AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

I purchased my first Egyptian rifle yesterday. It was a very unexpected purchase, my friends. My dealer called me yesterday to inform me that my Childers receiver had arrived. As luck would have it, they took in the Egyptian MAADI (Intrac) in a deal hours prior to my arrival. I inspected the rifle, we came to terms on a price, and the rest was history. In addition to the rifle, I recieved the original 5 round magazine, 30 round East German, 40 round Chinese flatback, operation manual, + final inspection certificate.

I have decided to liberate this rifle from its post ban configuration. Therefore, I am in seek of a MAADI brown grip + matching MAADI lacquer wood stock. Please let me know if you have any of the aforementioned pieces for sale or have a lead.

Without further ado, I present to you my Egyptian MAADI (Intrac)!

35956913520_32b9290fda_o.jpg

35518124674_b95b512bfa_o.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 5
19 hours ago, Cartel said:

I purchased my first Egyptian rifle yesterday. It was a very unexpected purchase, my friends. My dealer called me yesterday to inform me that my Childers receiver had arrived. As luck would have it, they took in the Egyptian MAADI (Intrac) in a deal hours prior to my arrival. I inspected the rifle, we came to terms on a price, and the rest was history. In addition to the rifle, I recieved the original 5 round magazine, 30 round East German, 40 round Chinese flatback, operation manual, + final inspection certificate.

I have decided to liberate this rifle from its post ban configuration. Therefore, I am in seek of a MAADI brown grip + matching MAADI lacquer wood stock. Please let me know if you have any of the aforementioned pieces for sale or have a lead.

Without further ado, I present to you my Egyptian MAADI (Intrac)!

478DD8F0-9AFA-4919-B21D-5C2B2DA6176E_zps
EBE2E3B2-3F12-4391-96CC-C1428A37E291_zps
1504F0D6-E8B3-4532-B912-52669E9F58FE_zps
C67B627E-0FDE-4D24-AB6F-377D9F8AFB27_zps

Congratulations! I am soooo very envious. She looks great!

On 12/17/2016 at 10:22 PM, Mindless-Focus said:

So as a post ban, does it have a welded thread protector or was it never threaded? 

This particular rifle has a threaded barrel with a muzzle nut tack welded on.

On 12/18/2016 at 8:27 AM, peejman said:

Cool. A friend has an old MAADI with trench art on the stock. 

I would love to see photographs of your friends rifle!

On 12/18/2016 at 9:39 AM, hipower said:

Congratulations! I am soooo very envious. She looks great!

The opportunity to buy could not have presented itself at a better time. I was at my dealer to pick up my Childers receiver that I ordered in anticipation for my upcoming Egyptian Crutch kit build. Once the build is complete, they will make for an excellent pair by having a fixed stock + side folder variants.

Edited by Cartel
  • 2 weeks later...

All these AK's are dangerous for me to look at! Impressive collection and if I keep on the way I have been, I'll be getting close to your collection in number. Funny thing is that I swore I would never own one. Just out of principle being an OIF Army vet. I shot one at the range and couldn't believe how much fun they were to shoot! Still need to pick up a 74 or 2 to add to my collection. Those Arsenal's are freaking sweet!

• Like 1
On 12/29/2016 at 0:04 AM, JoeCorrado said:

All these AK's are dangerous for me to look at! Impressive collection and if I keep on the way I have been, I'll be getting close to your collection in number. Funny thing is that I swore I would never own one. Just out of principle being an OIF Army vet. I shot one at the range and couldn't believe how much fun they were to shoot! Still need to pick up a 74 or 2 to add to my collection. Those Arsenal's are freaking sweet!

Thank you for the kind remark. It can be a slippery slope, my friend! Prior to my buying frenzy that started last year, I owned a WASR 10, Saiga 12, + a VEPR 12. I traded the WASR 10 + Saiga 12 for a PS-90 and I sold the VEPR 12 to help fund another property. I went nearly two years before I added another AK to the arsenal. I scratched that itch in January 2015 with a SOC Contractor WASR 10 from Atlantic Firearms. While attempting to learn more about the rifles provenance, I discovered the AK Files. The rest is as they say is history!

That makes two of us, my friend! I am honestly surprised that I have not dipped into the world of 74's yet. At the top of the list is a Arsenal SLR-104FR, but I would have no reservations owning a SAR-2 or a WASR-2.

Please let me know if you are ever in Nashville. I would be delighted to take you to the range to shoot. I have a niece that is enrolled at UTC and we visit her rather frequently. I will advise you prior to my next trip and perhaps we can coordinate a time to shoot.

Happy New Year, my friend! 

On 12/31/2016 at 2:28 PM, Steve32 said:

A family divided! What rifle is on the left, my friend?

Edited by Cartel

Happy New Year, my friends!

Prior to the Christmas holiday, I posted a WTB ad on various forums with hopes of finding an Egyptian military butt stock. I need it to begin the de-ban process for my recently acquired Intrac Maadi. I received a message for a complete stock set days after the Christmas holiday. The seller had six stock sets at one point. He originally set it back to use for a future project but it never materialized. Fast forward to this week, I received the stock set and my rifle is one step closer to being liberated from its post-ban configuration!

35504203253_0f64fc2a54_o.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3

A Maadi is definitely on my list of ones to get. In a perfect world it would be a Styer import. I can dream but they're few and far between. I've seen/had my hands on 2 and they went for $$$ on Gunbroker and a shop I worked at a few years ago for consignment sales.

First I need a Kassnar imported SA85M fixed stock to go with my underfolder.

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2017 at 10:38 PM, Mindless-Focus said:

Took my first AK, which was a ban era rifle, and decided to spruce it up. It was all boring and black polymer, so I bought odds and ends from AK Files and made a Mishmash rifle. Not as bored with it anymore. 

MUqB2N.jpg

Sweet stick, those cheese grater hand guards are sweet. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many of you have walked into your local gun shop looking for something specific and walked out with a new pistol or rifle instead? In my case, I stopped by my LGS to purchase a bipod for one of my rifles and I walked out with a Romanian SAR-3 instead.

35956913160_986d7e204f_o.jpg

35504204513_471316925d_o.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 2
On 4/5/2017 at 11:11 AM, KahrMan said:

Dude, you have a serious problem.  

And I love it. :D

Guilty as charged!

On 4/5/2017 at 11:28 AM, MP5_Rizzo said:

Yes he does.  If he was normal, he would have left there with a bipod and the rifle. :D

Touche!

On 4/5/2017 at 1:11 PM, peejman said:

Nah, "forgetting" the bipod just means he has to go back tomorrow...   :)

Bingo!

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 2

Nice AK's fellas!

I need to pick up a couple more myself.

Anyone know if RWC aka Saiga is back up?

I know they had a lot of new stuff coming out, but I've not seen anything produced yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Nice AK's fellas!

I need to pick up a couple more myself.

Anyone know if RWC aka Saiga is back up?

I know they had a lot of new stuff coming out, but I've not seen anything produced yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They moved to Florida if I remember correctly. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on new stuff from them. It's been a constant pain waiting on promised products from them since they moved some operations to the US.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I bit the bullet and I bought my first 74!

Arsenal SLR104-UR

36217126251_1bf73b694e_o.jpg

35545671663_2a1cd17d49_o.jpg

By this time next year, I will have my rifle back from Rifle Dynamics with the following work completed.

- Cut + crown barrel to 8"
- Custom porting to optimally run my Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor
- Tune recoil system
- Norrels Moly-Resin flat back finish
- UltiMAK M13 Krink Rail
- ALG AKT-EL
- Bulgarian triangle stock

Once I have the rifle back in my possession, I will drop a Aimpoint T2 + a Surefire M300 Scout Light into a Haley Strategic Thorntail SBR light mount.

My rifle will look very similar to my friends (9minded on Instagram) RD 104UR. The key difference between our builds is a 8" barrel chop + Wolverine PBS-1 versus 9" barrel chop with a Dead Air QD mount to run his Sandman S. Aside from that, our rifles will be identical.

36217126261_d24f4bf75c_o.jpg

36217126321_b743a0cd1c_o.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3