AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

19 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Sexy...

One day I'll start messing with aks, but for the moment I have another project cooking. 

Thank you!

What do you have cooking?

16 hours ago, Garufa said:

Is latch for side-folding stock, comrade.

You are right on the money, my friend!

• 1 month later...

I received a phone call from K-Var two weeks ago to remind me that I had a FM VEPR 47 on layaway. I placed the Vepr on layaway when they initially launched and I completely forgot that I did. They allowed me to keep my deposit and pay off the balance. I want to thank K-Var for squaring me away when I had lost all hope of purchasing a FM Vepr at the pre-panic price of $999.99.

36205771801_109298704e_b.jpg by

• Like 4

I bought a WASR 22 this past Sunday off of GunBroker and it was delivered to my FFL on Friday.  I dumped the factory furniture with the Dragunov style stock with a Romanian SAR stock set that I recently purchased.

35698947634_8f495c8a54_c.jpg

36138485780_a498625ece_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Administrator
On 8/3/2017 at 2:10 PM, Cartel said:

I received a phone call from K-Var two weeks ago to remind me that I had a FM VEPR 47 on layaway. I placed the Vepr on layaway when they initially launched and I completely forgot that I did. They allowed me to keep my deposit and pay off the balance. I want to thank K-Var for squaring me away when I had lost all hope of purchasing a FM Vepr at the pre-panic price of $999.99.

I kind of hate you right now. :)

I had a chance to order a VEPR 47 a few months ago and foolishly let the chance slip by.

• Haha 1
On 8/13/2017 at 6:42 AM, TGO David said:

I had a chance to order a VEPR 47 a few months ago and foolishly let the chance slip by.

I was smiling from ear to ear when I received that phone call! The timing was perfect because they increased the price on the FM VEPR rifles by $200 the following week.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dolomite_supafly said:

I just bought a Vepr 12. Factory built with the folder that actually folds instead of one that is welded open. Get them while you can because they are going fast.

Did you purchase it locally or online? You inspired me to place a factory folding VEPR 12 on layaway this morning! I had one when they initially released, sold it to purchase a second home, and I have wanted one ever since.

• Like 1
On 8/13/2017 at 6:42 AM, TGO David said:

K-Var has the FM VEPR 47 + 74 back in stock for the low price of $1,399.99!

36532989971_c2b31ae9db_z.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dolomite_supafly said:

I just bought a Vepr 12. Factory built with the folder that actually folds instead of one that is welded open. Get them while you can because they are going fast.

I am back in the saddle! 

In late 2012, I purchased one of the first VEPR 12's that were imported with the wooden butt stock. I foolishly sold it a few years ago and I have wanted to fill that void ever since. I finally scratched that itch last week and I bought a factory folding model from Atlantic Firearms. I paid for the rifle this past Thursday, it shipped the following day, and I picked it up from my dealer yesterday afternoon. My hats off to Atlantic Firearms for another flawless transaction!

37027437782_9083115dfd_z.jpg

36801839850_330ed29d03_z.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I purchased my second Romanian AKT-98 off GunBroker last week for $400. The rifle is complete with the original box, cleaning kit, manual, sling, + test target. 

37449300876_8b61aa945e_z.jpg

37449300806_a9cef5805d_z.jpg

37449300716_3570762188_z.jpg

I stopped by the Franklin Gun Shop last week to pick up a rifle and I came across something I have yet to see in the wild. The price was right and I put her on layaway yesterday.

NIB GEN 1 Polish Beryl Archer

23627770528_9a392f2716_z.jpg

23627771058_39242b7ec1_z.jpg

23627770658_dbb682dd74_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 12:17 PM, Cartel said:

I bit the bullet and I bought my first 74!

Arsenal SLR104-UR

36217126251_1bf73b694e_o.jpg

By this time next year, I will have my rifle back from Rifle Dynamics with the following work completed.

- Cut + crown barrel to 8"
- Custom porting to optimally run my Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor
- Tune recoil system
- Norrels Moly-Resin flat back finish
- UltiMAK M13 Krink Rail
- ALG AKT-EL
- Bulgarian triangle stock

Once I have the rifle back in my possession, I will drop a Aimpoint T2 + a Surefire M300 Scout Light into a Haley Strategic Thorntail SBR light mount.

My rifle will look very similar to my friends (9minded on Instagram) RD 104UR. The key difference between our builds is a 8" barrel chop + Wolverine PBS-1 versus 9" barrel chop with a Dead Air QD mount to run his Sandman S. Aside from that, our rifles will be identical.

She's back from Rifle Dynamics!

37957639245_dfabd445ea_z.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 5
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 1:02 AM, Cartel said:

I bought a WASR 22 this past Sunday off of GunBroker and it was delivered to my FFL on Friday.  I dumped the factory furniture with the Dragunov style stock with a Romanian SAR stock set that I recently purchased.

VERY NICE! Bit envious. I have been wanting a WASR 22 for some time.

• 6 months later...

Man, @Cartel you're quite the AK collector! I only have one, but I love it. Bought it as a 1969 Polish parts kit and used an 80% receiver. It was a lot of work, especially since it came with a new barrel so I had to do my own pinning of the barrel and headspacing on top of the drilling and riveting of the receiver. I eventually found a period correct Polish bayonet for it, so with the rifle finally "complete", I had to mark the occasion by watching Red Dawn with the AK on display!

red-dawn-ak.thumb.jpg.53232d75d1a7088cafcf91aa33cfbe38.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...