Growing up in the 70s and Wheaties

TN-popo

Some very good thoughts and commentaries from many here. And I really do not disagree with most of them.

Sure it was quite a revelation to many. And it will continue to be a news-making story for a while longer.

I do not object to Bruce Jenner in his personal choices. I do object to his actions as to how they have  impacted others. I do say that it is his choice and he will do as he thinks best for himself.

My concern is that which comes form a strictly biblical standpoint.

Some will agree with me. Others will not.

That is ok. We all make our own choices.

• Like 3
I've known gay people all my life. It's never been a big deal. I don't see any problem with Bruce either unless he's going to try to use this as a defense for that poor woman he killed due to his neglect.

What I do have a problem with are the libs using terror to inflict their way on innocent people. What happened to the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/25/bakers-must-pay-135000-for-refusing-to-make-cake-for-gay-wedding/

Why do those people keep refusing service?

Ordered a wedding cake and don't want to make it?  Stop by Walmart and pick them up one from the bakery, charge them custom cake pricing and viola, they won't bother you any longer.

Edited by Sam1
Perhaps there is more to the story than meets the eye. Perhaps the couple was fishing for someone to deny them service for a pay day.

May be they denied service for some other reason. That's the problem with laws like that.
Perhaps the bakery is tired people making a big to do about nothing.

I will say as fro me, in the past, I would have made the cake. Now, I would still do it unless they were using mutant tactics. In fact, I would still make it but charge 10 times the regular price. That goes for all democrats, they pay extra!

Updated story, make it up as you go! Justice is served!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/26/lesbian-couple-accuses-christian-bakers-of-mental-rape-awarded-135000/ Edited by Still Ugly

Perhaps there is more to the story than meets the eye. Perhaps the couple was fishing for someone to deny them service for a pay day.

May be they denied service for some other reason. That's the problem with laws like that.
Perhaps the bakery is tired people making a big to do about nothing.

I will say as fro me, in the past, I would have made the cake. Now, I would still do it unless they were using mutant tactics. In fact, I would still make it but charge 10 times the regular price. That goes for all democrats, they pay extra!

Updated story, make it up as you go! Justice is served!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/26/lesbian-couple-accuses-christian-bakers-of-mental-rape-awarded-135000/

After reading the comments after the article...I feel sick. These pople did nothing but try to live by their beliefs. Yet someone else can destroy them because they don't like the way the couple tried to live?

Can we file suit against that lesbian couple? I feel mentally raped because I'm forced to listen to them cry about a wedding cake.

• Like 2

I am bit curious why so much identity is tied up in sexuality these days. It's a new phenomenon in case you didn't know. Makes me think it's largely disingenuous and much of it is concocted for attention and justification. Much like global warming/cooling/climate change.

• Like 3

I am bit curious why so much identity is tied up in sexuality these days. It's a new phenomenon in case you didn't know. 

the sole reason for it is because the race issue has come and gone, people need something new to be offended over.  

i just can't wait to see what comes after the sex/gender confusion movement dies down and they realize no one really cares either way.

My biggest problem with all this is who gives a shit? I could give a damn if some dude wants to be a woman or marry another dude or whatever.  I'm not saying I agree with what they want to do or how they live their lives, but who am I to judge.  We are all sinners.  As others have said, live and let live. 

The problem I have with all this junk is, for one, how is this the top news story? You cannot tell me there aren't more important things going on that you have to interview some crazy bastard who wants to be a chick.  Secondly, as far as all the gay stuff and what not, when it comes to the point of forcing people to do things against their beliefs and wrecking their lives over it, that is a problem. 

Bottom line is that people need to get over it, put on some big girl panties :cool: and just get on with living rather than making sure everyone knows you're gay or want to be transgendered or whatever other internal affliction with which you struggle. 

• Like 3

I've known gay people all my life. It's never been a big deal. I don't see any problem with Bruce either unless he's going to try to use this as a defense for that poor woman he killed due to his neglect.

What I do have a problem with are the libs using terror to inflict their way on innocent people. What happened to the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/25/bakers-must-pay-135000-for-refusing-to-make-cake-for-gay-wedding/

Wow. It went all the way to 27 posts until someone brought up gay marriage. :lol: Considering that Bruce Jenner isn't gay, I think that may be a forum record.

Personally, I think the gays that want to get married because they love each other have more respect for traditional marriage than all the straight folks who just need the government to okay them for sex.

I personally believe the jenner interview went very well....for conservatives lol..This really backfired on the left wing progressive media in a big way when jenner pointed out that he was 1. Not gay...and 2. A staunch conservative, that believes in our constitution...and 3. Doesn't like Obama and his policies...

I'm quite sure they were hoping for a continuation of the typical progressive narrative, but instead, got a big heaping helping of reality...

Edited by Someotherguy

all I ever have used Wheaties for is to make balls for fishing bait.

As for Bruce,  I don't care what he does.  I do know life is too short and if this makes him happy then good for him.  People are allowed to be happy.

You can't change that he is arguably the greatest Olympian ever.

Well said. I don't care what he does. I'd never heard of the man until recently and didn't even know he was an Olympian until I read your post.

A friend sent this to me this morning.  I know it's wrong, but I can't stop laughing. 

03b87f51be175afa063b87042ba2cd38.jpg

That aside, he/she can do what ever he/she wants.  None of us would know anything about this if it weren't for the TV show. 

• Like 5

I'm quite sure they were hoping to for a continuation of the typical progressive narrative, but instead, got a big heaping helping of reality...

I believe a lot of folks on both sides of the aisle would be surprised at how many gay people are conservative or libertarian.
  • Like 2

Wow. It went all the way to 27 posts until someone brought up gay marriage. :lol: Considering that Bruce Jenner isn't gay, I think that may be a forum record.

Personally, I think the gays that want to get married because they love each other have more respect for traditional marriage than all the straight folks who just need the government to okay them for sex.

If I was gay, I would want to hang onto my Johnson. The gov'ment has no business in the marriage business.

I believe a lot of folks on both sides of the aisle would be surprised at how many gay people are conservative or libertarian.

I have a number of both types of friends. The real shame is the otherwise intelligent gays that wind up being Democrats because of the way Republicans deal with gay marriage and similar issues.

• Like 3