Growing up in the 70s and Wheaties

TN-popo

All I can say is...whatever floats yer boat.

Unless it sinks mine.

I really wanted to say something intelligent and pithy about all this, but for the life of me; I just can't. 

I'm just too flummoxed by it all. I mean it's no big surprise to anyone who's every seen or heard of anything or anyone associated with the Kardashian Klan dramas. And if you'd seen any news in the last few months, you knew it was coming.

But it still just leaves me shaking my head and thinking several WTF's.

• Like 1
I wasted time watching the interview with my wife. It was bizarre to say the least. Even with all of the rumors, I was hoping it wasn't true. I'll give the three ex-wives credit, they can sure keep a secret. That Kris Jenner is a gold digging skank who used Jenner's name to become super rich. She knew his little secret very early on in their relationship.

I'm pretty "Libertarian" when it comes to sexual orientation.  Besides, Jenner says that he's not gay.

However, putting the Olympic Champion / 1970's kid / damage to my psyche aside...

He married three times and fathered a lot of kids while in the midst of his "confusion."

That, IMO, equals AHOLE.

Funny thing, I watched a motivational speech given by him (back when he was doing those) and thought it was pretty good.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 1

That Kris Jenner is a gold digging skank who used Jenner's name to become super rich. She knew his little secret very early on in their relationship.

Yes, she is.

But, she didn't use his name to become rich.  Kardashian is the name she used.

• Like 1

all I ever have used Wheaties for is to make balls for fishing bait.

As for Bruce,  I don't care what he does.  I do know life is too short and if this makes him happy then good for him.  People are allowed to be happy.

You can't change that he is arguably the greatest Olympian ever.

• Like 10

I'm pretty Libertarian when it comes to sexual orientation.  See post #4 (and, he says he's not gay).

Putting the Olympic Champion / 1970s kid / damage to my psych aside...

He fathered a lot of kids while in the midst of his "confusion."
That, IMO, equals AHOLE.

Funny thing, I watched a motivational speech given by him (back when he was doing those) and thought it was pretty good.
Again, sigh.

During the interview, he admitted that he was wrong for putting the wives through this mess, but he also said that he wasn't attracted to men.

I'm also a live and let live kind of guy, but hearing this news threw me for a loop because he was my childhood superman.
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

During the interview, he admitted that he was wrong for putting the wives through this mess, but he also said that he wasn't attracted to men.

I'm also a live and let live kind of guy, but hearing this news threw me for a loop because he was my childhood superman.

From the mid-70s through the mid-80s he was manhood personified. Yet during all that time he was dealing with gender dysphoria. I am imagine this is throwing a lot of people for a loop. My hope is that it will open some hearts and minds to the fact that there are many things about gender and sexual identity that they don't really understand and it will hopefully lead them to be more understanding and accepting of others. I wish Bruce all of the happiness that he can find for himself in his remaining years. 65 years is a long time to hate what you see in the mirror.
  • Like 3
I don't think people just up and decide to be different one day. AFAIK he's dealt with this a long time.

Ultimately, who cares? He has a right to be happy. As a man who knows multiple people that are like this, including a Fire Department chief, their lifestyle affects none of us except for possibly making some of the homophobic uncomfortable because of their own inadequacies. :)
  • Like 4
I'm sure you gents are feeling the same way I felt when one of my aviation heroes, Charles A. Lindbergh, was found to have fathered ten children by seven different European women from 1957 to 1967.Fortunately his wife was dead by the time it came out. Funny how some people go about finding happiness at the expense of others, isn't it?
  • Like 2

From the mid-70s through the mid-80s he was manhood personified. Yet during all that time he was dealing with gender dysphoria. I am imagine this is throwing a lot of people for a loop. My hope is that it will open some hearts and minds to the fact that there are many things about gender and sexual identity that they don't really understand and it will hopefully lead them to be more understanding and accepting of others. I wish Bruce all of the happiness that he can find for himself in his remaining years. 65 years is a long time to hate what you see in the mirror.

I don't disagree with you at all.  That's why I'm a "live and let live" kind of guy when it comes to this stuff.

It's not my thing, but hey, whatever makes someone happy.

Funny how some people go about finding happiness at the expense of others, isn't it?

This is my problem with Jenner.

Edited by TN-popo

Related story.

While in the Police Academy, a group of us who became friends would have "study sessions" on the weekends (mostly studying beer bottles).

Anyway, after it was my turn to host, and everyone had left, my then girlfriend said, "You know 'John' is gay, right?"

Me..."You're crazy.  He's married, two kids, ex-Marine, blah blah blah..." 

About a year later, he was divorced and had "come out."

Point being, he is still the same guy that I had become friends with.  I still consider him my friend. 

However, I still think that it was unfair to his family.  And, he agrees. 

Like someone said earlier, this isn't something that one discovers overnight.

Edited by TN-popo

I don't think a person trying to deal with his or her sexual preference marries not really knowing where it will lead and others do it because they are ashamed of it and use marriage to hide it but eventually it always comes out............jmho