into a new house. 

I don't know about the Sandman yet. Never actually shot one yet. The shop it's in jail at doesn't let us come by and look at it. I went with it after seeing reviews and I love the attachment method. 

I will SBR it eventually. Need to play with it for a bit. I want to put a  khyber pass style triangle folder on it. I also want to get a the PBS -1. That'll be first tho. Want to pick up the SLR 104 too. Give me a big and I'll probably put one on 90 day as well. 

Im becoming obsessed with AKs now. This isn't healthy. 

Need not apologize, my friend. Prayers for a safe and healthy delivery of your son.

That is most unfortunate! When did you submit your paperwork? I went ahead and ordered a Sandman-S through the Capitol Armory. I needed to fill that void of now having a 30 Caliber can.

Although I am attaching an underfolder stock to my PAP M92. I personally believe the triangle stock looks best. I cannot recommend the Wolverine PBS-1 enough. If you are ever in Nashville, you are more than welcome to shoot my rifle with Wolverine PBS-1 attached.

It is a slippery slope, my friend!

59 minutes ago, Cartel said:

I drank the Kool-Aid and I purchased my first VEPR. I placed the rifle on layaway through Atlantic Firearms nearly 45 days ago, paid the balance off last Tuesday, and it was in my hands by the following Tuesday. A special thank you to Atlantic Firearms for their stupendous processing + handling of my rifle.

6284C56B-8D76-4735-8DFD-CCA009681FE8_zps
BC6356CF-4F66-4CBA-8889-947BD9F02DAC_zps

I am beyond impressed with the fit and finish of the rifle. I now understand the popularity behind the VEPR series of rifles. They are truly built to a higher degree of quality. I plan on leaving the rifle in sporter configuration due to the fact that I have a Molot FM-AK47-11 on layaway via K-Var. Thank you for the quality recommendation, my friends!

After waiting 231 long days, I received my tax stamp for my Dead Air Mask suppressor this week. This particular can will spend most of its time affixed to my Romanian AKT-98. I am ordering a RS Regulate side mount + Primary Arms Micro Dot to complete the build. I purchased the rifle for my nieces and nephews to shoot but I find myself shooting it the most. It is a pretty sweet shooter. I would like to add a WASR 22 + a KK-95 RPK into the fold.

D38BD1F8-70B8-4714-AAE3-24CBFB9F8DE0_zps

Dead Air Mask x Romanian AKT-98

EC9657BD-8904-4051-9FF9-FC5656708B68_zps

Very nice collection. Will you adopt me?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, hipower said:

It was very briefly. lol At least I got to look at the pics.

I really cannot decide between the PSA MOE rifle and the Century C39V2 MOE.  Thankfully I don't feel rushed to make a decision, so I am going to ponder it some more until one of the two ends up in my possession.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I really cannot decide between the PSA MOE rifle and the Century C39V2 MOE.  Thankfully I don't feel rushed to make a decision, so I am going to ponder it some more until one of the two ends up in my possession.

That's an easy one. PSAK-47. For one, it's better quality. Century can be really hit or miss. C39v2 is milled if I'm remembering right. It's  going to a little heavier. The C39 also used some proprietary parts and some dimensions are nonstandard so you'd have to look for some work arounds for some accessories and their optic rail is proprietary.

PSA really did their homework when they made their AK. They took the best features of the various versions like the Bulgies and Russians and combined it into one. 

Id really recommend checking out AK Operators Union on YouTube. They put all the brands and variants through their paces. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

1 hour ago, Mindless-Focus said:

That's an easy one. PSAK-47. For one, it's better quality. Century can be really hit or miss. C39v2 is milled if I'm remembering right. It's  going to a little heavier. The C39 also used some proprietary parts and some dimensions are nonstandard so you'd have to look for some work arounds for some accessories and their optic rail is proprietary.

PSA really did their homework when they made their AK. They took the best features of the various versions like the Bulgies and Russians and combined it into one. 

Id really recommend checking out AK Operators Union on YouTube. They put all the brands and variants through their paces. 

What MindlessFocus said. I haven't seen it yet, but word from a friend is that it's great.

10 hours ago, Mindless-Focus said:

The only minor carp I have with my PSA MOE one is that using the MagPul forend, they had to nix the traditional sling clip on the gas block hand guard retaining plate, so you have to add your choice of gizmo to the fore end if you want to sling it. I used a QD adapter, but putting it in most forward position touches left hand when shooting (even without sling loop attached) and is a bit irritating, and putting it further back doesn't balance well with actually carrying it unless you carry the AK upside down, but again, a small gripe overall I guess.

img-TLUSW001.gif

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mindless-Focus said:

So, I decided to modify my 5.45 VEPR. Had to modify my handguard to work since VEPRs are beefy. Not the best pic, but it'll do for now. 

IEAXdO.jpg

Very nice! I really like the looks of the minimalist stock, and the color change with the FDE is great.

good work.