AK AK AK AK AK

Cartel

How do you AK guys like the MAGPUL AK mags?

I picked up two at Goodlettsville Gun Shop when I did my transfer on the AK Pistol. They seem a bit easier to get in and out than the steel mag. But just wondering how reliable they are being polymer.

I picked up two at Goodlettsville Gun Shop when I did my transfer on the AK Pistol. They seem a bit easier to get in and out than the steel mag. But just wondering how reliable they are being polymer.

Eh, I'll wait for the steel reinforced mags. AK's and poly mags tend to not be good pairings no matter how good the polymer is. Rear lugs break to easy. Fine for range mags but go easy on them.
  • Like 1

Eh, I'll wait for the steel reinforced mags. AK's and poly mags tend to not be good pairings no matter how good the polymer is. Rear lugs break to easy. Fine for range mags but go easy on them.

The steel mag it came with feels really strong. The MAGPUL mags feel a bit fragile in comparison. That's why I asked.

The AK Pistol was supposed to come with two steel mags, but when the FFL opened the box there was only one, so I grabbed those two poly MAGPUL mags for spares.

Any idea where I can buy these steel mags like what came with the gun? Edited by JohnC

And the trigger is horrible. That's my only complaint. But maybe AR triggers have spoiled me and this is normal for an AK?

Meh, it's certainly not a "precision" trigger but I don't gripe about it much, it's not a "precision" firearm. It does stage, once you take up tension, at least ya know where it's ready to fire, once you're used to that it suffices pretty well IMO.

Far as polymer mags, the Tapcos work fine and they make the only 20 round ones (I like 20s best in both AK and AR) except for surplus Hungarian tanker mags (pricey) or new Korean ones (iffy).

But mostly I have surplus commbloc metal 30 rounders, mostly mixture of Romanian and Yugo (Yugo has hold open bolt on last round). Widely available online, 8-15 clams each depending on sales or quantity.

sgammo.com periodically a very good place to score them, especially in 10 packs. For a while there SportsmansGuide had the Yugo ones for under 10 clams each, haven't looked in a while. Etc.

The new manufacture 75 round Romanian drum is nifty too, $65 at Sgammo.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I don't use them but they are supposed to be fair quality, I'll just wait to try the steel reinforced versions once they come out, in the polymer realm stick with Circle 10 waffle mags till the others are available, otherwise just use steel mil surp, my preference are Yugo BHO Mags especially in Yugo rifles.

And the trigger is horrible. That's my only complaint. But maybe AR triggers have spoiled me and this is normal for an AK?

Try the ALG AKT trigger at only $49, mutliple reviews from very happy people over on AKFiles. Most have said it's the best trigger they've used, including the custom polished offerings out there.

https://youtu.be/Lg-7NpNBS04

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226606&highlight=alg

Edited by dangerdawg
  • Like 1

It'll be back, they just came out and started shipping pre-orders a couple of weeks ago, all the positive reviews made everyone waiting in the wings "pull the trigger" on the ones that remained in stock. Just thought you should look into it before you bought something you may regret.

• Like 1
Please welcome the newest addition to the family, my Arsenal SLR107FR-31. Business as usual with Atlantic Firearms. Prompt shipping + excellent customer service! I ordered a Ultimak AK optics mount + AimPoint T2 for my build out. This will be my first stab at modifying a AK past its factory configuration.

Now, let me introduce you to MY Arsenal SLR107FR!

CE9777FC-C844-46ED-B120-A8139FCB3A40_zps

Arsenal SLR107FR-31 x Arsenal SGL21-61

[URL=http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/FA03CD4E-EF49-4F9C-9A32-B35ECD8E1965_zpsa7xvhuey.jpg.html]FA03CD4E-EF49-4F9C-9A32-B35ECD8E1965_zps[/URL]
Edited by Cartel
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

120 Mile trip round trip, $200, + 3x 1,400 Round buckets of Remington Golden Bullet 22 LR = My 2nd TGI built FEG AMD-65! The seller was seeking $550 for the rifle, one magazine, + a box of ammunition. I was able to negotiate his asking price considerably to my favor as I was willing to make the drive to him this evening to complete the transaction. It was an unexpected purchase, but I was hard pressed to pass on the opportunity given the price point! A7B2ECE5-3AB8-4F60-BF78-4240900B44F2_zps

E900A5DE-1B1F-440B-A5E4-9FECD0C70CB6_zpsE193F278-D0FB-439D-AB38-F6C7B863307C_zps

• Like 3

My AK47 collection grew:

726933d7a3d849a9bd98c58606d036a3.jpg

Also scored 2 ALG AKT triggers. But Dolomite_superfly did such a good job on the pistol trigger, I'm not changing it out. I didn't know, but the Rusky Saiga already has a Tapco G2 trigger, so I guess I need to buy 2 more AK47's to use these triggers on now. :lol:

853ff8a3c0844f3798417ce13b6bc6cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

My AK47 collection grew:

726933d7a3d849a9bd98c58606d036a3.jpg

Also scored 2 ALG AKT triggers. But Dolomite_superfly did such a good job on the pistol trigger, I'm not changing it out. I didn't know, but the Rusky Saiga already has a Tapco G2 trigger, so I guess I need to buy 2 more AK47's to use these triggers on now. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fine addition indeed! What are your plans for the M92, sir? I.E. SBR, Sig Brace, etcetera. 

Last week, I added my 3rd Romanian AES10B to the line up. I sourced it from the same gentlemen that sold me my 2nd AES10B. In addition to the rifle, we struck a deal for three Romanian rear loading 75 round drums in exchange for some ammunition. He was overjoyed to complete the transaction as the funds he received from the sale allowed for him to complete the restoration process of his beloved 1968 Chevrolet C10!

Without further ado, my AES10B's!

71C9AC91-4AEA-46FA-BACC-DCF422022CD6_zpsDD57A317-B58B-405B-A218-E56D64B2DE24_zps

• Like 2